main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Xanatos

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jayk-Moonstray, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayk-Moonstray

Jayk-Moonstray Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Can someone give me some information on or a web site containing information on Qui-Gon Jinn's first Padawan Xanatos? Any help would be severely appreciated. I need it for a fan-fic I'm writing.

Thanks.

2. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    My fav subject!

Okay, if you want the full history, here it isl, as best as I know. Xanatos was the son of a wealthy man upon Tellos. He was raised at the Jedi Temple and became Qui-gon's second Padawan. He was a quick learner, and Qui-gon took great pride in him, but Yoda saw that Xani had a temper. As a final test, he sent them to Tellos. Xanatos's father had at that time driven everyone away from him, and had no heir. He drew Xanatos away from the Jedi way by offering him power. Xanatos accpeted. But Qui-gon stopped them, and killed Xanatos's father. The scar on Xanatos's right cheek is the result of when Qui-gon killed his Father, he cut the ring from his finger. It fell into the fire in the fire place. Xanatos picked it up and burned it into his cheek, then disappered for years. He came into power by Off World, which he controled. Later in the few last meetings between Qui-gon and Obi-wan, he tried to destroy a planet, the Jedi Temple, and was destroying his own home planet of Tellos by mining there. Qui-gon and Obi-wan caught him there, and as a last resort after a battle with Qui-gon, Xanatos jumped into an acid pool, suposidely to his death. PM me if you need more info or anything on him.

3. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    OOOOOO... Neon's got it down! :D

4. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    OOOhhh, a Xanatos fan-fic ? Where? :D My first two stories included him too! :) I'm open for questions as well. :D

5. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    xantos is qui-gon's second aprentice not first.

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    here is a description about him that i copied and broaght over here for you to see from another site. i hope it helps.

Xantos

This boy, with midnight blue eyes and jet black hair, was a native of the planet Telos, was born into wealth and ease. His father, Crion, was the richest man on the planet. However, Crion could not provide what Xanatos wanted most: to become a Jedi Knight. Xanatos was strong with the Force, strong enough to attract the attention of Qui-Gon Jinn. The Jedi Master came to Telos and requested that Xanatos return with him to Coruscant for training. Crion agreed, and Xanatos was transported across the galaxy. He trained under the best masters, and eventually Qui-Gon took the youth as his second Padawan learner. However, Xanatos was quick to flaunt his wealth and position while in the Jedi Temple, and constantly used his "power" to impress those "less fortunate" classmates. Xanatos was also quick to anger, and responded poorly when the jibes were directed at him self. All these traits Qui-Gon strove to overlook, since he felt that Xanatos was a great student and would someday grow into a great Jedi Knight. The Jedi Council wasn't so sure, and continually pressed Qui-Gon to evaluate Xanatos' progress. Shortly before Xanatos ready ready to take the tests which could elevate him to the status of Jedi Knight, Master Yoda sent them both on a mission to Telos. No specifics were given on the mission, and both assumed that the purpose would be revealed when they arrived. However, what they found was a planet engulfed in turmoil. Crion had been secretly making plans to attack a neighboring planet, and when he learned that his son had returned, he drew Xanatos into his plans. Together they plotted their attack whle keeping Qui-Gon in the dark. However, the Jedi Master discovered their schemes and threatened to expose them. His attempt to gain popular support against them backfired, igniting a civil war between the factions of government on Telos. In the battle, Qui-Gon was forced to kill Crion in a duel, slicing off the fingers on one hand before dispatching Crion. Xanatos, seeing his teacher kill his father, vowed to exact revenge on the Jedi. He took the ring from his father's finger and touched to his cheek. The hot metal left a crescent-shaped scar, which Xanatos used as a reminder of Qui-Gon's seeming treachery. Xanatos fled, and Qui-Gon told the Jedi Council he had been killed in the fighting. Years later, Xanatos reappeared on Bandomeer, having taken control of the leadership of Offworld Mining Company through deceit and conspiracy. He claimed to be all for bringing about a peace between Offworld and the Arcona Mineral Harvest Corporation, but he secretly hoped to eliminate Arcona and take Bandomeer's ionite mines for himself. Again he was thwarted by Qui-Gon, this time with the help of Obi-Wan Kenobi. They defeated Xanatos' plans, but were unable to capture the rogue. Xanatos escaped again, and fled into hiding.

7. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    jacen, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for Qui-Gon to have an apprentice before Xanatos. Think about it:

Qui-Gon was 60 in TPM (and some people even think he wasn't THAT old)

Qui-Gon was 48 when he took Obi-Wan as an apprentice

If we say Xanatos is about 30 when he dies that means that

Qui-Gon was about 31 when he took Xanatos as an apprentice

Now if he had had ANOTHER apprentice who had taken been his apprentice and so forth

Qui-Gon would have had to have been 19 when he took that apprentice

And Obi-Wan was considered young to be taking the trials at 25.

This is ALSO assuming that his 'first' apprentice took the trials at 25. :)

8. Bohicas

Bohicas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    EH-HEM! If you read the TimeTales, Qui-Gon's FIRST aprentice was one only 5 years from knighthood, who he took whilst wanting for Xantos to become avaliable for training.

The coucil were impressed with how much he teaches his first aprentice, but Qui-Gon never talks of this first aprentice.

9. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Actually, its not, and also, the info came from the books, which states that Qui-gon's second apprentice turned to the dark side, thus, Xanatos.

Most estimate that Xanatos was in his late twenties when he so calledly died, He was to take his trials, thus he was probably around 25 when he turned to the dark side. It was about a year or two after when Qui-gon met him again, and possibly half a year when he met his suposed end. So that would make him around the age of 26-28 years. Qui-gon is 60, George stated that clearly. He took Obi-wan as an apprentice when he was about 48.

Thanks for that, Bohicas. I forgot all about that detail. :)

10. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Then how come in that PRINTED trivia, they said Xanatos was his FIRST apprentice?

Also, I don't know how true it would be if he 'never talked about his first apprentice' seems a little fishy to me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.