main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing: Deception - Completed - Jan 21, 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
  2. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    *cackles gleefully*

I [face_love] Wes.

3. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    hey guys! lets keep this thing up towards the top for Inyri... she might just grace us with a postie!

Upsidaisy!

5. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    :-0

Inyri..where art thou?!

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I just read a bunch of the story yesterday. I'm up to Chap 9 now--only a year behind! LOL!
    But I love it. :D
    And I was glad that Inyri and Wes had a little moment there. :)

7. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Is there more to this, Inyri?

~Jes~

8. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Upsy-daisy! :p

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    How many Epilogue posts are there going to be eventually? 4?
    Excellent fic, Inyri :D

10. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I think I laughed out a kidney on that last post!!! This story is going as good as always. Sorry I haven't been around in awhile Inyri.

11. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay, finally got all caught up :)
    Really great! :D I haven't even read all of the X wing and Wraith books and I loved this one. Now I'll have to go back and read them all. ;)
    Love the continuing saga of the Ewok theme :p

I look forward to the few remaning ends being tied up whenever you have the time. :)

12. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    *tackle hug*
    Jade!!!!

hi hi hi! glad you finally got through this one... i just caught up on the last post... (sorry Inyri! got too busy DRL's a little... errr yeah)

Anyhoo! glad you enjoyed it... See? i told you she was good... ;)

-b-

13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Hey B! :)
    Yeah. This is a great fic.
    And Inyri does a great job with Mara, too! Not an easy thing to do, as most of the NJO have proven. :rolleyes:

14. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I just finished a mass reread (it took me 3 days). I'd forgoten about some of the funny moments in early posts. Oh, and.....

Merry Christmas!!!

15. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Well, I finished it. Finally...

I decided to read this because Blended kept raving about it, and I had to see if it was so good. And, well, it was. Really good, I mean.

The characterization was spot-on, and... I have to go now...

[I'll finish this later...]

Elena

16. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Inyri, where art thou?

teh up-ness!

-JSD

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Deception: Final Post

?This is going better than I expected,? Iella whispered in Wedge?s ear.

?I?m worried,? Wedge shook his head. ?For one, Wes Janson has been looking rather smug all day, so I know he has something planned.? Smug was an understatement. Janson had been wearing his I-know-something-you-don?t-know face since yesterday. When nothing out of the ordinary happened at the bachelor party, his fears had increased. An image of Janson and a champagne fountain flashed in his mind momentarily and he shuddered. ?Then there?s Face. I don?t have any indication he?s up to something, but he isn?t as easy to read as Wes. I wouldn?t put it past him to try to embarrass both himself and me.?

?He seems to be trying to impress that girl he brought,? Iella remarked. ?I don?t think he?ll be starting trouble. Now, Kell, on the other hand...?

?Kell and I have an agreement. He?s promised to behave himself if I put a rush order on his newest detonation toys,? Wedge shook his head. ?That was one easy bribe to make things better.?

?I noticed Cheriss brought a date,? Iella raised an eyebrow, inclining her head towards the guests.

?They?re such an odd match,? Wedge admitted. ?She?s obsessed with flying, he?s mainly interested in computers??

?Actually, he?s rather obsessed with smuggler lore. Stories about Han Solo, Lando Calrissian?he worked for Karrde for awhile,? Tycho put in. ?While she?s obsessed with fighter pilots, mainly you, and now Luke as she?s learned all about his exploits. Between the two of them, they have most of the heroes of the rebellion covered.?

Wedge and Iella both looked at him strangely.

?What? Winter has them over to dinner once a week now that Cheriss moved into the dormitories at the academy. She thinks they need real food.?

?What?s wrong with the mess hall?? Wedge asked.

Tycho leaned forward to catch Iella?s eye. ?I really hope you know how to cook. Wedge is in desperate need of a real meal.?

?How do you know Wedge won?t be the cook out of the two of us?? Iella asked.

?The word ?taun-taun? comes to mind?? Tycho said.

?I will never live that down, will I?? Wedge asked. He turned his attention back to the guests, hoping to find something to use to change the subject. ?What?s going on with Pash and Janine? This is the first time I've seen them together since...?

Tycho shook his head. ?No idea, but I'm rather out of the loop. Iella??

?Off the record, I see them sitting here sometime next year. They've been seeing each other for a few months now. Of course, they won't be here before Hobbie, who is going to propose sometime in the next few weeks.?

Wedge frowned. ?You know way more about my friends? lives than I do, don?t you??

She shrugged. ?You were the one who told me to be a snoop.?

?We created a monster,? Tycho groaned.

?Just imagine the havoc she could cause if she teamed up with Wes and Face,? Wedge added.

Iella rolled her eyes, turning back to face the guests. She frowned, ?Speaking of Wes and Face?they seem to have disappeared.?

Wedge froze. ?They didn?t.? He scanned the room. Perhaps they were just socializing somewhere?how did they manage to sneak off? Face?s date was listening to a story Hobbie was telling. Inyri?there she was, getting a drink at the bar. Oh, this was bad. This was very bad. ?Tycho??

He sighed, setting down his fork. ?I?m on it.? He pushed his chair away from the table and went to investigate.

?Maybe it?s a coincidence?? Iella said hopefully.

?Please let it not involve Ewoks,? Wedge muttered.

?If they do anything, anything, to ruin my wedding, I swear I?ll?? Iella trailed off, clenching her fists.

?You?ll have to wait in line,? Wedge replied. ?Remember when Gavin?s wife hit him??

?Hit who??

?Janson. He ruined her wedding and she slapped him. It was great.? Wedge grinned at the memory.

?I doubt you?ll think it?s funny when he does something to us.?

?I?m clinging to hope that Tycho can stop whatever trouble i

18. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Holy cow, you're alive!

*cheers*

And that was a wonderful conclusion to a fantastic story. Loved everything - Wes's speech & "prank," his references to Adumar and especially the time Wedge acted less mature than he did, and . . . well, the rest of it, haha. I suppose it's not too much to ask for you to write more . . .? ;)

Great work! If there were more writers with your talent on the boards, the world would be a better place.

=D=

19. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    INYRI! You sneak!

I just accidently noticed that this was there...

FANTASTIC ending..and Wes just can't seem to help hiimself can he.

Oh what a wonderful ride this was :)

Thanks Inyri!

oooh did i get the first post? Now that has NEVER happened....EDIT: And apparently I did miss it :(

20. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Perfect conclusion, Inyri! I just knew Wes wouldn't do anything too bad...whether it be out of fear or respect, however, is another issue entirely.

This fic is what got me interested in the boards here, Inyri. It was wonderful to learn that there were more pilot fans out there.

Thank you, Inyri.

Jes

21. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    POSTIE! okay i will now turn off caps.
    anyway yeah , a postie and you'r ALIVE INYRI!
    oh thank the heavens i was worried for awhile, how could you be dead, but you aren't and thats great. i've missed you so much and i loved the ending, it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i missed you really, i'm so gald your alive.
    i loved how wes did something nice and then made it....not so nice. i could say. the ending was great, i love wes/inyri! it was so cool, i'm gonna go reread it now. don't worry inyri i forgive you. i was never mad at you in the 1st place. and i wanted to say, as well that your stories got me here in the first place. if it wasn't for you i would never have found the boards nor would i have had a reason to stay and i thank you so much inyri, though i will miss you. i still think you are a great writer and my fave. i have this saved to my faves and will reread for a long time. thank you again inyri.

~JSS19~

edit: spelling

22. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG !!! THAT WUZ AN AWESUM END TO AN AWESUM STORY RI'~!!!! gReAt JoB!

23. Explosion__Girl

Explosion__Girl Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
    OMG!!! *smacks herself on the head* How could I not have seen that you updated this?

And I decided to post this with my sock since you're the reason the sock even exists... so without further ado....

Tycho leaned forward to catch Iella?s eye. ?I really hope you know how to cook. Wedge is in desperate need of a real meal.?

?How do you know Wedge won?t be the cook out of the two of us?? Iella asked.

?The word ?taun-taun? comes to mind?? Tycho said.

*snickers* Poor Wedge... he shall never ever live that down.....

?What?s going on with Pash and Janine? This is the first time I've seen them together since...?

Tycho shook his head. ?No idea, but I'm rather out of the loop. Iella??

?Off the record, I see them sitting here sometime next year. They've been seeing each other for a few months now. Of course, they won't be here before Hobbie, who is going to propose sometime in the next few weeks.?

Yes!!! Yes!!! Pash/Janine!!

Wedge frowned. ?You know way more about my friends? lives than I do, don?t you??

She shrugged. ?You were the one who told me to be a snoop.?

?We created a monster,? Tycho groaned.

*snickers* Tsk tsk, Wedge should know that women are born to be snoops occasionally/quite frequently. :p

?Hang on, I?m almost done,? Janson held up a hand, enjoying tormenting his friend. ?What we?ve done is all of us have chipped in to get you and Iella a second set of reservations in the names of some of your friends. Said friends - meaning my and 'Ri - will check in at said suite, then, after you check in at the suite you already reserved, you?ll come find us. No one cares about interviewing the rest of us lowly pilots.? Wes? grin widened even more, ?And, in addition, we?ve booked you a honey-moon to a very, very nice resort. Of course, you?ll have to go in disguise, but after what you?ve put us through over the years, it only seems fair.?

Ah, good boy, Wes! Good boy!! Doing something nice for once that doesn't involve ewoks...

?What?s the catch, Wes?? Inyri stuck him with a look.

?No catch. I have been the perfect gentleman throughout all of this.? He gave her a hurt look, ?How could you think I have some sort of joke planned??

?Because I know you, Wes.?

?Inyri?? Seeing her eyes harden, he sighed, ?Oh, fine. The tickets are for Mr. and Mrs. Kettch. I couldn?t resist.?

*snickers* I should've known, Wes seems to always have to involve ewoks somehow... [face_laugh]

*sniffs* I can't believe that it's actually finished! *sniffs again* You did an awesome job, Inyri, and I'm glad that -Trickster- managed to get me interested in this by showing me some amusing quotes and that I finally decided to come see what was going on.

And since this wouldn't be a Targeter post without an explosion....

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Awww, come on, you didn't really think that I would post here without one last boom, did you? :p

Okay, i'm going to shut up now, and say, it's been great reading, Inyri, and I'm sad that it's over.

:Targeter:

24. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    =D=

I really loved it.

25. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, guys. It was an adventure writing this and I learned why one does not take on writing a novel very often. :p In the end, this is nearly 300 pages in Word. Kinda scary. (Of course, that also includes missing scenes and alternate endings. Perhaps I should put the DVD version up somewhere. :p ) Anyways, it's really touching to know how much you all enjoyed this and to be constantly getting feedback from you (plus to have you still stay with me over the years).

To be honest, I came here because of a really great J/J story by Mira, and my fics started out in that genre and just evolved over time. I do think I enjoy pilotfic the most out of all the SW genres, just because the characters are more "normal." Of course, no one is normal in SW.

I mentioned in the viggie thread that I'm probably not going to write another long fic for awhile, but you may find vignettes from me every now and again.

Thanks again for coming on this crazy adventure with me, and I love you all so much.

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.