main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON XBOX or PS2?¿?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Smallman, Oct 19, 2003.

?

XBOX or PS2?¿?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2003.
  1. PS2

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. XBOX

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
  2. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    I am currently in the market for a new console and I can't quite decide which so please vote and state the reason why you voted that way. I'd appriciate it.

3. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I just peek in here every little once and a while. I say Xbox because of the intermal hard drive. Insert CDs, copy to the hard drive... really good.

Oh. And Halo, as it was meant to be played.

4. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    XBox!!!

I picked it up about 3 months ago and I love it.
    Both PS2 and Xbox get the majority of the same games btu for me the Xbox just looks a bit better.
    I also like the game pad for the XBox over the PS2, it seems to fit a larger hand better.

Big + !!!...we can swap games, or network.

5. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    I am all for the internal HD (Big +!!!) my only beef is in games like Final Fantasy X (I have been playing Final Fantasy games all my life.) that and playing my old Playstation games on a PS2. But then Again you can copy your music to use on games (although people that I know that have XBOX haven't figgured out how to do that.)

apparently you can hook up your XBOX to the net without an adapter (PS2 you have to buy the adapter)

However, I have sympatico DSL (username and password) so I don't know if that would work.

I dislike the XBOX controler because it is too damn big!!!! MAD CATZ made a "micro" controller that fits pretty well in my paws. I feel that the Playstation controller is peaked (there is a reason why they didn't change it) I could always get used to it.

Right now XBOX has a deal on where you get Tetris world and Clone wars with your xbox and a bunnch of other stuff. but I could also buy the one with AMPED and Halo. The only game that PS2 comes with is ATV offroad fury or ATV offroad fury 2 (can't remember)

Price is about the same.......

Transport of PS2 is MUCH easier than an XBOX (the thing is freaken' HUGE!) to my trailer grandmothers house gf's house, James Dorm.... But I could always manage.

Either way it doesn't REALLY matter all that much because Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles kis comming out for PS2, XBOX, Gamecube and Gameboy Advance

plus i have to get rid of my original Playstation and N64 (anyone wanna buy one?)

But do you guys see my dilema?¿?

6. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    How much you offering for your old PSX Kevin?

7. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    As for the controllers, I prefer the original X-box controller better, but nowadays Microsoft is making a first-party smaller one for you weenies out there ;) I prefer the original button layout, like the bigger feell... they better not switch completely to Controller S >(

8. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    it really depends on the type of games you like, I think.

For the most part, xbox appeals to people who like FPS, and PS2 appeals to people who like RPGs. I mean, obviously there's crossover, but for the most part... Especially when you get into old PSX games.

9. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    ok we have 1 PS2 vote unclaimed and 1 XBOX vote unclaimed

10. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    As for the moving it from place to place thing, I have to give this one to the x-box. If you mod it, as I'm sure you will, and put in a larger hard drive you can copy games (which you legitimately bought and own of course) to the hard drive, so you only have to take the console and you get a tonne of games along for the ride, rather than having to lug a bunch of cds along with you.

But still I say PS2. Consoles seem to get people to like them, and then they stick with that name. For me, it was sony. For others, it was nintendo, and for others, it was dreamcast, which died and now dreamcast fans have found a replacement brand. xbox.

There's a built in xbox emoticon in msn 6 too ;p

11. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Keep in mind that if u mod ur X-box, then no X-box Live for you. Anything even resembling modding exempts you from X-box Live.

12. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    I will not pay for on-line stuff with PS2 and Xbox so it doesn't really matter (it's just a way to suck money from you)

13. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    To each his own. I'm not planning on getting Live, anyways, at least not until Halo 2 comes out.

14. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Modded Xboxes can have a switch installed to either have the mod turned on or off, so a modded Xbox can still use Live quite well. I voted Xbox because of the sheer quality of the games that come out for it. There are less, granted but I've never been bored with it yet. Plus if you do eventually decide to get Xbox Live the gaming never stops.

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Its not one of the choices, but for people looking for a game console, theNintendo Gamecube has really come down in price.

Wal-Mart has it for $117 right now!!!!

Considering there are a nice number of SW titles for the GameCube and its small size, and now great price, you may want to add one of them to the list.

16. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    really starting to lean towards XBOX
    This looks good

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10025536&catid=16658&logon=&langid=EN&dept=15&WLBS=fsweb11

on sale here^^^ (wouldn't link)

17. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    [image=http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/064/50014064.jpg]
    Have you seen this little toy? It's a good item for the cottage or long road trip.

18. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    add on screen or new model?

19. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    PS2 is way better. Better choice of games, unless you are a super I-love-sports kinda guy.

Want quality RPGs/Adventure games, go PS2 or GC.

20. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    But, as was mentioned, X-box has the best FPS games, which is why I have that.

21. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Add on screen.

And PS2 is not "way better", if anything they are equal. They both have things the other doesn't and items that are slightly better on each.

Games are about the same. It wont matter what way you go there wikk always be games you can't get. Just look at the Star Wars games as an example.

Game Cube...was not even one of my choices when looking at a game platform. And I think that is why the thing is only $117 now; because others feel the same. Game Cube does have it's share of good games, but it is more geared (game wise) towards a younger crowd.

22. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I personally like PS2 myself. This I am drawing from my limited gaming knowlage (aside from computers). Whenever I tend to play with my friends, I find PS2 to be much more enjoyable.

Their selection of Games (for me) surpasses the other modules (aside from computers).

I personally don't bother with PS2, GameCube or XBox. All I've ever owned is Sega Genesis. I still play on that every so often, yet the games were mostly bought for my cousin... and not I. So I'm stuck with a bunch of sports games.

I think I'll stick with my PC. *hugs computer* It has EVERYTHING for me. Who needs friends when you got a computer! :p ( a true sign of a computer adict!)

23. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    My personal opinion: PS2. I am not a techy so I won't ramble on about why one is superior to the other. I am looking at one thing. Games. Lets face it. PS2 offers more games and IMO better games, though X-Box does share some cool ones. My biggest beef with X-Box is that it is Microsoft and I am trying to get away from them as much as possible. I support PS2.

24. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Mircosoft... trying to get their buck into everything. I personally don't mind my XP (profesinal? ... spelling...)

I'm not going to ban them from my list because they're a big corport company. I found it amusing how Bill Gates sliped right past Apple's nose, and made a giant company. While doing so he stole Xerox's most genious idea, that they thought was a peice of trash. I still don't understand how they didn't like the idea of a mouse.

Yet... I'm getting off topic. My PC good, other moduls, not my cup of tea. :)

25. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Although PS2 does have more games and RPGs, I would still say that if you own an Xbox you'd really have nothing to worry about there. With KOTOR already there and Fable comming out soon Rpgs are starting to turn out for the Xbox. Plus, the best selling PS2 games, GTA 3 and Vice City are BOTH going to the Xbox for this holiday season with extra missions, revamped graphics etc. If you are indeed one of the people that don't like the controller you can get an adapter to use any controller you wish, so the controller is also not an issue (although personally I prefer the Xbox controller because of the size). If you can afford a Dolby 5.1 Surround sound stereo down the road you can also take full advantage of it's superior sound. The internal HD makes it nice so because you will never run out of save game spaces as a memory card would. 4 controller ports make for some awesome action gaming as well as games such as D&D heroes as well. Let's also not foget Half-Life 2, DOom 3, Counterstrike, Rainbow Six 3 and Max Payne 2, all going to the Xbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.