main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-wing Round Robin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WraithRR

WraithRR Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2004
    BY THE ORDER OF THE PIRATE RUNT
    Oops, we mean, by the order of the Sarcasticly, annoying authors who wish to torture the readers around here:

In order to torture you more, the Wraiths now declare that all people in this thread must speak in third person.

Signed,
    The Wraiths

-
    Hehe, I'm rather bored, or could you all not tell. Alright, if Jade doesn't post her thing here for confirmation, I'll change my number and post mine cuz the thread's kinda empty.
    :T:
    -

2. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh and I made up a seal with all of our names on it, to bad I don't have a site to host it. :(

3. SharpesRifles

SharpesRifles Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2004
    Let me try to take a shot at this and inject some flavour into my favourite wraith Kell and his relationship with Tyria. I'll post one tommorrow and lets watch the passion burn.

4. Bobbacca

Bobbacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2003
    Just had a plot bunny for a few short scenes to set up the mission. I'll write it soon I hope, whenever I have time to, but if it takes a while, it doesn't seem like that would be a problem at this rate. :p

btw, does anyone think we should just scratch my idea of discussing major spoiler plot points over PM with the WraithRR account? Because I've been forgetting to check it myself and was thinking maybe we just stick to this thread and if anyone wants to be spoiled, so be it.

5. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    And Im waiting for pple's opinion for if my idea will be used or not.

I need to know how y'all want it to fit in.

6. JadeDjo

JadeDjo Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    Jade is sorry she had not been around more and would tell Janson that his idea is ok but that Jade is only marginally interested in the back from the dead plot lines. That being said however, Jade does not see an alternative to Tahiri's being a part of the squadron. So it works for Jade.

JadeDjo would also formally like to introduce her segment for 24 hour review be for posting it in the story thread. Please feel free to make any changes you want.

Face stared up at the ceiling. He had his legs up on his desk and head resting on the back of his chair. Beside him, Kell also stared at the ceiling.

?So,? Kell asked. ?Why are we staring at the ceiling??

?I?m staring at the ceiling because the ceiling is more interesting then that last candidate. Why are you staring at the ceiling?? Face drawled.

?I?m staring at the ceiling wondering how much explosives would bring it down,? Kell simply said.

?Figures. So who are we on now??

?Lieutenant Delvaniewanna??

?I meant what number.?

?Oh, ah eighteen.?

?What! That?s it?!? exclaimed Face. ?We?ve been at this for hours!?

?It?s only been an hour,? Kell said.

?I know,? Face said with a smile. ?I was using dramatic license.?

Kell just rolled his eyes and called in the next recruit.

In shuffled the shortest Wookiee either Kell or Face had ever seen. Considering that she still dwarfed both men by a good foot wasn?t saying much, but she was definitely a full 2 to 3 feet shorter then any other wookiee they?d met. She also had the most unusual coloring. She was all one color, a beautiful cream, except for her paws. They were a russet which made her look like she had gloves on. The thing they noticed next was she would not meet their eyes. Wookiees were a proud and aggressive race. If you got in there way, sometimes all they needed to do was stare you down. This didn?t seem to be the case with Delvaniewanna.

?So, Lt. Delvanwanewan?.,? Face started to say.

*Just Lt. Del, if you don?t mind Colonel,* a mechanical voice interrupted.

?Did you say that Kell?? Face turned to ask the Major.

?I wasn?t me,? he responded.

*It was me,* the voice said again.

Both men turned to look at the Wookiee. ?It was you?? they both said.

*Yes sirs,* she responded not meeting their eyes.

Wanting more clarification Face asked, ?But I don?t see a droid and I thought Wookiees had a hard time pronouncing basic??

*This is true and it is not true. I have adapted the speech and translation components from a protocol droid and have removed the artificial intelligence. This allows for instantaneous translation.*

?Well that?s helpful,? Kell said.

*Yes sir.*

?Well then Del,? Face said moving on. ?Why do you want to be a Wraith??

*For Honor Colonel,* She simply said.

?Oookaay, what else??

*What else is there?*

?You got me there.? Face conceded. ?Next question. What experience do you have flying??

*After leaving my homeworld I was a mechanic on a freighter. When the war broke out and the copilot made his journey I filled in until another could be located. One was not and I remained in the position until the ship was attacked and the captain made his journey. I took over as captain until another could be located.*

?Wait, let me guess the next part,? Kell interrupted. ? ?One was not? right??

*Correct Major.*

?So how long did you command the ship?? Face continued.

*Two months. We were ambushed by the Peace Brigade and the ship was damaged beyond repair.*

?What about fighter experience??

*Yes sir, I was with a B-wing squadron for one year.*

?But Del, your records show you were the squad?s mechanic.?

*I only flew one mission.*

?Right?., moving on. Why did you get kicked out of the Academy on Kashyyyk??

*I was caught cheating.*

?Were you cheating??

*I was sir and I was not sir.*

?Uh, huh. I thought Honor was everything to a Wookiee.?

*Yes Colonel.*

?And???? When she didn?t elaborate, he went on. ?Okay. Your simulation scores have been pretty good, so why d

7. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Heh, I like.

And Dev, get on AIM, I can host that pic for ya.

8. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Alright, I'm going on vacation to the Islands of sun and sand and relaxation on Monday, (aka Hawaii) and I won't be back until the 22 and I highly doubt that I'll have nay internet access during that time, so here's my post now, and you guys can post it when you feel we need another post. I'll also post the failed canidate one for you as well.

~

?So who?s up next than Kell?? Face asked with a sigh.

?Would you believe me if I told you??

?Kell!?

?Okay, fine then, spoil my fun,? Kell grumbled as he looked down to consult his datapad. ?Next up is one Kassia Ettyk, seventeen year old human female from Ord Mantell. She?s got a record of being insubordinate, outspoken, and fighting. Hey, doesn?t that sound familiar??

?Oh shut up you, and it wasn?t me who got into fights, that was your lovely wife.?

?That doesn?t count, your Majorness.?

Face rolled his eyes and made an attempt to get back on topic. ?So what are you thinking??

Kell grinned wickedly. ?I?m thinking good, very good.?

Face frowned slightly at him. ?Should I be worried right about now Explosion Boy??

?No, not at all,? Kell said in a mock innocent tone, that fooled no one. ?Want me to call her in??

Face nodded and the big man brought out his comlink again and talked into it briefly before putting it back down again. A few moments later, an average height female walked in briskly, her walk the sure, cocky, and confident gate of one who?s been a smuggler. As she sat down, she flipped her black ponytail over her shoulder and tucked the one bright, neon red strand behind her ear before crossing her arms in front of her chest.

?Ettyk, this says that you?ve been put on probation several times for severe insubordination and fighting,? Face started once she was seated.

?You forgot setting off a low-power grenade and scaring the crap out of my roommate,? Kassia said, tone a bit flippant.

Behind him, Face heard Kell snort with amusement at her remark. Well, that was probably why Kell had said that he liked her; she was a semi-expert on demolitions. ?Don?t get any ideas Kell,? he said out of the side of his mouth before turning back to the woman in front of them. ?Can you tell me why you got those warnings Flight Officer??

She nodded and put up a hand, ticking off each thing as she said it. ?The insubordination was for one reason, I don?t follow orders that I don?t like and that I think are ridiculous; like flying into a sim where it?s the Maw and you don?t have any maps. The one for being outspoken was probably for my sarcasm. Apparently Captain Ghend didn?t appreciate getting a daily dose of sarcasm. The fighting was because some decided to insult my style of flying even though I had more kills than him. ?

?What about the grenade?? Kell asked curiously.

Kassia grinned and her gray eyes got a far away look, apparently remembering a fond memory. ?Things were too quiet around base so I decided to liven them up a bit.?

?I?m definitely going to like this girl,? Kell said, grinning broadly.

Face shot another look at him before turning back to the younger pilot. ?Alright, then looking at your simulator and combat records, you seem to have significantly better scores in situations such as asteroid fields and simulations where you have a more crowded space to fly in and while your scores are still decent, they aren?t nearly as good in open space. There a reason why??

?You don?t grow up a smugglers? brat and learn nothing about flying in tight spaces,? Kassia replied dryly.

Inwardly, Face grinned. He hadn?t lost his touch yet. Her walk had just screamed smuggler and lo and behold, she was raised a smuggler. Before he could make some form of reply, she spoke again.

?So are we all screw ups? I heard from some sources that most people who get into this squadron are.?

?We like to follow some traditions and if they aren?t already screw ups, we make them honorary screw ups,? Face replied smoothly. ?So, do you think that you?d be able to work with your flying style in open space and improve it

9. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm thinking that my quitting may not be a quittal. And damn you're lucky! I only get to go up North to the land of annoying accents and big mountains. And as I said, I think I'll be joining back up. Yup, I will.

10. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    I've gotta drop this, not enough time and such.

11. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Yay! Dev's back!

And sicne it's been far over 24 hours, i'll go post my first post.

Aloha!

:Targeter:

12. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    *is joyous that Janson dropped it* oh will the joyous occasions never sease? I hope not. :p

13. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Hello? Is anyone still here? *looks around the empty room*

ANyways, let's see here. If you hadn't given me a call sign for your character, could you get one to me please? *puppy dog eyes*
    Secondly, Dev and I were talking and we kinda thought that we should add something to the title, make it more than just what it currently is. So, could you vote on what title you like the best, and if you don't like any of 'em or whatever and ahve a suggestion, please share. :)

Wraith Squadron V. 2.5 Pirates to yall!
    Wraith Squadron V 2.5 Take us to your leader...
    Wraith Squadron V 2.5 Ha-ha
    Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: Face's Nightmare
    Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: We're Baaack
    Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: The Ewok Strikes Back
    Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: We're all going to die
    Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: Sanity Emeritus

(please note, the first 5 were Dev's ideas and I'm not sure how sane he is right now ^_^) ANyways, tell me what you like the best, or your ideas.

14. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    I like

Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: We're all going to die

:)

15. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: Sanity Emeritus

It works even if it is one of Gaby's. *glares*

16. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Awwww, is Steven afraid to admit that I am the superior wit and intellect any other way and just using this to show it? :p

17. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    No, I'm just choosing to be the better person in this case. And was distracted by Bill O'Reilly and Michael Moore arguing over whether Bush lied or not. Which was extremely funny. And you're only superior to me in things that I can not do, like hula dance, or anything that you have to be a female to do, and probably in acting.

18. Bobbacca

Bobbacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2003
    I like either of the last two.

If anyone's wondering where I've been, my comp had suddenly picked up a bunch of addware and spyware that was messing it up, so I just haven't been online much lately. Anyhow, I'll try to be here as much as I can during the next 2 months, but I'm shipping out for boot camp on Sept. 21, so i won't be online at all during that time. But then I'll have a laptop during my advanced training, and then I'll be back hopefully permanently (I'm going to be working with communications equipment).

19. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Sweet, what branch? And remember, you can always go farther than you think you can.

20. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Right, so then,

Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: We're all going to die- 2
    Wraith Squadron: V 2.5: Sanity Emeritus- 2

Now just to wait for hte others....

Oh yeah, Kettch, have you gotten anything else written on the gift giving stuff?

21. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Up, we need the other authors to vote!

22. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    What Dev just said and could the others please take a look at the second post that I posted above so I can post it soonishy.

23. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Everything's looking good, I forgot about this thread for a bit because of vacation and stuff! ;)

I like "We're all going to die..." heh heh heh

24. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Stang! But alright, I think that's as many as we're going to get.

25. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Uh-oh, this is bad... Because I just realized that I never voted for me the last time when I tallied up the votes... *curses*
    We're all going to die: 3
    Sanity Emeritus: 3

*curses again*

EDIT: i can"t spell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.