main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Xenoblade Chronicles [1, X, 2 & 3]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Ben, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't play her, just get her abilities up as she has a major heal shot that'll save your arse in later battles. You do a chain attack, which includes that and you inflict damage and get recovery.

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I actually had fun playing her last night in one of the challenge fights with a Behemothish looking thing where I actually had to use a lot of her healing skills. It was pretty hectic and fun. Def put control back on Shulk though afterwards. Got into some crazy engagements with Mechons and a boss fight with talking one that said he was gonna eat us and “invited” us to Colony 6. These Mechon fights get quite challenging for me on the Wii mote juggling between Monando/regular commands esp depending on how much my Ambien has kicked.. really wish I had gotten a Wii U before I started so I could play in my den. This time limitation on such a fun game is really pissing me off.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, the Mechon fiughts can get pretty hectic, especially as the battle moves around, others can join in! It makes for a very dynamic environment.

By the by J-S, there's certain points in your posts I'm not replying to because of spoilage, we'll pick them up at the right time later.

If you can get a Wii U dead cheap, do so and get XCX, it's probably the only game on the system that really shows the potential of the dual screens. (Well, save for perhaps a couple of the Zelda games.)

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yea spoilers would suck lol.

I haven’t taken the road to Coloney 6 yet. Just trying to do some of these side quests now and lvling up a bit before. At 21 I think and I have 22hrs clocked which is way more then I feel like I should have only playing 1-2 hrs each night.

So items from chest. Should I just sell everything or do some of these things actually need to be kept to produce future gear? Some of the descriptions make me hesitant to sell certain ones.

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Beginning to get pretty miffed with the sheer number of “!” Popping up. Haven’t even headed towards Colony 6 yet as all these things are hitting and now are starting to be timed. I’m tempted to just start ignoring them and proceed onwards but if I do that I miss out on the affinity points. There’s just to dang many of them and it’s childish dialogue and “Really?” Errand boy type stuff.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    One thing in Xenoblade's favour is the quest log is decent and allows you to manage them. Get the quests, you don't have to do them immediately. Also, the game is quite smart about completion of them - things like not having to go back to the quest giver.

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Had a frustrating night last night trying to fight a lvl 29 Krabblemahbob down in the mines. I’m lvl 26 and couldn’t manage to take it out. Tried 8 times. I love there is no Game Over as yet on dying. Just zap back to last landmark with all items and exp intact. Fighting/moving in these tunnels becomes pretty frustrating esp depending on how much the meds have kicked in. Not getting lost just the camera angles. That’s where I’m at now. Met Sharla’s friend/superior last night and he “has a plan”. Will be following up on that when I turn on in next 15-30 mins.

Ed oh yeah and I absolutely love the music in mines. Really sets the tone of the area well.

Started only finally getting the hang of gem crafting and trading the last few days.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Levels do make a significant difference in this game and yeah, soundtrack is superb.

I never really cracked the gem crafting aspect.

Also, I do like the lack of penalty for experimentation - it encourages you to try stuff out.

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Made some great progress in the mines(Bionis stomach I think?) but man did it take forever!! I didn’t think I would ever
    get to the bottom where my indicator was telling me to go. I kept fighting and mining along the way. Does Agility even matter? I have played around with some gems raising the lvl of stat but if gives me greater control/height I can’t see/tell one damn bit. Anyway once I got to the location a pretty epic battle ensued with the Mechon Zord. Took quite awhile cause as I’m sure by now y’all know I usually can play only at night and usually my nighty night meds are affecting my coordination. This was a pretty fun battle and definitely my fav so far of the 2 big(?) Mechons I have fought. This battle had crazy lvls of epic tension trying to rescue Juju(I just want his damn buggy then he can die for all I care lol) and change the future to save Otheran. That old bastard got bout it bout it!!! So did Sharla before the actual battle began. I was like “OHHH ****” as she charged in with that rifle blowing mechon away! Zord fell into the Ether river

That’s where I stopped last night after regaining control. Will get back on in an hour or 2 most likely.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Woohhaa! Didn’t even play 3 mins last night I had such a headache so I didn’t make it out of the mines. I am now...! Things BLEW UP!
    Got more party members. Got a new goal to go to head. Supposed to go through a swamp on the back. That’s gonna be cool. I think the game prob really opened up but I’m done for the night as I still don’t feel well. Giant birds, Enita(elves?) I really hope I’m feeling well tomorrow and can get back to it without wanting to throw up after a few moments play... :(

Turned off after I regained control.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ouch, get yourself well first then come back to this JS.

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Trying. Still no where near close to being back to 100%.

I forgot to say last night that metal face
    TAUNTED me about THAT person I’m still pissed about talking how good it felt to slice and dice! Holy hell... and talk of the Emperor.

Just did some exploring after I went back to Colony 9 to craft a bit with new member. So I got to the Marsh...wow just woooowww! For a game this old now as I’ve said before this just continues to visiually impress me! I can only imagine how crazy it seemed when it was brand new. I just happened to enter at night. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing it was just stunning to walk around. That all took 45 mins worth of my time but I had to stop. :( I could feel the pounding coming on if I kept going.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, Satorl Marsh is quite the environment, especially at night.

The game world design aesthetic is one of the game's best cards, you won't have seen places like this in any other game which is a bigger deal than it sounds.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Doubled...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m definitely hoping for more stunning sights along the way. Played about 2 hrs last night just lvling up and will likely do so again tonight. Just taking in the sights of Marsh and not in a rush to advance story yet. Beautiful.

I have kept a save file for that person I go back to occasionally just to have fun with.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Got some rare unambien clouded morning play today! Progressed enough for
    Otheran, Dickson and Juju left us in Marsh to go back home and got prompt to help rebuild C6 in spare time. I pretty much began this right away but complications arose...
    having sweaty matches and in the end failing on enemies just 1 damned lvl higher then my 3 toons. Makes a for a good challenge but lots of frustration at times. Good thing no game over function screwing me out of time/exp to worry about.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Glad I figured out and have been crafting gems. I was able to clear the Raquel bridge at my current lvl just because of 2 gems. An HPIII that I gave to Shulk and an Attack PlusIII I gave to Reyn. They started out as Gem II’s but I was able to beef them up to III’s by getting them up over 200%(heat). Shulk and Reyn’s affinity’s on purple face giving me 9-13 cracks at the forge.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Had an amazing day yesterday and I was so sad to end when it came time.

So been a few days since an update. I’ve played everyday whether for 5 mins or the usual 1.5 hrs but I didn’t advance story till last night. Early yesterday morning I had 2 hrs play time and I mostly just mined and forged. I was super surprised that you can get a Mega Heat stage which not only upgrades your gem but DOUBLE copies it! So big advancements yesterday.
    I finished up in the Marsh with the Entia adulthood ritual. I still can’t kill the dude in Exile Fortress though... So afterwards there was a lot of climbing cause the elevator no longer worked. I was way up there and it was night so I took in the sights below. Then I went into the Bionis inards. Lots of green glowies. I shot up on a gyser if I don’t want to know what to Makna Forest. Then all hell broke loose! Cutscenes cutscenes cutscenes! Body and soul transformation in Mechons overseen by a mysterious woman. Very interested in this. Then we go to a princess and her guard being attacked by a large bird thing which I think is the same one from Knee area I saw. Regained control and just was blown away at the visuals. That TREE in the background! That bridge! That waterfall! That rainbow over the waterfall! Holy crap! Crossed the bridge to go to Nopon village but my ambien was ramping up by that point and I could no longer properly control Shulk in the fights with all the trees in the way. Had to shut it off. Will get to village tonight I’m sure.

Wow that was a great day.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey mods feel free to tell me to stop my updates if the multiple in a row posts bug anyone. I’m taking it as ok since I haven’t been told anything yet and this is a small thread anyway.

Another big night last night! I actually don’t like traversing this forest. The camera really gets to me even before my meds disorient me to much..

So I
    still wasn’t able to make it to the Nopon village like I thought I would. Sooo much happened along the way. I came upon the injured princess and we had to heal her by way of obtaining a pure water crystal on the orders of my medic Sharla to shoot out her gun. So I/Shulk had to go and collect said crystal all by myself. All hell broke loose before I could do so. The guy(Alvis) from earlier visions appeared and a battle with Telethia thingies ensued. Shulk was losing it and lost the Monado. Alvis picked it up and unlocked a new skill with a cool green glow(awesome I really hope there are more colors now in the future). Afterwards some conversation took place withShulk trying to find out who Alvis is but Reyn came and ruined it in a humorous way while Alvis disappears so he thought Shulk was nuts and gave him a hard time after bringing crystal back to Sharla. I was loln. Sharla did her thing and Melina woke up slapping Shulk and insulting Reyn. More laughter! Now she is in my party. Her Ether stat is through the roof! I’m at lvl 33 I think and she is well into the 300’s on Ether! That’s where I called it a night. I can’t wait to control her in battle and see what she has up her sleeve! So I will do that a bit tonight before I continue on to get to Nopon village.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I think the issue with multiple posts is if they happen in minutes, not over days.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I hope so.

Ok I have to say the more I roam Makna the more I dislike it. It is the single most disorienting place I have yet been. The tree limbs blocking view in battle, the night time blindness/bumbling are all taking a toll on me. I keep trying to mine but can’t seem to find or even see some crystals when I go to icons.

So I
    spent quite a few battles playing around with Melina. I reallyyyy like her! She makes a fantastic team up with Shulk and Reyn. The AI control for her is much better then my manual so I’m back to Shulk.

I finally got to the Tree(Nopon village). When I 1st saw that thing I thought it would be Entia(Elf) home cause ya know Elves and trees. The Nopon are.....not my favorite things. So being inside that tree was although very eye candy dazzling, was annoying as hell listening to them all and getting the “!”’s. That tree is huge and goes a long way up. I was not pleased considering my annoyance of Nopon to get one in my party. Riki’s entrance was pretty damn epic though falling from above in style only to become a volleyball getting passed around my party and ultimately slow mo spiked by an annoyed Reyn. Then Riki is knocked out while all the other Nopon throw things at him. This is where I have stopped getting control back after collecting his gear. I will play more in usual time tonight to see what this little guy does. I did see that his HP is higher then Reyn’s with gems equipped with nothing of his own yet equipped... so I’m guessing he maybe a tank? I ll find out in a few hours. Ugh so not looking forward to the in battle dialogue from this guy...

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok so at present story wise I have
    just recently beaten the main Telethia and gone back to Nopon village where the chief informs Riki that he must follow us from now on shocking Riki. I’m supposed to be going up top to start out for Sea

I’m not doing that yet though. Surprisingly I’m actually really into Riki who is a thief. He is actually pretty strong and not annoying at all. I’m just going around trying to finish up the “!” and probably do some C6 building but mostly what I’m doing is just trying to get Riki’s affinity up for gem making. He doubles every time so once I get him up high with other characters I ought to really be cranking out some upgraded and hopefully copied gems. Currently I have Dunban control with Riki and Melina AI and I’m fairly busting ass with this trio.

So worth that $50 I paid.

Was gonna get a used U just for X but someone on another board said a port to Switch is rumored. I ll be pretty happy if so as I was going to buy Switch just for 2 so I hope it’s true so I can save $ and space.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't see how they'd replicate the GamePad second screen which worked really well.

If you do see a Wii U going cheap, Bayonetta 2 is another reason to nab it - the games are insane fun, but 3-4 games does not a system success make. I do have all the Wii VC games o mine, but the Wii U stores them more efficiently and boots them up faster.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    But what about the screen on Switch? Why wouldn’t it work out the same way?

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The way XCX worked is, if you played on TV, which was pretty much mandatory given the amount of info that came up during battles - you wouldn't be able to read that on the GamePad screen, so that was used more as interactive map and for mining.

Now, I suppose you could replicate that set-up using the Switch mobile screen in combination with the TV display, but it wouldn't be a mobile one. (Though I'm sure some did play it just on Gamepad, with eye strain compulsory.)

I'd like them to find a way though as the game deserves a larger audience and the Switch should better be able to handle the 10GB patch that was applied to make the game run.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.