main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Yes, I'm still alive and in MD...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    For all who are interested, I've been terribly busy with life these past 6-8 months. When I hung out with you guys at Ren Faire back in September, I was planning to return to being involved with the GS, but life just hasn't allowed that to happen. Here's a re-cap of some of the things that have been going on so far:

* My mom passed away of pneumonia, complicated by an on-set of acute Leukemia, back in October.
    * I have had to help out with my dad since the loss.
    * I Re-established a relationship with my sister since my mom's passing.
    * I proposed to my girlfriend from St. Louis at Christmastime and will be getting married in June of this year.
    * Been working on the wedding/honeymoon plans since then. We're taking a cruise to the Mexican Riviera: Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas.

So you can imagine why I've been non-existent lately. Hopefully after the wedding and honeymoon is over and life settles down, I might be able to have time to start going to the meetings/outings. Until then, I miss you guys!

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm sorry about your mom. *hugs*

but congratulations on the wedding :)

3. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm sorry about your mom. *hugs*

but congratulations on the wedding :)

4. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks... twice. *hugs*

5. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    I'm sorry about your mother, and Congradulations on getting married.

6. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Yes, congrats...and sorrow..

7. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I wish you sincere condolences.

But, I'm happy to hear that you have an impending wedding! Congratulations! :)

Wow, you've had a lot going on in your life!

Best wishes!

8. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm sorry about your Mom, but happy about the wedding!!

9. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. It was indeed a tough loss, and rapid. She went into the hospital on a Sunday (transferred to John's Hopkins that night) and by Wednesday, we had to decide to turn off the machines. :(

Whoah!!! Zaranne, long time no hear! Still breeding/pampering Afghan hounds?

And to clarify, yes I'm still in MD, same house, same location (bright side of galaxy, planet farthest from). While the intention is to relocate to St. Louis, my company hasn't been helpful in that matter thus far and so Chris (my fiance) will be moving here sometime after the honeymoon. Easier for her to stay in her current position with boku vacation time, than move here and have no vacation time for the honeymoon.

10. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Yup, I'm still working with Afghans. My girl died a few years ago, you may remember that, but my boy is still with me. But he ended up being way too small to show (he's 3 and is about the size of a good sized 6 month old puppy). BUT, I will be getting another pup later this year, when his sister is bred. So I'll be getting back into the show ring with that one, hopefully another girl.

I'm still in SoCal, closer to the beach then ever, my daughter lives with me, and I started a new job this past February, which I love.

I still hang out at Phatooine, and visit only the Fan Force boards here, and I reinstated as a member in my Fan Force.

That's it in a nutshell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.