main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Xena & Hercules -the tv shows!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by EDKRIEG, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDKRIEG

EDKRIEG Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Hi.I am glad to see this board open up.Now I don't have to talk Box Office.What are your thoughts on Xena and Hercules-the tv shows?Favorite show, actors, etc?I hope Rob Tapert and company do a Xena film.My favorite Xena:Xena Scrolls-Renee O'connor plays a female Indiana Jones and Lucy's character is Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman.Hercules-Yes, Virginia, there is a Hercules.The entire show and staff are spoofed.Bruce Campbell plays Rob Tapert in a red fright wig.LOL!

2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    They're on my list to buy on DVD. That damn list is growing by leaps and bounds of late.

They're fun. I never cared much about mythology when I was in high school, but I actually managed to learn a few things from these shows.

3. EDKRIEG

Jun 22, 2005
    That show was called Been There, Done That!They did a couple of musicals!The first was part of the 6 part story arc about the Rift between Xena and Gabrielle-called The Bitter Suite!The second was called Lyre, Lyre, Hearts on Fire.Had some VERY familiar music with different lyrics such as a take-off on BYE BYE BIRDIE-the telephone number!Hercules did two shows takeoffs on the Terminator series with two different women sent by Hera to terminate Hercules!Thanks!

4. EDKRIEG

Jun 22, 2005
    Forgot!There is a 10th anniverserary edition with selected episodes from all 6 seasons and a bonus disc with interviews with Lucy,Renee, Hudson Leick, etc.It is best to try Wal-mart .Price is cheaper that elsewhere!

5. Vyka

Vyka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    I was hoping there would be a Xena thread somewhere.

6. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I love xena!! One of my favorite episodes would have to be One against an Army. aren't the interviews from the 10th anniversity pack the same interviews that are on all the dvd seasons of xena?

7. EDKRIEG

Jun 22, 2005
    Challenge:Name your favorite Herc, Xena episodes-again!I have named mine but here are more:Herc:Not Fade Away and sequel.Deals with two women each sent out to terminate Hercules.A tribute to the terminator films.Yes, Virginia, there is a Hercules.A VERY wild film in which the show spoofs itself and the production staff.Actors play the staff.Bruce Campbell plays Rob Tapert in a red fright wig!LOL!Hudson Leick plays Liz Friedman-a line producer!Xena-Warrior ,Priestess , Tramp- where Lucy plays Xena, Meg, and Leah- a priestess.The Quill is mighter than the Sword.Aphrodite enchants Gaby's quill so that everything she writes becomes true. Example:Gaby writes Gabrielle awakes in forest with a jerk.It happens-but she looks behind her and sees Joxer.King of Assasins-Xena and company-including Autocylus meet Joxer's brother who is out to kill Cleopatra!You folks are next, please!

8. jediknightleia

Aug 28, 2002
    I haven't really seen any of the Hercules episodes so i'll be sticking with xena. My other favorite episode of xena is A Day In The Life i love it cuz its so damn funny with gabrielle trading xena's whip for a frying pan and when xena threw the eel at gabrielle

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Hercules: Redemption Xena: Ides of March, if only because of the last few haunting moments of Xena and Gabrielle's lives in that episode.

10. jediknightleia

Aug 28, 2002
    I forgot about Sacrifice part 2 it was a great episode with the cliff hanger of did gabrielle really die? I loved it great acting, the last look that gabrielle gave xena and when xena kills callisto

11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I've only recently succumbed to the power that is Xena. I'm really enjoying it so far, falling deep in love with Callisto of all people. I quite liked Ten Little Warlords.

I love spotting the LOTR people.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *Bringing this thread back from the dead*

What does everybody think of Xena showing up on the LOGO Channel?

13. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I have no problem with it airing on LOGO. But I wish it weren't the only place to watch the series.

Was it F/X or Sci-Fi that used to air Xena reruns? I remember watching several marathons of the show, but I don't remember which channel it was.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's was Sci - fi. I think their license to air Xena ran out or something, I know they still have the rights to air Hercules.

And there's always DVDs, those sell about $50 dollars per season in the States.

Edit: Anyhow, I love reliving the earlier years of the series (Though I think I will stop after Xena and Gabrielle are crucified. Season Five really jumped a shark or two)

15. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Yeah, I plan on getting the Xena DVDs eventually. I'll probably get Hercules first, though. The first season is only $20 at Best Buy.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *makes plans to try and go to Best Buy*

17. EDKRIEG

Jun 22, 2005
    Glad to see it up and running.Wal-Mart had the 10th Anniversery Special edition with episodes selected from the six seasons and special stuff with Lucy, Renee, etc for 38 dollars.

18. EDKRIEG

Jun 22, 2005
    Ok-hope you are enjoying the shows on DVD , etc.Does anyone know if the latest Hercules Season is on DVD?Also I heard a rumor there may be a Xena movie.BTW In July-a new Xena comic is coming out with a picture of Lucy on the cover!Dynamic Comics is the publisher.Thought you might like to know!

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The last season of Hercules is indeed out on DVD.

20. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Haha I remember when I was only 5 or 6, I would wake up early and go watch Hercules, Xena and Flipper. I remember nothing about any of the three, but this thread gave me a nice trip down memory lane!

Obiy

21. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I enjoyed both of them when I was younger, "Hurcules" especially. However, when I got older, I started seeing them as far too cheesy.

22. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I liked both shows, but I did get a bit annoyed with Xena towards the end, when she was beating up and killing gods. I'd have believed Hercules would be able to do that he's half god but even for him it would be a stretch, but Xena whe was supposed be a mortal I just didn't buy it.

23. Revan27

Revan27 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2004
    I used to love these shows, when they were on. Especially the Hercules & Xena crossovers. :p

But yeah, Hercules pwned.

24. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    I love the Xena Warrior Princess TV show. I have all seasons on DVD. Still have to get around to getting that 10th Anversity dvd.

Hudson plays my favorite villian throughout show.
    Gabby tends to get really annoying in some episodes IMO

25. Colonel_Kip

Colonel_Kip Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2006
    Renee O'Connor looks a lot like Carrie Fisher. The only difference is that they smile differently and the hair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.