main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I’ll pass.

Glad we got First Class and Days of Future Past out of this batch, but I am ready for some new X stories and characters on the big screen.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Wouldn't New Mutants cover that?

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    So far IMHO the best X Men movies were directed by Bryan Singer and James Mangold I have liked them all including Days Of Future Past and Apocalypse! I like that both Futures Past and Apocalypse had a period piece feel in the 70's and 80's very nostalgic homages to both era's! I think this movie looks really good I cant wait to see it! And I cant wait for Disney to own The X Men seeing the X Men in the Avengers films will be awesome IMHO!

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i've liked them all too, Leo, outside of TLS and Wolverine Origins. i actually preferred Apocalypse to both BvS and Civil War, as all three were released in succession.

my taste in movies has been questioned at times, though. :p

5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Not by me, at least regarding your liking of Apocalypse. :p ;)

heels1785 likes this.
  6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Dark Phoenix has been pushed back to June 2019

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    My biggest gripe of all the X-Men movies released since 2000, especially the more recent ones, is that Yukio's character was one-and-done in The Wolverine. I liked her in the movie; and she really had good chemistry with Jackman.

And no, I don't count the mentally challenged teenager named Yukio in Deadpool 2.

Gamiel likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    THE DAY AFTER THEY RELEASE THE TRAILER FOR FEBRUARY, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!

And when did New Mutants get pushed to, January 2022?!

Well I read the article and it looks NM isn't getting moved (yet). And a Deadpool Pg-13 version?

https://deadline.com/2018/09/dark-p...dpool-gambit-release-date-changes-1202473229/

Maybe Princess Bride style recap storybook? I would actually watch that.

9. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    It looks like they're moving it in order to push Alita out of this year's crowded December. It was only a matter of time before someone had to blink on that one. But then they go and add a PG-13 cut of DP2 to the Christmas mix? I guess their thinking is it will be a cheap entry and anything it manages to make will just be gravy. Still odd though.

Where are you seeing that date for NM though? I hadn't heard of it being moved that far out either and it's still set for August of next year everywhere I'm seeing.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I know I was just ranting and raving cuz I could deal with Dark Phoenix being moved a few months to Feb but July is aggravating to me esp after the trailer. One flippin day! The Dec. release sked right now is currently bananas, though for Battle Angel.

Buttttt two X-Men movies in the space of 30 days with Dark Phoenix and New Mutants? Okay sure I can dig.

11. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    It adds a little potential validity to those where were surmising that they pushed that trailer out earlier than they had planned because of the one that had leaked a few days earlier, which had some different shots in it.

12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    You really can't. It's June, not July.

Edit: and Gambit has been moved to March 2020, but I'm not sure anyone cares about that.

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    June release suggests the studio has a lot of confidence in the film to be a summer blockbuster.

15. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    So now I'm seeing it's going to be a mixture of DP and DP2 with The Princess Bride style narration.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    As Deadpool says in DP2, it's a film about family.

17. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    The best response in RR's twitter feed:

[​IMG]

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Well that sounds terrible.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    With supposedly some material that wasn't included in either of those (material that was originally cut I would assume). It has some small amount of potential depending on how they stitch it all together. While it doesn't sound terrible to me (I'm curious enough to want to see it) it's not something that will get me into a theater over many of the other December movies. It really does scream "wait for streaming".

Diggy likes this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I really don’t care for highlights shows (thanks for making the Seinfeld finale terrible) so even streaming...maybe only for FFing to the bits I haven’t seen.

21. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    According DealineHollywood since the trailer had a high number of views on youtube/web, specially in China, the studio ( shouldn't be Disney by now ?) decided it was a bonna fide "summer blockbuster" and moved it to June. Well, that's what Deadline said.

22. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    No.

The purchase agreement between Disney and Fox doesn't finalize until sometime early next year. It's still jumping over regulatory hurdles overseas.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah I think the PG-13 Princess Bride DP1&2 combo could be a fun watch but keep it under 90 minutes and I dunno if I'll get a chance to see it in Dec but hopefully.

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    To be fair, June will be fairly safe. Avengers 4 will have been in theaters for well over a month by then.

25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    [​IMG]