main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON XBOX or PS2?¿?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Smallman, Oct 19, 2003.

?

XBOX or PS2?¿?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2003.
  1. PS2

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. XBOX

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Max Payne 2? Counterstrike? These games are on the PC! Stick with the PC people. It has everything!

I think it's a better idea to just get a good set of speakers and a good videocard. Then not only is your gaming experience enhanced, yet you can also have a great system for music and movies.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well Mitch...Squaresoft doesn't have any X-Box games, but they endorse PS2, and even GC, as a new Final Fantasy game is coming out

In short, X-box is simply Microsoft trying to make more money...the X-box is HUGE, its GREEN (ew) and in my opinion is ugly, the games are sport centric and action centric.

I eagerly await PS3 and the new PSX and even the GC2 to kill it as the current ones did Dreamcast.

3. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    Well tonight Aly, Sock and I are going to Futureshop to check out the systems.

BTW: My Favorite colour is GREEN (as if thats hard to figgure out)

4. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    Well I did it.....I bought a console and a game

a PS2 and Vice City!

I know I know HD and that but when it all came down to it... I wanted Playstations games. I will just have to play KOTOR at someone's house. Besides now I still get to play my old PSX games

5. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Or get KOTOR on PC... ;)

Good Choice Kevin!

6. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    LOL guess what?? PS2 is comming out with a Hard Drive. its schedualed to come out with Final Fantasy XI. Anyone with a PS2. open up the back where is says "Expansion Bay" notice the big space.

Now I need to name My PS2 (I suggest something Japanese)

oh and chris I know you were looking forward to trading games and whatnot....I can always bring my PS2 over. (or switch consoles for a visit)

Now just to wait for TMNT to come out.

7. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
  8. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Name it "Crappy Console"!

9. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, I don't know why you chose PS2 (only 5 Squaresoft games [and two of them arn't even released yet], lower graphics, no KOTOR, no great FPS, no hard drive [although you're likely to pay about 100 dollars at least for the one comming out], 100 dollars for the online adapter, 10 bucks a month to play FFXI when True Fantasy Live Online [Xbox's future MMORPG] will be covered by a LIVE account, no Dolby 5.1 surround support, no DOA online, no D&D Heroes, no Gaiden, no Conker: Live and Uncut, no online RTCW, no Max Payne 2, no Spawn in SC2, only 2 controller ports [or you could get a multi-tap which causes a slower reaction time]).

And yes I know there are pleanty of good things about the PS2 (like you can... put it sideways). Anyway, in recognition of your new purchase I send you to this link and wish you happy gaming :).

10. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    So he pays his money on his choice of console and this gives people grounds to berate him??

I am glad to see maturity returning...

11. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Har har! Sideways does make a good system.

It's called berating the game system, not the consumer.

12. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Never the less he made his choice, and making him feel bad about a difficult choice is such a great way to show him you care...isn't it.

I mean wouldn't a simple congrats on making a tough choice Kevin be easier?

13. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    HUZZAH!!!! THEY HAVE IT THEY HAVE IT THEY HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

FUTURESHOP HAS TMNT FOR $59.99

14. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    well, I applaud his choice. It was a particularily good one based on the fact that he previously owned a PSX.

15. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Meh. Console only, X-box is better, but if you prefer the PS2 games... there shall be no help from me on your path to the damned ;)

I won't say good choice, but as long as you're happy. Have fun playing games that look better on the X-box! :D

16. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I made the hard choice awhile ago and went with XBOX...Halo made it all worth while and then KOTOR came out and gave me a big smile. can't wait for HALO2!

17. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I've got over 23 hours logged on KOTOR in a week and a day- and I also have school and a job. Though it helped I was off from school yesterday (yes, we had school on Monday but not Tuesday. VVS= teh wtf?).

18. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    Look at the cover of the magazine very carefully and you can see why I'm wetting my pants with joy

On another note:

My copy of GMR came in the mail and it reported that Nintendo did not make a single effort of an appearence at the Japanese version of E3. Not one booth. Nothing. Well, there was a mention that the original Pokemon games are being remade for GBA. But other than that absolutley nill. Considering Nintendo's major market IS Japan, that is pretty major. Also, this is the first time sales have been so bad for Nintendo since 1965 (when they made trading cards).

19. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Uhhhh....he's CG Mitch...so I don't know why you'd be wetting your pants....

20. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    ... The thing about FFVII.

21. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Yay. I'm more excited about Halo 2.

And yes, I did get that OXM in the mail. Hrm, I have to renew my GMR subscription... all hail Game Geezer!

22. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    No no no, think about it. Tenchu has already been revealed as going to Xbox, the GTA double pack, and if Square Enix joins the team, well, they will rule the galaxy. *eyes go glossy*

And I agree, all should hail the game geezer, although whenever he brings up "pocket geezer" I kinda want to flip the page.

23. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Boys settle down...this is neither the time nor place, please take it to PM's, I knew Mitch was kidding around, when he posted it I was actually chatting with him.

As for X-box ruling, I think not....FF7 is a courtesy to those X$box owners not berefit of such an enormous thing lol!

Mitch is FF7 the pumped up version that PS2 will be getting, or just the regular console transfer?

Any place to look it up?

24. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    From rumours it's a beef up, but I'm not sure yet because no one in my area is getting the magazine 'till Monday, so I can't buy it. I know Advent Children (the movie) is coming out but I don't think that'd be it. I really don't know. Just seeing Final Fantasy and Xbox together excited me, so I jumped at it. Most likely it's about Advent Children and some sort of Xbox exclusive thing to go with it. But even that doesn't make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.