main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Wings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lt_Jaina_Solo, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    I'm doing a scene in one of my stories where i describe an X-wing through the eyes of someone who had never seen it before...and who had only seen Imperial type ships- you know, TIEs, etc.

can you guys give me some help with it? pictures are great too!

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Hmm, if you want pics, there are some X-wings on the Lit banner.

3. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    [image=www.digital-digest.com/x-wing.jpg]

[image=www.jedimania.kit.net/images/blueprint/rebel/x_wing.jpg]

[image=www.kawachi.zaq.ne.jp/kurozuka/xwing/X-WING.html]

Hope those help.

~Inyri

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    You must mean you want physical descriptions, right? Long nose cone, two wings that fold out to attack formation and intersect to form an X, hence the name. Cockpit is located at the beginning of the nose cone, four engines in rear, R2 unit sits in back of the cockpit, just above the pilot, on the outside of the craft. I have a picture of the X-Wing on my site, and more coming soon. Hope this helps.

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    thanks for all your help everyone!!! that's great...the pictures didn't work unfortunately...can you fix the link?

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    anyone else?

UP!

7. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    My tips: try to look at it with the eyes of a hild, innocent, and never having seen this kind of thing before.

Try to fit this form (the X-Wing) into a list of shapes to which it might come closest.

Describe the differences, ans stress on them: The TIEs look like "Eyeballs" ;) with wings - from the Point of View of a rebel pilot (X-Wing Saga), therefore a similar description should exist within the Empire. Buffered Arrow ? Flying Goose ? Something that might include sarcasm, or/and respect, because the X-Wings have ONE feature every TIE lacks: Shields.

I think it was Michael Stackpole who once wrote that the most deadliest pilots of the galaxy are TIE pilots - simply the have NO shields and the struggle for survival is much harder for them.

Thus, the presence of shields might look in the eyes of a TIE pilot as "waekness" - a REAL pilot actually doesn't need shields (as TIEs don't have it).

Try to imagine how an X-Wing might look through the eyes of someone who is used to see something very different - and devlop words for that difference.

An example: Looking at something at a very high zoom rate might lead to a different point of viw: If you can *only* see this thing through a magnifying glass and present this highly zoomed picture to innocent people, they are unable to tell what this thing really is.

That's just examples.

8. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    WEll, I'll give it a go:

"It was an unfamiliar fighter, with a slender fuselage, angular one-seater cockpit, and the silver dome of an astromech visible behind. The most distinctive feature was the engine and wing arrangement. Four wings were mounted to the side of the fuselage behind the cockpit, the upper pair canted upwards and the lower pair downwards. Each of the four wings mounted a large engine at the base and an oversized cannon at the tip."

-Tim

9. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    thanks! to both of you...that really helped me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.