main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC XBOX or PS2

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by fatboyslim, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __angel__

__angel__ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2003
    and there will be tumbleweeds next

2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    i guess we agree to disagree

3. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    It gets like this sometimes... It's bloody 5:40 in the morning and I can't sleep, this is crap. Sarge, your often up at ridiculous hours, how does one combat this?

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I find Coffee doesn't work, but helps comfort you that you're normal and being up at such times is all part of a natural cycle.

Otherwise, Rohypnol works well: especially if you have a handy supply around anyways.

5. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Yes, well, that explains your "interesting" Fridays then...

6. aussie_jedi_meg

aussie_jedi_meg Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2000
    Don't d/l the PS2 or X box emulators I heard that they have viruses and spyware crap. It aint worth wrecking your computer for it. It is down to personal choice when it comes to game play on the PC or a console. Not much of a game player myself, have had a go at all the lastest consoles and each have their own good qualities. I still have my NES. Been looking at getting a GBA SP just for fun, something to do when I am on the train or something.
    AJM

7. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    nah emulators are fine. I have played a few PS2 games on an emulator and atari and amiga and C64 games...drooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Lute, WTF? Halo is crap???? Man so not the case, are you high?

This game is bloody unstoppably brilliant!! I mean you can play it again and again and really, seriously, in the fair-dinkum department hands on heads by jingoes you won't get bored one ioata. The set-up is easy and the difficulty levels are challenging (especially legendary), you can have a couple of beers with a mate while doing missions sweet two kevs no worries. Most of all its downright fun and story-wise, it's engaging. F Pc.

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    The PC port of HALO is really bad, it shows how low the standards are of consoles in comparison, especially for the graphics and game play. Damm conversions

10. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Quote from Megagames: "It seems that EBGames' release dates have become a speculation hotbed for all relevant news sites. Following the constant H-L 2 release date changes, the online retailer has now moved on to providing release dates for game ports where none have been announced. The latest EB rumour has to do with True Crime : Streets of LA; while no PC version was announced by Activision, the games' retailer suggested that they would have a copy of a PC version in March of 2004.
    Unless EBG have moved into the porting business this means that Activision have plans for the game, plans which they chose not to reveal in order to boost console sales, I suspect.

The question is if EB Games, like the large responsible company that they are, have some special contact with publishers and therefore, priviledged release information. If so the date announced, which was subsequently eliminated from their site, is a reliable estimation of a possible release. The other possibility is that the company used their experience and produced a rough date, for their own planning purposes, which accidentally surfaced on their web site. Unlikely, after all a game that follows Vice City so closely, would also follow a similar console to PC course right?

Activision have refused to confirm the port but then again have not denied it either. It is possible that the whole release leak was a marketing exercise to test PC demand, with minimal damage to console sales, in order to decide on the development of a port."

It just goes to show how damaging to console sales a release of the same game on PC can be. Because PC rocks!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.