main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming XRGB Mini Framemeister

Discussion in 'Community' started by QuiWanKenJin, Nov 8, 2019.

1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    Can't find the video game forum (and then again it was almost always a ghost town), so I guess I'll ask this here.

I am looking for any retro gamers that currently use or have used the XRGB Mini. How well does it perform for older consoles on a 4K TV? I own a PS4 Pro, Xbox 360, Original Xbox, PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, SNES and NES. My PS4 Pro and Xbox 360 don't need any help looking good on my 4K TV. And some games on Original Xbox hooked up through component cables, don't look that bad either, but it depends on the game. Halo 2 looks great but Kotor 1 and 2 do not! The aliasing is the main problem, jaggies around most objects. Especially character faces. The poor face of Carth Onasi looks like a picasso painting. Since, it's a lot of money I just have to know from someone who is in the know.

Will the XRGB Mini help with these issues?

Does it only help if you are using Scart?

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Gaming was merged with the JCC. Moving this there, if it fits with an existing thread the mods there can merge it.

3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I've heard good things about the Framemeister, although I can't attest to it myself. If you want some in-depth upscaling comparisons, check out My Life In Gaming on YouTube. They talk about the Framemeister vs alternatives pretty extensively.

4. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    Yes, I am well aware of their channel. Most of my knowledge comes from there. But their videos do not answer specific questions. And they have already shown that they will not answer email, if someone has tech questions.