main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Xenoblade Chronicles [1, X, 2 & 3]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Ben, Nov 22, 2015.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I haven't progressed past the marsh. Turns out I really wanted to actually do the sidequests in that area, so it took me quite some time to get through. I'm about to leave and progress the story the next time I play, but I've been sidetracked from playing by Destiny's new season.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    yes number 3 is. I would love to see the updated Marsh which was easily my favorite visual location of game.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Me: "Nia! Stop stealing my HP containers!"
    Nia: (Insists on fighting titan stomach acid bog monster while standing in the stomach acid.)
    Me: "Ok! That doesn't justify it!"
    Nia: (dies in stomach acid, I brave damage to myself to revive her and she follows me to safe ground)
    Me: "Next time you need to-"
    Nia: (With low HP, reengages enemy by charging back into stomach acid and dies)
    Me: "NIA YOU HAVE ISSUES."

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Rew, Jedi Ben and Chewgumma like this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm glad Nintendo stalwarts can finally learn the joys of ~Marin Karin~ mandatory AI control.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's nice, and I am still in the Marsh doing sidequests. This is the first time I have gotten really caught up.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll adjust for it- with the power of friendship by luring enemies away from the acid pit.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Have you yet to exp the utter sarcastic joy of fighting flying enemies near ledges?

Rew, The2ndQuest and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I won't say where or how but the first game has a bit like this too. Then, it was more understandable.
    And now you know how people rack up +100 hours.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    This isn't on the soundtrack CD that came with the game and I'm disappointed, as this is the best piece of music in the game so far:

That's easily worthy of being a franchise's main theme.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  10. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Just got to Ch 8 and somehow it puts all the previous areas to shame in how gorgeous it is.

I wholeheartedly wish for a XB3 on Series X/PS5. These art guys know what we need.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Won't happen unless Nintendo sells Monolith Soft.

Rew, solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I made it finally out of the marsh and to the beginning of Chapter 7 before I ended tonight. At this rate I am still on track for a 50-60 hour game. I don't think I am gonna do tons of the stuff with Juju. It might help some, but I only do side quests that earn me things or have great story. So meh :p

I am more interested in pushing forward the main story right now because it's very interesting. I see I am almost to Jenna Coleman.

13. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Finally picked this back up after pkmn isle of armor.

Still gorgeous. Also good movie ideas.

“Not the heropon we want.”

“Not the heropon we need.”

“But the only heropon we got.”

Riki Stiki Hi-5’s the easy monsters!

Coming Summer 2021.

Rew, solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I find Riki pretty useful actually.

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    He is awesome.

16. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    As infuriating as spike effect was on urchins in xc2, its so much worse in the first one.

Every damn unique man.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am in Chapter ten now. Even more things happening to show my prediction was probably right.

18. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Im up to ch12, which is at *checks notes* Bionis Rectum.

Still a gorgeous game, still don't understand aura’s in general and number 4’s skillset in its entirety. Also harder to grind affection in this one.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Right now I am stuck grinding so I can get up to level 48 to fight a boss. Over halfway now I think.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Ive made it to mechonis core and enemies are finally my level again. Well a few under but close enough i get xp.

Honestly still don't know how auras work and i think i like 2’s driver combos better than 1’s. Mostly because you need to topple/daze to do large damage, but you can only do that to most enemies in a chain attack. But to get a chain attack you need to have tension built up from the fight prolonging itself. Then if you have high tension that leads into a chain attack that leads to a daze combo you pray the enemy doesn't get freaking spike from being toppled/dazed because if they do and you missed it you just one-shot yourself, gg fam.

Story is hella good though sans the infamous “handholding” cutscene i just saw that has been referred to as cringe. It is. It was the ultimate cheese.

Jedi Ben and Rew like this.
  21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm to Chapter 16, and let's just say things are getting very JRPG. Almost to the end! I will probably go straight into playing Future Perfected after I finish the main game, though, so I guess I'm not actually nearly done.

Jedi Ben and Rew like this.
  22. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Im at Ch 17 now. Looks like the party is in the endgame now.

Seeing a lot of comparisons to XC2 character wise now. A few things went as hinted at but still good.
    You ARE Revan

Kind of a little peeved i just had a ton of side quests thrown at me that seem like they should have held back until post-game. Need 20+ levels to even attempt and i have a nagging need to do side quests before story missions in every game.​

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm very different. I'm a little under-leveled for the main bosses right now because I didn't do enough fighting or side quests. So I switched to casual mode to just be able to power through the end of this without any grinding. I was getting bored of the grinding as I don't find the side quests in this game engaging at all.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Finished the game over lunch! Still need to play the epilogue/DLC though I suppose.

Overall I would give it a B. I liked it, the story was a bit convoluted and the battle system got a bit old. But it's definitely a unique world and I liked it enough I do want to play the DLC.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Played into some of Mor Ardain in XC2. Hit a not-insurmountable wall with the main quest, since I can't break through a gate I need to get through to progress without leveling up one of Poppi's abilities. And the only way to level up that ability is for Tora to use 4 of a certain type of pouch item (oh, hey, btw, pouch item types matter!). Given that I didn't even discover pouch items until recently and still haven't really used them, and that Tora has a 1 item pouch, and items are timed, that means I'm probably looking at around 60-80 min before I can progress.

And this is also how i discovered that Poppi has her own damn dedicated upgrade, customization and crafting system, distinct from all the other characters. And it's apparently tied to resources obtained by playing the retro arcade mini game way back at Tora's house [face_laugh].

If only i could have known all of that before i spent an hour playing that game, thinking that was what i needed to score high in to level up the skill for Poppi (the association paths in the skill tree aren't exactly intuitive, even though they tell you the objectives), I could have been ready to go by now. Oh well. I guess i'll just have to grind some XP against Mor Ardain soldiers to kill some time.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020