main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-Wing: Rise of a Rogue - Revised Edition - Complete 2/22 (Rogues, Wraiths, OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lane_Winree, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Luke would be ecstatic to get the holocrons to put in the Library.

I think Tionne will be more excited. :D

Especially for a Force-sensitive like Darvix.

Vindication!!!!!

the two got into a bit of a quarrel.

What?! They argued?! Whatever is happening to the galaxy?!

He tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear, tilting his head to the side and gazing at her. A pang of regret filled him. He longed to be able to see her with real eyes, not the cybernetic machines he was forced to cope with. Darvix wished he could see her as she really was, not just the blue outline with faint features that his cybernetic eyes saw. It was just another reason to hate the Imperials. Had those warlords and moffs not stockpiled Bacta during the Krytos scare, Darvix would be able to see what she really looked like.

I like this. It is a very nice parallel to Vader. Even WITH the best medicine, he was still forced to see everything through a red outline with faint features.

?Eyes up here,? she admonished with a faint grin, pointing to her face.

Darvix blushed furiously as he realized he had been staring at her chest for the last ten minutes.

Bwahahahahahahahaha

?Do you believe that?? He asked the smuggler.

?That the Jedi killed his father?? Trrax replied. ?Not for a minute. It just doesn?t make sense.?

I don't believe it, either!!!

2. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    LadyReva - Or he'll go digging until he's knocked out by some Imperials and thrown into a high security brainwashing facility. :D

Hazel - Something doesn't quite stack up it seems!

DMC - That answer does come in this act towards the end, chapter 20 or 21 I think.

Nanci

I think Tionne will be more excited.

Tionne probably is going to flip out when she gets her hands on these specific holocrons [face_whistling]

Vindication!!!!!

Yeah, I kind of telegraphed that one ^_^

What?! They argued?! Whatever is happening to the galaxy?!

I know! Just what is the Galaxy coming to? :p

I don't believe it, either!!!

But just how did he die? Answer in the 11 o'clock news!

Thanks for reading all. New chapter below!

3. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Chapter Thirteen - The Holocron

Wedge shook his head and sighed in resignation. ?Would you care to explain just what happened last night??

As Darvix opened his mouth to speak, Corran cut him off.

?It?s my fault,? Corran said. ?The holocameras were picking up some strange activity a few blocks from here and since Darvix was a native, I asked him to go check it out. I didn?t expect him to be ambushed by a few Stormies. Rather than risk them tracing him back here, he found an alternate place to spend the night until he could merge with street traffic in the morning.?

Darvix wasn?t really sure if he was hearing things correctly. Had Corran just covered up for his own idiotic stunt? After everything he had done to Corran? He had not only attacked the veteran pilot?s beliefs, he had physically assaulted him. In his own anger, he left the safehouse and went to get a drink, only to get himself ambushed by stormtroopers. Had it not been for the Corellian smuggler he ran in to he could have blown the entire mission for the Rogues before it even began. It should have ended in disaster.

Why, then, was the Jedi covering for him?

?After he failed to report back in I went to look for him," Corran continued. ?If something happened I didn't want to get into a blaster fight, so I brought Cheriss with me since she's a bit more versed in unarmed combat. We made contact with him, and remained in hiding until morning.?

Wedge nodded and glanced over to the third man in the room. ?Now, why is the smuggler still with us??

The tall smuggler, leaning against a far wall and staring up at the ceiling, shrugged. ?What can I say? I was drawn by the beauty of your female agent.?

Darvix shot Trrax a look that could kill.

?Darvix insisted that we bring him with us,? Corran said, a hint of frustration in his voice.

?This true, Dap??

Darvix nodded his reply. ?First and foremost, he?s a security risk if we let him go. It would be in the best interest of the mission and our safety to keep him around.?

?Logical conclusion,? Wedge admitted.

?Second, he?s been on world more recently than I have. Even though I?m a native, it?s still been over four years since I was here last. Trrax has a better feel for this area than I do, especially the refugee sectors.?

Wedge?s ears perked at the last statement. If this smuggler was familiar with the refugee sector, he could prove to be an incredibly valuable addition to this mission. Sarkin and Tainer didn?t have very much information to work with on that area of Nar Shaddaa. This smuggler could accelerate the mission greatly, and that meant he had the potential to save the Rogues from doom.

?I see,? Wedge replied. ?He can stay.?

Corran looked as if he had just punched in the stomach. ?With all due respect, sir, I think you've gone a bit barvy mad."

Wedge smiled and shrugged. ?Can you blame him? Cheriss is a rather attractive young woman.?

Corran opened his mouth to argue but merely shook his head, snapping a half baked salute before leaving Wedge's makeshift office.

?Sorry about that,? Wedge said to the smuggler across the room. ?You know those CorSec types.?

Several hours later, Lane ?Ace? Azzameen and his crew were on board an aging skimmer heading towards the refugee sector.

It had been a long journey for Ace to join the Rogues. His family had smuggled Bacta to the Alliance during the height of the Rebellion, braving Imperial customs checkpoints to try and ship the valuable medicine to Rebel starships and bases. His father and brother had even been on Hoth during the escape. Sure, they had gotten into scrapes, but they had always managed to escape.

Then came the fateful run when the Imperials finally got the jump on them.

His father and eldest brother were killed in by Imperial Bombers, leaving Ace and his middle brother and sister behind. Without any other alternative, they fled to the care of the Rebel Alliance. It had all come so quickly. None of them had any time to grieve, all they could do was pack up what they could into an aging YT-1300 freigh

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Another solid entry. I like seeing your take on Ace Azzameen's history post-XWA. That used to be one of my favorite video games growing up, and I've often wondered what officially happened to him. Your take is pretty interesting.

Glad that Corran was so bored to he decided to check out those holocrons... :p

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice update!

I too am glad Corran checked the holocron and discovered the journal of Derik Zorvan.

:D

6. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Wedge shook his head and sighed in resignation. ?Would you care to explain just what happened last night??

Wedge, you've been Commander of Rogue Squadron long enough to know better than to ask that question. :D

Had Corran just covered up for his own idiotic stunt? After everything he had done to Corran?

See, everyone? Corran really is a nice guy. When he's not being a complete a-hole.

Corran looked as if he had just punched in the stomach. ?With all due respect, sir, I think you've gone a bit barvy mad."

It's all that time spent around Janson. :nods:

?Sorry about that,? Wedge said to the smuggler across the room. ?You know those CorSec types.?

Tee-hee!

?Precisely,? Cynedres replied. ?The humans still on world felt empowered to take over the planetary government. A coup was staged, and the humans gained control of the government and economic functions. Their first order of action was to inflict revenge. They rounded up non-humans and forced them into the Refugee sectors, where they once suffered. Those who refused were killed.?

Sounds like a certain situation in Germany in the 1920s and 30s. There's a reason that Lucas paralleled the Empire to Nazi Germany, folks.

Wes? shoulders slumped in defeat. ?There?s no way to beat a woman. They?re worse than the Dark Side of the Force.?

?Yes, we are,? Inyri replied warmly.

Yes, we are. :D

?Yub Yub, Major,? Inyri said with a grin.

Hahahaha.

I wonder if Wes says that in...oh, never mind, I'm not going to finish that sentence. :facepalm:

In bold letters, the journal was labeled as the property of one Derik Zorvan.

Eeeeenteresting....

7. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    DMC - Developing Ace as a character was a fun little exercise. So little is known about him that it's almost like writing an original character. Next chapter has a bit more about him.

Hazel - That ought to satisfy Corran's need to go investigating things :D

Nanci

Wedge, you've been Commander of Rogue Squadron long enough to know better than to ask that question.

You would think he would have learned not to ask questions. If he doesn't know the answers, his sanity is a good deal safer :p

See, everyone? Corran really is a nice guy. When he's not being a complete a-hole.

He has his moments. I like to think Mirax pounded them into him :D

I wonder if Wes says that in...oh, never mind, I'm not going to finish that sentence. :facepalm:

You know he did!

Eeeeenteresting....

More answers will be revealed before long! Act II is 21 chapters total, so we're nearing the Big Twist.

Thanks for reading all!

8. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Chapter Fourteen - Drive

?I simply find it amusing,? the holo image of Luke Skywalker said, ?that you?re the one risking mission integrity by opening up communications.?

"Duly noted," Corran said, shaking his head. ?I've done a bit of preliminary analysis on the holocrons. They belong to the kid's father."

The image of Luke Skywalker nodded in understandin., ?This confirms your assumptions about Mr. Zorvan then.?

?Not a direct confirmation, but I think there's a pretty compelling case to be made. This is why I tried to lobby Wedge into keeping him back home. He?s so quick to anger, and in a place like this, we could lose him before we have a chance to even talk to him. What in the wide open 'verse are we supposed to do now?"

?Put yourself in his position,? Luke said. ?Would you want to know the truth about what happened to your father??

?I really don?t see why-?

?His situation is a lot different than yours was, Corran,? Luke replied. ?You know exactly what happened to your father, you were there when he died. All Darvix has been told are lies and deceptions. Don?t you think you owe it to him to give him the truth??

Corran sighed in resignation. Once again, Skywalker was right. If he were Darvix, he would want to know about this information, and he would want to know about it right there and then. Still, was it the wisest idea to divulge this information in the middle of a military operation? The kid was already distracted enough. Still there were greater risks. It would be better to hear this information coming from a fellow Rogue than to have it come from someone else.

?I get the holoimage,? Corran said. ?I tell him, and I?m assuming you?d want me to tell him sooner rather than later-?

?Now you?re catching on,? Luke said with a smile.

?But what do we do with him after that??

Luke looked thoughtful for a moment, before raising up his eyes once more. ?You apprentice him. You?re right, Corran. He?s in extreme danger of falling away from us based on where he is now. You are the only person who can keep him on the straight and narrow right now, whether he likes it or not. He needs a crash course to keep him from doing something rash."

Corran could only stare at the image of Luke for a moment. Was he crazy? Suggesting that he teach Darvix the truth was mad. The vocal young man was always critical of Corran and the Jedi in general. How would it sound, coming from him? By the way, Darvix. Your father was actually a Jedi, and you might be too. Surprise!

?Trust in the Force,? Luke admonished. ?Keep your pathways open and you?ll be able to bring Darvix around.?

Corran nodded. ?I?ll send you a detailed report once I?m out of here. Tell Mara I said hi.?

?Trying to imply something, Horn?? Luke asked, an eyebrow arched.

With a grin, Corran shook his head. ?Of course not. Horn out.?

??And so, I formally request permission to go through with this hare-brained, idiotic, but nevertheless, completely vital solo mission,? Corran said, standing tall in front of Wedge Antilles.

?Of all the people,? Wedge replied. ?It?s you. Honestly, I can see Myn, Gavin, or even Inyri wanting to do something like this, but you? Have you been hanging around Wes too long? Do I need to get you bumped up on the rotation leave cycles?"

?Can I go after him or not?? Corran asked bluntly.

Wedge sighed once more. Only a few days into this death trap of a mission, and Wedge was sure he?d need a psych evaluation by the time he got home. Well, him and the rest of his squadron. Corran had just asked for permission to go after Darvix, citing his mental stability issues, but Wedge knew Corran was holding details back from him. It didn't take a Force sensitive to see when Corran was lying.

?I?ll consider it,? Wedge said, ?if you tell me why the hell you?re really going after him.?

Corran rubbed the back of his neck. ?Would you prefer the awkward, meandering version or bluntly honest version??

?Bluntly honest, if you would."

?Very well,? Corran said, taking a deep breath. ?Darvix is a Force

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Flying Ewok group? [face_laugh] Nice!

Cool development - Dap took the news better than I'd expect him to.

10. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Aw crap, I just realized I posted the wrong chapter! Post edited with the right chapter. 15 will go up tomorrow.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great post showing Darvix past

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Nothing ever satisfies Corran's need to investigate. :D :p

With a grin, Corran shook his head. ?Of course not. Horn out.?

Cue Luke turning red. [face_blush] [face_laugh]

Great update!

13. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, I got to read two chapters today, so thanks for your goof up, Lane! :p

I liked Ace's take on Endor. For some reason, I never got to that level in XWA, but I don't remember why. Still, cool to see it referenced.

And lol @ Death Star II being history already! :p

Solid update, with good pretty good characters. Thanks, Lane!

14. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    ?His situation is a lot different than yours was, Corran,? Luke replied. ?You know exactly what happened to your father, you were there when he died. All Darvix has been told are lies and deceptions. Don?t you think you owe it to him to give him the truth??

Heh. Luke might have a bit of experience in this matter. :p

By the way, Darvix. Your father was actually a Jedi, and you might be too. Surprise!

I dunno, if someone told me I was a Jedi, I'd act much like Harry Potter in Sorcerer's Stone!

Corran nodded. ?I?ll send you a detailed report once I?m out of here. Tell Mara I said hi.?

With a grin, Corran shook his head. ?Of course not. Horn out."

[face_laugh] Corran Horn: Gossip Queen (TM: LaneWinree).

(BTW, in case I missed it, when does this fic take place?)

Wedge raised a brow. "I think I can make the logical jump from here. Luke has suggested going after him, then??

Of COURSE he did, Wedge. C'mon, how long have you known Skywalker? :D

Corran looked back at Wedge. ?Don?t get yourself killed. I don?t want to deal with the wrath of Mirax.?

?I wouldn?t wish that on anyone, General.?

Heh, and Mirax wouldn't hesitate to wound him, either!

I?m just glad I was in the capable hands of General Calrissian.

Mara wasn't. HEYOOOO!!!!

Wedge was at point, so he was flying blind and relaying flight telemetry back to us so we wouldn't fly straight into a wall or a conduit. Somehow he managed to lead us in there without any kind of forward data

Of course he did. He's freaking Wedge Antilles.

The General only barely managed to coax enough speed out of the Falcon to get us out of the blast radius of the Death Star.?

I must pause this regularly scheduled fic to yell "YEE-HAW!!!!"

15. LadyReva

LadyReva Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2011

Or that. :p He's complaining about Dap... and he's the one usually jumping in so far that he needs his wife to safe him. [face_thinking] How typically Corellian.

Love the chapter. Ace seems like a really down to earth guy. And I wonder if Dap is going to take his advice, and figure just what the hell he's fighting for. Or will Corran force knock it into him? o_O

16. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    earlybird Thank you!

DMC Ace really was fun to flesh out as a side project in this fic. Glad you enjoyed :)

Hazel - Corran's gotta get his digs in at Luke and Mara's complicated relationship :D

LadyReva - Now where would Corran be without Mirax? Probably up to his eyeballs in a sarlacc pit ^_^

Nanci

I dunno, if someone told me I was a Jedi, I'd act much like Harry Potter in Sorcerer's Stone!

I know I'd be asking for my own lightsaber in a hurry!

Corran Horn: Gossip Queen (TM: LaneWinree).

It's true! He's a gossip queen!

BTW, in case I missed it, when does this fic take place?

It's never explicitly stated, but this fic takes place over a three year stretch from 15-18 ABY. Starts two years after Starfighters of Adumar.

Of COURSE he did, Wedge. C'mon, how long have you known Skywalker?

Long enough to know that Luke is fully capable of his own crazy shenanigans :D

Mara wasn't. HEYOOOO!!!!

HEAR THAT KJA!?

Of course he did. He's freaking Wedge Antilles.

And not only was he flying blind, he was the calmest guy in the fight! I love watching the Endor space battle to see just how cool and collected he was.

Thanks for reading all! Next chapter below.

17. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Chapter Fifteen
    Revelation

?Any response back from Gamma Detachment yet?" Ace asked, glancing over Inyri?s shoulder to read the data displayed in her terminal.

?Negative,? Inyri replied.

Before Ace and his small group of Rogues left Nar Shadaa?s upper levels, they had formally split in to two teams. Ace, along with Inyri, Wes, Darvix, and the Corellian smuggler Trrax Cynedres, were designated Flying Ewok group, much to Ace?s chagrin. The Rogues who had been left behind at the initial safehouse were designated as group Gamma. They would remain separated until word arrived with the other Rogues that a designated meeting place had been established. That message had been sent a few hours earlier, but there was a slight problem.

?How long do you estimate it will take for them to fully decode the message??

Inyri could only offer a shrug. ?Through some idiotic oversight on the part of New Republic Intelligence, the only slicer available to the Rogues is here with us. Without Dap, it could take Gamma Group another forty-eight standard hours before it?s fully decrypted. Provided that they don?t take beaks to use the ?fresher and they forsake sleep."

Ace blinked and feigned mock confusion. ?Sleep? I don?t believe I?m familiar with your terminology, Lieutenant.?

?It?s like drinking yourself to unconsciousness,? Inyri said. ?But when you finally come to, you feel better than when you blacked out.

?I shall have to try this at some point.?

?I strongly recommend it,? Inyri replied.

Darvix raised his vibrosword, centering the hilt on his chest. Blade dueling had been an art he had been forced to pick up. At Starfighter Academy he had failed his hand blaster exams simply because he couldn?t see well enough to hit any of the targets. In an effort to try and get a passing grade in some sort of a ground-combat course, an instructor had recommended he take up the vibrosword. A few lessons later and he had taken quite a liking to it.

He slashed across his body, the blade making a soft whooshing sound as it sliced through the air. Darvix took pride in his ability to control the vibrosword. To him, it was a dying art, and he knew he was one of only a small handful of individuals in the military that still practiced it. He took one hand off the blade, holding his arm behind his body for balance as he held the blade forward. Quick hands, quick feet, and strong balance, he told himself. All the skills a blade artist must possess.

Growing up, Darvix knew he wasn?t the strongest, and definitely knew he wasn?t the tallest. He was never discouraged, choosing instead to hone the skills available to him. Speed was his game.

The technique he used as he dueled displayed that. His movements were brief and crisp. The attacks were fast and came in flurries. If he couldn?t overpower his opponents with brute strength, he would swamp them with his speed. After each quick slash, he would move his feet into a new location, keeping his imaginary foe guessing as to where he would be next. Darvix had learned how to randomize his movements long ago. Every attack was initiated with his right hand and arm. As he slashed at air, his left hand would remain behind him to keep his balance. Strength was sacrificed, but he gained much in the way of speed and agility with this method.

After a long while, he sheathed the blade and glanced at his wrist chronometer. Darvix was mildly surprised to see he had been practicing for nearly an hour. He couldn?t remember the last time he had spent this long with his vibrosword. While at the Academy, he had retreated to the exercising chambers to duel in an effort to blow off steam. Towards the end of his tenure there, he had trouble finding other cadets who had put as much effort into blade training as he had. He would have to make it a point to talk to Cheriss in the near future, for he knew she would make a formidable opponent.

Of course, he'd have to remind himself to not hold back. Chances were good that she would trounce the floor with him.

?You?ve got a slight hitch i

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wes is Ewok Leader, right? :D

Really enjoyed Corran's talk with Darvix.

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    It's never explicitly stated, but this fic takes place over a three year stretch from 15-18 ABY. Starts two years after Starfighters of Adumar.

Ah, okay. (Yes, I'm a nerd and was trying to figure out where this took place in the L/M chronology, heh.)

Trrax Cynedres

Is this a canon character or an OC? If it's an OC, how in the galaxy did you come up with that name? :D

Flying Ewok group

Bwahahahaha

Of course, he'd have to remind himself to not hold back. Chances were good that she would trounce the floor with him.

Yes, she would. Not that he would mind that at all. All the men in the GFFA like getting their butts kicked. :D

?This?this can?t be true,? Darvix said softly, his voice shaky.

Corran shook his head once more. ?You know it is.?

:deep breathing: "No! I am your father." :deep breathing:

:head shaking, bunny face: "No...that's not true...that's impossible!" :more bunny face:

:deep breathing: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true!" :deep breathing:

:face crinkling, more bunny face: "Noooooooooo! Nooooooooooooo!!!"

...sorry. I had to.

?Darvix,? Corran said quietly, ?you?re a Force-sensitive. Just like your father before you.?

"So be it...Jedi."

?You know you are,? Corran said, ?Haven?t you seen a lot of things happen to you, around you? Things you couldn?t explain? Things you?ve chalked up as dumb luck??

Things like siccing a boa constrictor on your annoying cousin?

20. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Let's try this again...

Flying Ewok group? [face_laugh] Nice!

Cool development - Dap took the news relatively better than I'd expect him to.

21. LadyReva

LadyReva Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2011
    ?You learn the ways of the Force,? Corran said.

He makes is sound sooooo easy :rolleyes: I mean... it's just like baking a cake. You add a bit of flour, a bit of sugar, some eggs, a cup of milk, and don't forget that baking soda... and voilà, there's your control of the Force. :p

So... when does it go all Sith? :D

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see Corran and Darvix together. He will become a Jedi like Corran[face_thinking]

23. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Hazel - Well of course Wes is Ewok One :D

LadyReva - It's Corran. He always is making things sound easy :p

DMC - I think some people need time to process things before a total meltdown occurs. We'll see what Dap does later!

Nanci

Is this a canon character or an OC? If it's an OC, how in the galaxy did you come up with that name?

This is another original character. I think a friend of mine actually came up with the name for him

...sorry. I had to.

Thankfully, I left out the Big No this time :p

Things like siccing a boa constrictor on your annoying cousin?

Poor Dap, living in a cupboard under the stairs!

earlybird - Perhaps, it's still early yet :D

Thanks for reading all. New chapter below.

24. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Chapter Sixteen
    Center

Lieutenant Eron Garn?s subspace radio hissed to life, waking him from that blissful state of near-sleep that he had almost fallen into. Shaking his head, he activated his communication panel quickly and returned his hand to his starfighter's flightstick.

?Green Two, Green Two, report in,? came the voice of his squadron commander.

?Still functioning at nominal levels,? Garn replied. He checked over his critical readouts quickly, ?Two green lights, all engines at full strength.?

?Acknowledged, two. Keep your eyes peeled on your sensor screens. Intelligence has been getting some strange reports from civilian ships in this sector.?

Garn shook his head. ?Those strange reports were probably from faked by Errant Venture. Five credits says Old Man Terrik just trying to annoy the higher-ups again.?

?Not a risk we can afford to take, two.?

Garn let out a frustrated sigh and leaned back into the pilot?s seat of his A-Wing starfighter. All that was out here in the vacuum of space was a half-dozen A-Wings, a Mon Cal cruiser, and space debris. Lots, and lots, of space debris. Starfighter Command had been on edge for the last few months, resulting in meaningless patrol missions that were simply a waste of fuel. He had to cancel out on a date with the new nurse in Sickbay because of this mission.

?Leader, this is three,? said a new voice over Garn?s communicator. ?I?m picking up some strange visual readings at vector Alpha-three-two.?

Green Three was a Sullustan in the squadron and he had one of the keenest eyes in the squadron. Adjusting his course, Garn brought up the vector that Three had found the anomalies in. He squinted as he glanced through the forward viewport. At first, Garn didn?t see anything amiss, just an empty starfield that was no different than any other empty starfield.

He squinted, tilting his head to the side as a small batch of stars vanished a ways ahead. As he looked on with more care, he could see stars occasionally blinking out of existence, then moments later, coming back in to his view.

?Three, this is two,? Garn said. ?I see it, something?s out there. Anyone have a sensor feed on-?

Before Lieutenant Garn could finish his thought, green laser fire emerged from nowhere. He tried to evade the fire, but a well placed bolt pierced Garn?s transparisteel cockpit bubble, vaporizing him instantly and sending his A-Wing spinning into his wingman.

?Sensor data coming in from Phantom Squadron,? said a terminal officer below Captain Naolin.

?On screen,? Naolin said.

The direct forward feed from Phantom One appeared on the bridge holoprojecor. Out of the TIE?s viewport, Naolin saw a Mon Calamari cruiser. If Intelligence data was right, the cruiser was the Pride of Ackbar. Despite the name, Naolin knew the infamous Mon Cal admiral wasn?t on board. Home One was his flagship, and that would be a target to handle at a later date.

?Phantom One, report status,? Naolin said.

The garbled pilot?s voice came in over the communications unit. ?Fighter screen destroyed, Phantom Squadron preparing to engage the capitol ship.?

?Acknowledged, One,? Naolin said. "You may commence your attack when ready."

He glanced at the feed from Phantom One?s TIE. ?One more thing. Bring your squadron back in one piece, Fel. I?d hate to have to tell Moff Celia you cost him a large sum of credits.?

?Understood, Ender,? the pilot replied. ?Fel out.?

Naolin watched as the Phantom TIEs took on the defenseless Mon Calamari cruiser. The invisible fighters proved to be far too much for the Pride of Ackbar. One of the Phantoms went in for another pass, firing into the hull of the cruiser. He glanced at the real-time sensor reports and saw that several of the fighters had launched their warhead payloads, heavy proton bombs capable of inflicting incredible damage. As he looked back to the visual feed, he saw a massive explosion rock the underside of the carrier craft as a bomb struck its hull. Naolin assumed the fighter had hit the fuel cells, for fire and

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Those Phantoms are spooky. [face_skull]

?Understood, Ender,? the pilot replied. ?Fel out.?
    Fel!? :eek:

Cracken?s actions weren?t the most honorable thing to do.

In other words Cracken is a kriffing idiot. :p

Corran shook his head. ?Visual feedback can be deceiving. Stretch out with the Force and let it guide your movements. Don?t let your physical disabilities limit your potential, let the Force compensate and further increase the strengths you already have.?

Oh, Corran! Luke would be so proud. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.