main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    @Vehn Yeah, the joint post you guys did was really great, I enjoyed it.

I'll be honest, I'm still struggling to keep up with all of these threads, and names and whatnot. It's a lot of fun, but so many names and backstories...

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, it's quite an ensemble show, and I'm glad I was there at the beginning. Playing catch up with this 3 ring circus must be a challenge. Have you looked that the Shearing Shed thread, @zark? I consulted that almost daily when we were getting started, just trying to keep track of who's who.

@Bardan_Jusik , does Flagg have tattoos?

[​IMG]

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I use the Shearing Shed all the time, it's the only way I can keep things straight, even then i mess them up sometimes. Don't think Flagg has any tattoos @Sarge though I am sure his numerous surgeries and cybernetic implants have left him with plenty of scars.

4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I visited the shearing shed several times, but I find it almost as confusing... Especially since I think some of the characters are dead?

I think it'll get easier for me once I've had a chance to interact with more characters. Reading other characters sometimes helps, but writing with them definitely does.

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    You're doing great in my mind zarks. I have an excel chart to keep track of characters (one or two word descriptions to remind me who is who). I haven't been keeping a notes document going and I think I'm going to have to, to keep track of what Zara has said/done/knows about other characters, given how long and in depth this is going :p

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    ^ Is nuts

I used the Shearing Shed and the 'Cast list' to sort out who is who! Have it as a sticky note on my computer screen! ;) You're doing Awesome @zark so don't sweat it.

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Good gracious Becca. That's some serious note taking.

Thanks Becca and Addie, most of my recent posts have been solo so that's easy at least. though I'm looking forward to more interaction.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Mitth_Fisto and Adalia-Durron like this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm looking forward to getting back into the cockpit with a sassy droid!!! :D

9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    I also regulary look up the Shearing Shed to keep track of the various characters, their appaereances and backstories and so on. Same with other RPGs I've played.

10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Yup, the Shed is definitely a go-to resource. Actually, I wonder if at least the first post, the "cast list" could be updated? Maybe move The Fallen to the bottom and put in the new folks? Is it too late to edit it? I also keep a record of all my old posts in Word, since I compose there. There are a fair few folks that Max hasn't much interacted with (Adalia, Lou, to name but 2).

If you are keen for new faces, @zark, we can have Belgium bump into Digger, Max's astromech, who is wandering around the wedding and has been temporarily repainted to match Belgium's color scheme. Maybe the two of them can do some crazy "who's on first" thing to confuse the Imps when the poodoo hits the debris extractor? :D

I really don't know what else to do at this point.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    ^ This is a good idea!! This could be a riot!!!

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Nope I can do an edit of it when I get a few moments. Like the idea of moving the fallen folks to the end of the "credits". Besides I really shouldn't be listing Taab as a special guest star anymore. He was just that for the "pilot" episode. :p

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Isn't he a Sheep now...........who offered him more Money?? o_O

The Real Kyp Durron likes this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I initially added him as a "special guest star" because for most of the first mission (Hoth), he was on his own, on the Imperial's side and Atin (his son) was still alive. I wanted it to seem to y'all that Atin would be a recurring character and that Taab would be the one off.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, you pulled the old switcheroo. When it was all over, I SMHed and thought "I shoulda seen that coming."

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I assumed from the start he was staying.....

Sent from my data pad in my private quarters.

The Real Kyp Durron likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well duh...Amber has the force, of course you had a sense he was staying. :p

zark and The Real Kyp Durron like this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, but I don't :p

The Real Kyp Durron and zark like this.
  19. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Then how do you explain such a remarkable intuition?

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I was under the impression that Taab the Elder would be a recurring villain.

And now that I think about it, I still think so. :boba:

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He can turn an a dime, or for a dime.........which is more to the point. ;) Once his thirst for revenge against the Empire who killed his son, he will move on to the next profitable arrangement......currently this one is earning him diddly squat!!!

Too many years with you and the crew mate...... ;)

Found this.........

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  22. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I think Max is with you on that one! :p

Pic is a nice depiction of SW Fandom, @Adalia-Durron!
    EDIT: Just found this... recording of the end of WWI. Very moving. Imperial War Museum has AMAZING stuff!
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-war-stopped-dead.html#v-9061260928198200974

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    MUST READ!!!

Angels in the Sky: How a Band of Volunteer Airmen Saved the New State of Israel

True story, written by an experienced USN carrier pilot, of the birth of the Israeli Air Force in the late 40's. There are fighter pilots, smugglers, idealists, con men, spies, entrepeneurs, mercenaries, statesmen, crusaders, mechanics, soldiers, and honest-to-God heroes. They used equipment that belonged in museums, not air combat, and worked like dogs for everything they could beg, buy, or steal. Their history is jam-packed with aerial combat and adventure. And they made our Black Sheep look like a by-the-book spit-and-polish unit. Seriously, they do.

24. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The IAF and its ground companion the IDF really did accomplish a great many things with the equipment they gathered together in those early days leading up to the formation of the state of Israel. Incredible stuff considering they were out gunned, out numbered, and arguably out led by their adversaries. I went to a tank museum in the French countryside once while on vacation and loved the Merkava they had on display. Pretty great technology all born out of the wars that formed Israel. Engine in the front to protect the crew and that low, hulking profile, pretty cool.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003