main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Wing Alliance, custom mission announcement!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Samuel, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Greetings,

I wanted to announce that my XWA battle will be released in a few weeks. Its taking a while due to so much going on right now. Expect a full release by the last week of March. That should give me a enough time to complete the missions, fix the breifings and finish writeing the story for the plotline. Right now I have 4 out of 8 current missions completed, but the battle will have a total of 9 missions. So I'm about 50% done! The other missions mostly just lack map briefings and in flight msgs. Once I get that done it'll be ready for download!

As a bit of a "teaser" I have one of the missions ready to release as a preview. The mission is complete and I'd love to have feedback on it.

Forceflow has hosted this mission for me, Many thanks to Forceflow :) You can download the mission here: http://www.forceflow.de/semag_teaser.zip

Thanks again to Forceflow!

Please let me know of any bugs, or anything you do not like about the mission here or e-mail me at weasel74@intelos.net

A short description of the mission:

It is Imperial based, with edited text files to give XWA a more Imperial theme, also with permission included is Snoobia the Wookie's Imperial Crest CBM for the breifing map display. This mission is to my knowledge unquine. I don`t want to give away too much, its ment to be a suprise :) Just be sure to read the "readme" file before playing, and before installing any of the files.

btw, The download is in winzip format.

Enjoy!

2. CrixMakin

CrixMakin Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2002
    SWEET! Man I want this... I always said XWA was too Rebel based, I always wanted to be in the Viraxo family, then join the Empire as a pilot, kind of like the Anti-Ace-Azzameen..

Maybe theres an idea in that, actually. "TIE Fighter Empire", anyone?

I think I will start work on the idea myself.. In THEORY, all I have to do is turn the game around, so that you play the Viraxo, then the Empire. Might be hard though. I'll take a look later..

3. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    hehehe, now theres an idea. TIE Fighter Empire!

Hey we've been waiting for years and years now for a new "TIE Fighter". Don`t look like there is going to be one, so I've took up making my own Imperial missions for X-Wing Alliance :)

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Does this mission have any media or plot to it? Such as someone saying 'OK Boys, we know what our mission is.'

5. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    I was going to recommend posting this on the X-Wing Legacy forums as well, but I see you've got that covered under the nick "Weasel". ;)

I used to be into mission design, among other things, in the XvT and XWA community, but have drifted away. :( I keep neglecting the people who've e-mailed me about campaigns I left hanging, etc.

6. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    Well its mission 4 of my battle, I am writeing a story to flow with the plot of the battle. If you read both the mission breifing map text and the officer's briefing text before starting the mission you will find the plot explained there and also the in-flight messages help to explain what is going on.

I don`t make missions where you are just thrown in and have to figure it out for yourself. I like to make it realistic and with good background story to it.

Oh I have not included custom e-mails in with this one. I've not yet finished them for one thing. But the battle will have them.

Hiya Riley Man, yup done posted over there and at the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project msg boards. Trying to get as wide spread coverage for my battle as I can.

7. CrixMakin

Feb 24, 2002
    I'm going to suggest this to the Emperor's Hammer, see if they want to look at doing it. At the moment the TIE cadets just fly custom battles from an Imperial viewpoint, but they may like this idea..

I'm thinking replace the main concourse, etc, make it all on board a Star Destroyer?

I'm getting WAY too excited over ths idea..

8. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    lol Crix, funny you menation the Emperor's Hammer.

I'm a member of it :p

I've worked with both the Science Office and the Tactical Office. I did get them to start useing custom CBM files for the mission breifings. Right now I am in retirement with the TIE Corps but in a few weeks once my battle is done I am going to return to active duty.

The EH really isn`t that heavily into makeing mods like that. I've tried to talk to them but aside from thier custom "super" fighters they don`t do that much modifications. However right now the Science Officer is working on making some new mods, and custom fighters for use by the entire Emperor's Hammer, not only the TIE Corps.

I've made a single custom mission for the EH, mostly I was incharge of correcting other peoples battles and missions. Making sure there was not errors, bugs, etc.

There was someone posting over on the XWAUP boards about editing the concourse to be a star destroyer. I've not seen anymore on it though.

It would be nice to make/have a Imperial total conversion for X-Wing Alliance. But its something I doubt the Emperor's Hammer would use due to issues of compatibilty and multi-player and such things. They get very picky over those things.

9. CrixMakin

Feb 24, 2002
    Good point actually. I'm currently completing my TIE training for Charlie Company (which involves completing first six battles of XWA, IE fighting for the rebels?!) so still don't know much about the Corps, but I can see how they want compatibility. Charlie Company is single player though, so might be worth trying it just for myself..

10. High_Inquisitor_JG

High_Inquisitor_JG Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2002
    Excellent job, Sam!

Yes, that would be nice--backwards XWA. :D I was a bad rebel in it a few times, and tried to blow up the Liberty. :p

11. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    hey cool Crix.

When you do get your training complete, you'll be asked if there is a certain ship you want stationed on. Fill out the form and asked to be placed on the ISD Immortal, they are X-Wing Alliance and the best XWA ship and wing in the fleet. I've served on the Immortal 3 times. They've got the best crew and officers around. Friendly and very helpful. It was the second ship I was stationed on in the EH. I've been here for 3 years now! Have yet to find a better ship than the Immortal.

HI JG :p hehe, thanks! :)

lol a "bad" rebel ? ;) lol don`t ask how many times I've blown up the Liberty :cool: :eek:

12. CrixMakin

Feb 24, 2002
    I've blown up the Liberty, the Falcon, Wedge Antilles, and the rest of Rogue Squadron, even Mon Mothma in her shuttle, courtesy of the simulator...

The Immortal? I'll remember that. Thanks for the advice.

13. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    Your Welcome Crix, heh I commanded the same squadron twice on the Immortal :)

Enjoy the TIE Corps!

14. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    Well Hello everyone. heh just an excuse to up this :p

Come chat, try my mission out and let me know what you think so I can make changes to rest of the battle before I release in 2 weeks!

15. BattleDog

BattleDog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2002
    Well it sounds good, I won't download it though since I can't play Impirial missions.

Ever since you had to kidnap those children in TIE Fighter!

I started gunning down my wingmen!

P.S. Yes it's the same BattleDog.

16. CrixMakin

Feb 24, 2002
    Kidnapping children is EVIL. The empire is EVIL. It had to happen, for the Emperor. The Emperor's will is my command.

17. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    ack! Dear Sir, you incorrectly remember said mission. This excerpt below has been copied directly from said mission. This mission is Mission Four, of Battle Two "The Sepan Civil War".

What did we accomplish?

Our special operation was a success, with minimal casualties. As it turns out, the individuals we captured are not the [Dimok] and [Ripoblus] leaders, but the children of both sides' leaders. Apparently, they were to be used as hostages in a cynical attempt by each side to assure the others adherence to a new treaty. This treaty calls for an immediate suspension of hostilities between them. Furthermore, they intend to join forces against us! We had hoped to persuade them to negotiate a peace settlement under Imperial auspices. This would have been preferable to the Imperial Navy imposing a settlement. Now, it seems we have no choice... Sector HQ will not be happy about this, but we are going to need substantial reinforcements to pacify the Sepan system.

As you can clearly see, the Empire did not purposely go after children. It was but a mere circumstance. Also as noted above, you see it was not the Empire's intention to captured children. But the Empire did save said children, as they were being held hostage.

The Empire is indeed, not evil.

Thank you.

18. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    How can you join the Empire as a pilot? They're all clones [face_plain]

19. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    Of course you can join the Imperial Navy. There are no clones....cloneing was banned by the senate after the clone wars.

and hey how about that mission I made, has anyone been flying it ? Don`t let the fact that it is Imperial based turn you away. Fly it and have fun! please :)

20. Charlie_Martel

Sep 8, 2001
    Good one. After the Clone Wars came Emperor Palpatine's rule, not the Senate's rule. Why would he stop the production? [face_plain]

It's all of that mass-production crap. First Palpatine doesn't like droids then he switches to clones :D

21. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    Well ya gotta remember, Palpatine was in charge of the Republic, and whatever he wanted was done, soooo.....he must of been the one to have ordered the cloneing banned. But we won`t know that stuff for certain till EP 2 and III is out :p

And TIE Pilots aren`t clones :p only Clone Troopers and rumored Stormtroopers are clones :p

22. Charlie_Martel

Sep 8, 2001
    Well... Jango Fett was a great warrior and a great pilot. So... you don't think it's possible for the Kaminoians to have programs for piloting? :D

23. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    We don`t know that till EP 2 comes out :p

hey this is getting to much like a lit thread. Suppose to be about my mission and upcoming battle!

24. Charlie_Martel

Sep 8, 2001
    You mean Episode III speculation thread? :)

I'm now stopping. Off to play some Civilization 3 :D

25. Samuel

Jul 12, 2001
    lol you don`t have to leave!

go fly my mission!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.