main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA ~~~Yard House LAFF Gathering, Sat. October 20 ~~~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes it was decided: October 20th is the date set for the Yard House LAFF event. The Yard House is located in beautiful Pasadena.

Yard House
    PASEO COLORADO
    330 East Colorado Blvd. Suite 230 , Pasadena, CA 91101
    Phone: (626) 577-9273

How does 6:30 sound? Post here if you're attending...

2. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'll be going with my friend Mimi. See you all then. ^_^

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Sounds like a plan!

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Inform my Star Destroyer of my arrival.

5. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Annnddd...I have to work in San Diego that weekend... aiee. But Yard House rocks, everyone have a great time!

Mary-SPJ

6. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Who is doing the quiz this time?

7. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I would do it, but I'm completely swamped with things to do as it is. Sorry.

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    So, looks like we have 4-6 people so far. If it's a small group, do we need a quiz?

9. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I might have to be on your side of the known galaxy on Saturday, so there's a possibility that I can go. I'll know more by tomorrow evening.

10. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Jay, as our new Events Chancellor, or EC, has the call on this one. I do believe that he has something up his sleeve, though! :D

11. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    As duly appointed Events Chancellor, I have decided that there will be no official quiz, but I do have secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon. As long as you consider that weapon to be a trivia - related brain teaser.

If anyone has a problem with 6:30 tomorrow, please speak now or forever hold your peace!

Hope to see you all there! And as always, there will be extra credit for anyone who shows up in a Slave Leia costume!

12. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    sorry I will not be able to make it. Previous obligations, and Red Sox game.

Please, make me proud, and some of you get a 1/2 yard of beer. They no longer sell full yards, because stupid Pasadena laws. Oh well.

13. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm there for sure! And DB, I'll make you proud and have a 1/2 Yarder in your honor.

14. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I have to work at the second job tonight, so I won't be able to make it :_|

15. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    So my family is going as well. Whether or not they eat with us is unclear at the moment.

16. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    How many people in your family, MZ? (Not counting yourself and Mimi of course)

17. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    My mom, dad, and sister.

18. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I hope you guys had a good time, heck you may even still be there. I just got home from work on my second job. My Saturday was wasted.

19. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Indeed, we were there till around 9:10 or 9:15. We had a great time, and I loved meeting VK2, as well as J_J and his son. It was also good to see S_J again.

I am proud to announce that I am the winner of the quiz, with VK2 at second place...I blew everyone else out of the water with my knowledge. :p

The food was delicviious, and we had a good time talking. I'm glad we made it.

20. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Everyone seemed to have a good time at the Yard House, and although I am not the LAFF scribe, as Events Chancellor, I will attempt to relate the details of the evening.

In attendance were:
    SJ
    VK2
    MZ and family and friend
    Myself and my older padawan

We all arrived around 6:45, which was due to tough traffic on the 101 and the wonderful downtown Pasadena Saturday night traffic.

It took 45 minutes to be seated, but no one noticed as we were all chatting and getting to know MrZap and his really nice family.

SJ did DB proud by ordering a half yard, and the rest of us enjoyed pints of beer and sodas.
    After we ordered, the quizzes were passed around. There were fifteen questions, and each answer needed to be hunted down in a word find puzzle. Much puzzling ensued before the food arrived.

After some wonderful food and delightful conversation, the quizzes were scored, and MZ astounded us all with a 14.5 out of a possible 15. He scored a ROTS Official Souvenir Guide. VK2 came in second and won a gift card from Sideshow collectibles.

And that's the way it was, Saturday, October 20, 2007

Good Night, and Good Luck. MTFBWYA, J_J signing off.

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    The rest of you got there at 6:45. I got there before 6:30. (I'm just saying, in case I'm late the next time.)

We had a great time and missed the rest of you. The restaurant was a little noisy, but very nice. The company was great! It was wonderful to meet Zap, his family & his friend Mimi (a very talented artist, by the way.)

The food was indeed delicious! SJ got this chocolate brownie a la mode desert that was a little bit of ecstasy (not the drug) on a plate. He was kind enough to share. Thanks, SJ.)

Jay did a wonderful job of organizing the event, too.

22. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

23. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah, VK2. The only thing that really bugged me was the noise. We kept on having to repeat ourselves to each other.:(

But on the whole it was a great time. I'm about a third of the way through the program, now, and I will finish the large story section later today.:D

Once again, it was great meeting you and Jay for the first time, as well as Jeremy. We all had a lot of fun talking and getting to know each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.