main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Don't worry, it is all according to plan… right?

2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Since this is page 747 and in honor of all the plane enthusiasts here I just felt compelled to post a picture of this bad boy.

[​IMG]

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Plane enthusiasts? Here?! Absurd!

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    "That's a big Twinkie."

I think the first plane I ever flew in was a 747. Pan Am (boy, am I dating myself!), and my parents were taking the family to London. Back in the good old days, when kids could visit the cockpit. And they gave you little plastic wing badges. And the food was on china, even in Economy class. Sigh.

5. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    And I've taken two commercial flights ever. Highlight was on one of them the lady gave me two bags of pretzels instead of one.

6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    My favorite airline experience was on Air France flying from France to Greece and we were going over the Alps in daylight and someone on the plane asked the flight attendant where we were. You know, just wanting information.

The flight attendant gave this goofy grin and replied, "We're on a plane."

The questions stopped coming after that.

[face_laugh]

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I haven't flown commercial in at least a decade. Compared to flying the plane yourself, sitting in the middle seat of row 39 just sux.

8. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I've gotten to take a couple of private flights when we shot video for a client who owned a plane, and even sitting in the back seat of a little 3 seater prop plane beats the heck out of a commercial flight. I imagine it's way cooler flying.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    My parents and me once nearly got stuck at the Endinbourg airport. We were on our way home from a vacation and our flight was pushed back in the shelude and given a different code or something along those lines. And with my parents barely speaking, understanding english I had to basically find out/organize our situation with my high school english, because a later flight would have meant us not getting the connecting flight in Amsterdam. Still don´t really know how I managed that with my, at the time, broken english but I thankfully did.

10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Awesome success story @Anedon!! That sounds so difficult. English has got to be one of the more ridiculous languages to learn....in my mind at least.

11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Throw in trying to understand it when spoken with a Scottish accent...hard for me and I'm a native English speaker! Woots all around for you, @Anedon! (And happy belated birthday!)

12. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @Mistress_Renata

On languadges to me english sometimes feels quite a bit easier compared to my native german at least in therms of gramar, which is much more complictaed in german.

13. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I don't know much about german, but I find it neat how they can make an entire sentence into a single massive "word".

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    upload_2018-12-15_19-22-34.png

Anyone need a drink?

Are we still awaiting a droid distraction? Just wanting to know if we need to move another way or not?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    The Real Kyp Durron likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  16. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Zark & I are still working on it.

I guess I'll have to learn to like beer. :p
    Just keep buying lottery tickets. Actually, all things considered, $200,000 seems relatively cheap! I'd have expected a cool million, at least!

17. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
  18. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Finally came around to start writing a post. Hope to finish it in the next few days as things have been hectic around here (which I guess is normal when the holidays are approaching).

19. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    We are working on a post as well, I believe this time of year is to blame for the slow down mode we all seem to be in.

Corellian_Outrider and Sarge like this.
  20. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I know. I've been shopping and baking and wrapping like a lunatic, and I hit the road on Friday. But @zark & I are almost wrapped up; hope to have it up tonight.

Oh, new documentary from Peter Jackson... They Shall Not Grow Old. World War I. Looks amazing. He got a lot of old film from IWM, cleaned it up, colorized it, and made it a documentary. Only showing on 2 days (WHY?!!) Missed the first screening, but got tix for the 2nd. (Available through FathomEvents in the States, though I had to go directly to the cinema website for some reason. But at least it will tell you where it's showing).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Sarge, zark and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have an ear infection and sitting up looking at my computer is not pleasant so I am in no real rush. I hope the drops work soon as I am ready to cut my head off............not sure how that will go down.......

22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Ear infections are so painful! Just relax, @Adalia-Durron & get better. [:D]

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Interestingly enough the doctor said 'How long has this been going on?' I said "Day before yesterday it was a bit sore, yesterday I thought Hmmm maybe?" She shook her head 'Its a really bad one and looks about a week old, do you have a high pain thresh hold?' Me: Snorts "Yeah, kinda do." but must be really bad now, as its throbbing.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  24. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    *shudders* I remember my ear infection and how painful that was. Get well soon.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    If I cut it off, and claim to be an artist in love, will that work? :p

The Real Kyp Durron, Vehn and Sarge like this.