main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Yet another thread about a tv show most of you haven't seen

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -luigi-, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Yep, I'm talking Firefly again because I know there's at least a couple of you that know it's greatness.

Apparantly as part of the deal of Fox handing over the rights to Universal to make the movie was that they were not aloud to make another tv series for at least 5 years.

And there you go, yet another reason to hate Fox.

2. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    there's got to be at least one person interested in this? (besides me) :p

3. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I didn't think I needed to air my opinions on Fox's decisions regarding television shows and such.

They are not for the ears of any children present. :eek:

4. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm sure, but what about the fact that there's almost no chance of Firefly being a series again? :(

5. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    One word... Telemovies! Does the contract prevent that?
    And just think... We could have two big budget movies before they do another series. That'd be worth it. :D

6. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    I think it does preclude telemovies aswell :(

I'm just not sure that they'll want to do another series in five years.

7. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Channel Ten are advertising Jake 2.0 starting soon.

8. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    really? that's weird.

It was axed after 13 eps in the states and only 17 were made. It's a great show though, just don't get turned off by the first ep.

9. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Too late she cried! :eek:

10. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    If I recall correctly, you only saw the first ten minutes?

11. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ....so should I bother watching Jake 2.0 or not? Can I have yays or nays please?

12. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Casual and I are the only ones here that watch it and we both think it's a good show.

The first ep is by no means an accurtate representation of the show. David Greenwalt (co-creator od Angel with Joss Whedon) took over the running of the show after the pilot and you can really tell the difference, for one his annoying best friend and room-mate mysteriously moves to another state between the first and second episode (I'm not joking). they also get rid of the crappy love interest (even though she still appears in the credits??), I think Greenwalt realised that smart chicks are so much more sexy. :D

and the Lee Majors episode kciks arse!

13. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Episodes of Now and Again, are being shown on Fox 8... another show unfortunately cancelled after only one season. Treads similar water to Jake 2.0, un-assuming guy gets a body upgrade to super hero. Whilst Jake 2.0 uses nano-tech(quick, I think Nyder heard me), Now and Again uses biological means. In both cases, especially Now and Again, I am still at a loss as to why they were cancelled.

14. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Jake 2.0 rulz!!

"Let's pop it!" LMFAO [face_laugh]

And in Sliders' old time slot. [face_dancing]

15. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Well I just finished watching the last episode of Jake 2.0 and I have to say that it just kept getting better, god I hate American Networks :(.

16. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Surely there would be a market for that sort of thing on Cable at least?

17. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Of course there's a market, and don't call me Shirley.

Some shows made it syndication by ending their last season (or two) on Cable..

But it's been how long since Jake 2.0 finished in the US? Too long to be picked up for another season? Way too long to go until Syndication, anyway. :(

So Luigi, you said the second episode was quite different from the Pilot...?

18. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Some shows made it syndication by ending their last season (or two) on Cable

The only show I can think of that ever did that was Stargate. Plenty have tried (Firefly, Wonderfalls, Angel) but most get rejected.

Lots of shows have become successful on cable after they have been axed but they usualy never make new episodes.

Gooba, the rest of the show is pretty much all about the NSA. They get rid of all the other crap (like his best friend and annoying love interest).

19. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Universal have announced the release date for Serenity (the Firefly movie), April 22nd 2005.

Mark the date in your calendars now!

20. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    What d'ya reckon Joss meant by 'Mal's death scene'? Didn't he already die once in War Stories? Surely Joss wouldn't kill, and bring him back again.

21. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Me thinks he was joking, considering his distaste for spoilers.

22. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Finally the rest of Australia can witness the genius that is 'Firefly' :D

Rejoice!

23. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Well I thought it was exiting o_O

Anyway here's the first post by Nathan Fillion on the Serenity Blog

I can?t promise you a weekly thing, the schedule keeps me on my toes and I type slowly. However, here?s a bit of a blog for you.

First day of filming for me is not the first day of filming overall. That honor was Sean?s and Summer?s. But all were present when we arrived in the desert out by the old abandoned mine to begin what will be two weeks of exterior shooting. I can?t tell you how it warmed my heart to seethe cast not only together (I?ve seen that a couple of times since the show?s demise), but in costume as well. Jewel looks great in a version of her old green work overalls (has she gotten taller?). Sean is appropriately overdressed for what we are doing out there. Adam?s T-shirt designs and gun belts will have the fans in a tizzy, I?m sure- he looks too cool for words. Ron has had a minor overhaul and reminds me of a native american Shaman, a logical twist. Summer looks both etherial and eerie (I hope I spelled those words correktlee) walking- no, drifting about. Alan looks both relaxed and tough in his new togs and has the best footwear of all of us. Morena, of course, is Morena. One look is never quite enough. It is easy to imagine the high class she occupies in the ?verse of Firefly. Gina fuses supermodel and badass in an outfit tailored to her physique. She?s been working out, you?ll see.

I couldn?t be happier. Everyone has slipped right back in where we left off, but there is a difference. There is some kind of special magic in the ressurection. We all feel it. We are back in a way the series never could be. I have a glad heart when I watch Joss talking to the ship?s crew. I can only look at him and smile. I smile a lot these days. More even than I thought I would. Thank you Joss. Thank you Universal. Thank you crew. Thank you cast. Thank you cast especially for laughing at all the same old crappy material I used to use.

Captain Tightpants

24. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    ****ing sweet!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.