main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Xanatos Underground Lair: Discussion Thread -New topic 4/26!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by fallen_one, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I tend to side with Jade's second scenerio. She'd probably hire a team of lawyers and sue us. :p

2. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Yep, probably. The woman is too secure in her power to be threatened by us poor writers if we merely write to her. Maybe if we storm her place, tie her up, and insist that Xan has more personality then a cardboard box and does not have a brat for a son, do you think she would listen? ;)

3. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
  4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    OR:

We do all of what Neon said, except that we leave JW tied up, and we write a couple of JQ books under her name. You know, resurrecting Xan and all. :D I know there are legalities involved, but barring those... [face_thinking]

He'd have to be a little older know. Dunno about the rest of you, but I'd rather not write him with gray hairs. Then again, that topic is a joke in one of my favorite little non-PG stories. Heehee. ;) The Xan With Gray Hairs Challenge!

5. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    Actually, what had got me to read the books was a thread on here which mentioned his homeworld and father's name, both of which first appeared (I think) in the same passage in the second book. The planet Telos had appeared in the 1967 Doctor Who story "Tomb of the Cybermen" and its 1984 sequel, the latter of which revealed the world's native species, the Cryons. I wanted to see if there was any more to it.

Oh, and as a fan of Gargoyles, I'd recognized that similarity right away. :) [David Xanatos (voiced by ST:TNG's Jonathan Frakes) had one of the best introductory scenes of any Disney cartoon character, mostly because of one line.]

6. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Ohhh!! I know what other fic you are talking about Jade. That and it's sequel are my two favorite Xaniwan fics I think. [face_love] I like the thought of him having flecks of gray at the temples like my Eitan, but not a lot of gray.

So Drabbo, what is his line? I guess when the Gargoyles first came out I must not have been in the midst of my Xanman craze yet because the name didn't mean a thing. Interesting to know where she may have come up with the ideas for her characters though. thunk I'll stick to my babynamer. ;)

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Cartoon Gargoyles? That rocked! I used to watch that all the time when it first came out. hehehehe Then again I used to watch Transformers (older ones), He-Man, GI Joe (original not to hip on the newer ones), Thundercats, hrmmm there were a few others too but can't remember off the top of my head.

8. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    My kids love Gargoyles. My mother also enjoys reading the fics on these boards, anyway, one evening the kids had Gargoyles on and when they mentioned Xanatos she stopped what she was doing and goes 'Did you hear that?! They called that guy Xanatos.' I had to laugh at her reaction, it was pretty funny. :D

OE: I'm curious as to if you finished the Xaniwan fic that non PG rated. [face_thinking] I've lost the website address. But when I did have it, the fic hadn't been completed.

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm so jealous of those of you who have family members who enjoy your passion for Star Wars and fanfic. :(

I'll have to Pm you Bekah. I have two non board friendly Xaniwans out there. ;)

10. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    o_e, Gargoyles premiered in 1994, so if you had been into the JA books at the time, it would mean you have some explaining to do.

The line, which I can't quite repeat -- it's within board standards, but outside my own abilities -- was "Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into..." [And no, he didn't call it Hades.] A Disney Afternoon cartoon using the H-word was a bit of a surprise, plus the line says volumes about the character. [face_mischief]

Oh, and that 1984 Doctor Who story I mentioned that had the Cryons on Telos? "Attack of the Cybermen"
    [The coincidence occurred to me after I posted.]

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    That is a great line! :D Sounds like something our Xanatos would say also. And you can say hell here. ;) So does this guy get offed also? They always kill the cool bad guys.

12. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hmmmm, I really like that line...might use that in a vig... [face_mischief] Because I also do think that Xan would say it. :cool:

13. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I'm so jealous of those of you who have family members who enjoy your passion for Star Wars and fanfic.

You're not the only one o_e. I don't know anyone personally who likes Star Wars. So I know the problem. :(

14. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Nope, he lives. He even gets a wife and kid. The show hasn't been released on DVD yet, but the pilot movie is on VHS.

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    My husband and both kids are all big Star Wars fans (he loves all the episodes, my elder daughter reads my fics and the 10 year old loves the Clone Wars cartoons). We'll all be at Ep. 3 at the midnight showing... gasp next year!

16. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Now, that's really cool, Diane. My parents unfortunately can't read my fics, but they've tried. Nobody but me in my family has even seen Star Wars. :eek:

17. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Geez Diane. :( I'm going to have to bribe someone to go with me. :_| For AOTC it was my poor niece.

18. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Hey, o_e, maybe we should meet up somewhere in the middle, say in...Greenland...or something and watch the film together. :D

19. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    OE You poor thing. If you're ever in NJ, you can go with us. As long as you don't mind being with four people in Star Wars costumes.... :D And I make sure NO one talks during the movie.

20. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    My husband goes with me, but he only humours me. :D Maria, come up here! We'll go together! You've always wanted to see Canada, haven't you? :D

Shaindl

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Okay. I'll fly to NJ and then me and Diane can fly to where you live Shaindl. Then the three of us can fly to Indra's point of location. :p

22. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I'll have to Pm you Bekah. I have two non board friendly Xaniwans out there.

Oh, now you've got me intrigued, o_e.. :D Could I have the link, too?

School started this week, which resulted in my AWOL-ness. :( But I'm catching up at the moment and I'm working on the challenge, so hopefully that will be up soon. *big breath*

No one shares my love of SW either! :_| My sister reads my fics and went to AOTC with me to humor me... but she's not into it like me! *sob*

Oh, well. Her loss.

:)

-Krystal

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Ears perk up* Hey *waves* I would like that URL if possible! ;) hehehe

24. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay. I'll fly to NJ and then me and Diane can fly to where you live Shaindl. Then the three of us can fly to Indra's point of location. LOL. I'm getting dizzy!

I think it would be better to go to Shaindl's. I can go hiking afterwards in the mountains. Unless, of course, Indra lives near Switzerland...

Actually, I plan on seeing it at midnight, taking the day off and then seeing it again that afternoon. I saw AOTC twice the first day as well!

25. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Have to disappoint you there, Diane. It's more than 800 km to Switzerland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.