main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I love this promo for the return of Legion.

Aubrey Plaza FTW!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, I don't see Disney giving up so easily. Not unless they can separate ANH and the remaining Marvel properties, then they could abandon Fox.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I doubt Disney would give up but I won't feel truly comfortable until the deal is finalized. There's going to be that little bit of doubt until then.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, news last week was that a certain something was "confirmed" to be in the upcoming Dark Phoenix flick by industry insider Jeremy Conrad:
    Confirmed: Dark Phoenix Will Introduce Famous Marvel Villains Before Captain Marvel Does

I wish that wasn't a headline in my social feed, but it was. However, a trailer might end up spoiling it anyway.

In other Fox owned Marvel IP news:

Fox Developing ‘Silver Surfer’, ‘Doctor Doom’ Movies; Aims to Shoot ‘X-Force’ in October
    This reports strong suggests that Fox is confident in their Marvel IP and fully understands the value of the characters they have the licensing rights to as they move forward with the movie slate. Fox has been crushing it on the TV side with Legion and The Gifted, and of course cinematically with Logan, Deadpool and Days of Future Past, so I have confident with their rumored films, except for Gambit.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The way I hear it is that Fox does want to go with Disney and it is pretty much a given. Comcast will have to offer up so much money that Fox's board of directors consider going with them. But right now, it seems like it will be Fox and Disney.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    the potential Fox/Disney merger is still so far out, both MCU and Fox's X-Men can happily truck along for a few more years separate. So, yah, I highly doubt coming out of Avengers 4 we'll be all like "Holly Hell! Magneto showed up at the end!!"

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm sure Disney doesn't mind Fox continuing with production of their Marvel films because when the deal closes, those films would have been on Fox's budget but Disney would be able to add those films to its catalog/streaming service library.

Here's another preview of Season Two of Legion.

FX’s Legion Is Hiding Something in New Season 2 Promo

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Legion season 2 trailer:

9. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    So is season 2 of The Gifted scheduled for fall? I just finished the last episode this Monday. Fox Norway airs them on a delayed schedule.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah it got a season 2 pickup.

But, more importantly, here's a "recap" of Legion Season 1.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  11. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I've been re-watching Legion on Blu-ray. Still awesome.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    B99 likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm bummed that Dark Phoenix was pushed back to Feb. 2019 as I really wanted to see some footage of the film, as some of the photos of the film look good. Plus, this is Simon Kinberg's directorial debut so I wanted to get a sense of his vision, color pallet and directing style. Moreover, many were expecting a trailer of Dark Phoenix would drop soon as it would be likely attached Deadpool 2. And the young X-Men cast from Apocalypse seemed to have been received rather well considering the film itself was not. I personally was looking forward to seeing another non-Singer directed film, as the previous one is my favorite it as it's bright colorful and captures the essence of the X-Men. I'm not worried about the push or Kinberg taking the helm for the X-Men franchise. However, in the back of my head, I'm wondering if these push backs are anyway connected to the pending Fox/Disney deal. I mean, either before or by early 2019, it's expected the Fox/Disney deal to be finalized. If that's the case, Disney could move New Mutants and Dark Phoenix to their streaming service. Since Disney really didn't spend any production costs on the films, they really don't have much to lose if they make the films exclusive to their streaming service. It would also make sense not to release the films in theaters if Disney has plans to release their own MCU X-Men franchise, as there would be a period of several years before the launch into theaters.

As for New Mutants being pushed back. You'd think it would be moved up to Dark Phoenix's spot of November of this year. I read a report that the New Mutants reshoots were to add more comedy into the film, which would be bizarre since it was being sold as a horror film. Perhaps some Disney influence?

15. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Perhaps it just plain doesn't work?

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's a possibility. And if that's the case, all the more reason for it to be part of Disney's streaming service instead of a theatrical release.

17. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Fox moved Bohemian Rhapsody up into DP's November spot probably hoping to improve it's awards chances. Everything I've seen about the changes to New Mutants have been to add more horror elements and a new character. And also that Josh Boone and the studio aren't seeing eye to eye.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that's right. New Mutants was pushed back to add a new character. Still rather a bizarre thing to add a NEW character so late into production.

Master_Lok likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah I get it that Bohemean was moved to Nov for the Awards push and pushing Dark Phoenix back 3 months doesn't indicate a significant overhaul that seems to be happening on New Mutants. Fox was probably looking for the next best open Blockbuster slot (November / Dec are kind of locked down already from the other studios, January has expansion of Oscar hopefuls / X-Mas blockbuster run off / bad movies) so they saw that February was the next release date in the Deadpool slot.

So what we got for us X-geeks now in live action is Deadpool 2, Legion s2 and The Gifted s2 (if Gifted has the same # of eps/timelot it did last year probably get the whole season from Sept-Dec-early Januaryish). And to think, once upon a time we thought that 3 X-Men movies in 2018 would happen.

Still the point is Legion Season 2 starts in a week, whoohoo! And if one wants to look at the long view, probably only 3 months max from the end of Legion Season 2 to the start of Gifted Season 2 so we only have to live about 90 days or so max without anything Mutant-y happening in 2018.

20. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Not for us in the UK. 17th of April.:(

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    More info on the reshoots- reportedly XMDP's delay is due to their wanting to do some standard tweaking reshoots following a test screening. However, cast availability made it impossible to schedule them in time for the Nov release date, thus the delay.

New Mutants seems to be getting messed around with again, though:

‘New Mutants’ on the other hand is reportedly a much more serious affair. Director Josh Boone reportedly delivered a cut of the film that he was happy with, but not Fox who wants a scarier film.

As a result, the large amount of reshoots which were first reported when the film was pushed back ten months from its original release, have been expanded with at least 50% of the film now looking to be redone and at least one or two new characters being incorporated into the narrative.

Boone has also reportedly been having some creative differences with the studio over the requested changes.

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    take a good long look at this trailer again folks, who knows how much if it we'll see in August 2019

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm assuming Game of Thrones is the issue. Given Sophie Turner is the star of this one, they sort of need her and I imagine she's tied up finishing the final season given reports that it will be going through the summer.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That would be a fair guess- either that, or the reshoots involve someone they didn't expect to need for reshoots and who, as a result, was not contracted for them like the main stars. Like expanding a supporting character or something.