main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Xbox 360 Vs. Nintendo Wii Vs. Sony Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Spiderfan, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    And before we start getting into personal bias I am intending a serious discussion here because I am seriously intersted in shopping the market. But everywhere I look I am getting baised information in one direction or another.

I was hoping some of you could enlighten me to the different aspects of each system. Right now I am leaning towards the PS3 for a couple of reasons:
    1) Backwards compatibility with my previous systems (I have games for both PS2 and PSX)
    2) From what I was told today in class I am really liking BluRay over HD-DVD and the PS3 offers (supposedly) a better Bluray system.

Beyond that I am clueless as to the different aspects of each, the pros and cons of each.

Can anyone clue me in...

2. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Well 360 as far as I am aware supports HD not BluRay, however you have to pay for extra hardware to get it to work. At least from what I saw at best buy. But end of the day if you are having to do that then you might as well buy a standalone player.

If you are wanting something just to get started with then for HD w/ gaming PS3 is probably better however I think currently HD is the more popular option.

Nintendo I know nothing on really as it wasn't the first on my list. As well it may depend on the types of games you play because for example Mike won't play video games really but he likes Halo which means we'll probably end up with a 360 at some point.

3. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    I can't see myself getting a PS3 anytime. I think it's expensive, and not worth a second thought (Yet I don't have old PS2 games)

I have myself a 360. I use it frequently for games/dvds/music. It was a great buy.
    But I also want to get myself a Wii just for the pure enjoyment of the games, and having to move around like an idiot.

Wiii!

4. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    See I don't use them for music or dvd, PS3 I might consider for bluray just for the fact we're most likely buying a HD player and need a way to stop Mike from spending on another player [face_worried]
    Although none will be for sometime yet for me anyway for two reasons one I can't work and two I never buy first batches as they normally have bugs.

5. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Sony is notorious for its glitches the first time around. Its a safe bet to wait for that reason and because it will come down in price. I dont intend on buying anything in the next six months at least but i would very much like to buy one of them eventually...still not sure which one.

6. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Were This to actually happen there would be no question which platform I would purchase.

7. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I am not really a big video game fan myself.. but I am LOVING the Nintendo Wii. It's a lot of fun, and it really does give you a great work out too.

8. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I am now Biased... the Wii is freaking awesome... I've never played a videogame that leaves me exhausted before! after 1 hour of Boxing I am done like dinner...

And nothing beats swinging a sword in a game then actually having to go through the actions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.