main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Yet Another Hypothetical: The Visitor

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

A fairly simple one this time (maybe...)

You wake up in the middle of the night and find a stranger standing in your loungeroom (or apartment, or whatever). You notice all the doors and windows are locked.
    The stranger (a male) does not try to attack you. He just stands there.

You ask him who he is, where he came from, what he wants. He doesn't answer. You ask him to leave, and he doesn't move.

What do you do?

What if he is covered in blood? Does that make a difference?

What if he finally speaks, but all he will tell you is that someone is trying to kill him. What do you do?

Finally, what if it was a woman, or a woman with a child, and they did the same thing - would that make a difference?

2. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    Turn on the light, perhaps? *shrug* I really wouldn't know unless I was put into that situation by myself. A me that is sitting in front of my computer with my cousin still awak and the heater turned on next to me would not know what loungeroom-by-myself-in-the-middle-of-the-night-encountering-a-strange-person me would think.
    Maybe i'd be too paranoid to even think?

3. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I'd tell him to get in the closet to protect himself, and securely lock the closet.

4. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I would try to find out what's going on, but I would have my baseball bat in my hands just in case. And I would stay a good 10 feet away, just to make sure they can't grab me without me having time to wail on them with Louisville goodness.

5. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I find shooting first and asking questions later is good. If it was a woman and child, I'd obviously be less inclined to shoot, but a guy in my house, get stuffed.

6. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    I'd ask him what he wanted. Then I'd do what I could do without getting 'involved' with everything.

I just watched 'The Bourne Identity'.
    *shrugs*

7. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    My apartment is very small, if I woke up and came into the lounge room, I'd walk headlong into him before I saw him. I'd prolly scream, take three steps to the kitchen and grab a knife and tell the psycho to get out of my house. If he said he was in trouble, I'd ask what kind of a way to get help is mooning about in the dark in some strangers apartment, possibly covered in blood, that may or may not be his. If he had a good answer I might let him use my phone, outside.

If it was a lady, I'd do the same. A lady and baby, the same again but rather than tell them to get out I might offer to call the police for them, while still holding my knife, to make sure the baby wasn't kidnapped or something.

8. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I would tell Morpheus to go back into the Matrix, and I would take the blue pill.

9. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I probably would have knocked them out before I got to the question asking stage. I've got less than average vision and a terribly over-active imagination.

So yeah, I'd probably lay them out as a purely reflex action.

Ain't no damn abyssal demon gunna be standin' around in my house at night!

(VERY overactive imagination... and yes, I have imagined all manner of demons, zombies and other creatures of the night to be in my house at some stage or another)

10. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Think I was still asleep, wish I had a male living at my house and call the cops.

Maybe I'd ask him what was going on, how he ended up in my house and what he wanted me to do.

Who knows, I probably would scream and hide in a corner or something, I guess with something like this it would depend on how you were feeling at the time. And just how active your imagination is.

Mine is overactive.

11. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Tell them to lie face down on the floor and we'll take it from there.

If they don't comply immediately then subdue them by any means possible and call the police.

I guess I am a little more open minded on this one as my brother did end up in someone's laundry cos people were chasing him and wanting to do him some very serious damage, but he was sensible enough to do everything he was told when he got busted there.

I'm willing to listen but if you're in my house then it's on my terms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.