main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Yip Yip!" Avatar - the Last Airbender

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oooo, yay!! I wrote the second one down on my holiday list :D

The last one I saw was the one where they fought the princess and her two friends off from the Earth city.

What really excites me most about this is the world that's been built up. I can't really describe why, except that my fantasy-loving mind just can't get over it :D

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I need to put those on my own Xmas list for me too.:p

Yeah i love the world too and i make sure i DVR it when it comes on. So i have alot of episodes now but not in order. LOL:p

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I just saw Return to Omashu. Sweet Jeebus! King Bumi is teh shiznit!

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Saw two last friday. Is Jek really dead??? That would be so sad!! But if KItara gets together with the prince . . . I think I'd laugh :D

Also, why is the end of the season in December? Are they still going to have the show on after the new year? Is the date of the season finale this coming Friday (the first) or is it the next (the 8th)?

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I think it's this friday, an hour long season finale.

What do you think the next season is going to be called: Fire or Air?

6. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    It will be fire.

The avatar cycle is Water, Earth, Fire, Air.

IIRC Season 3 will start sometime late spring.

7. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    That makes sense.

8. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    My pet theory is that Zuko (with some assistance from Iroh) will complete Aang's firebender training....

9. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I like that theory.

10. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    I just got myse-errr...I mean...my son :p [face_shhh] the "Water" boxed set as an early Christmas present.

11. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    That's exactly what I've been thinking for a while now.

12. khabarakh23

khabarakh23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2005
    Anyone else get a bit creeped by all the romance? none of them are over 18, I have nightmares of their being a baby

13. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    You were a teenager once, right? Ragin' hormones & all....

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I like that theory :D

And, speaking as a teenager, that kind of romance is perfectly normal (except if you go to a school where are the boys are mean :( ) and in fantasy (at least, in the books) people tend to get married younger (think Middle Ages in Europe).

Okay, this weekend. What time? I need to tape it at a house that has cable . . .

15. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I was thinking that too. Zuko has been going through some changes and probably next season he will be a bit more relaxed and forget about his honour being restored. Atleast im hoping he does.:p

16. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Depends where you are, All I know is that it's 8:00 pacific time.

17. khabarakh23

khabarakh23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2005
    As Aang is the last airbender surely he will have to train new airbenders or else there'll be none left to train the new Avatar

18. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    ^^ That would likely be part of the plot of Book Four: Air.

If I were to hazard a guess, Book Three: Fire will end with Zuko teaching Aang and helping to depose Fire Lord Ozai. Book Four (assuming the series lasts) would have Azula as the primary villain, or perhaps the Fire Nation splits, and there are two factions, one led by Zuko, the other by Azula....

19. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Thats sounds right to me. Azula will never come around, she has in for Zuko and Aang.:p

Well if he is the last then hethere are no more unless he has children in the future.[face_thinking]

112yrs old is his clock ticking.:p

20. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    I'm finally catching up on Avatar episodes I've missed, currently watching "Bitter Work".

Loving Iroh's comment to Zuko about Azula of "no, she's crazy and needs to go down".

I totally love Toph, she rocks. Pun intended.

21. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    "Well if he is the last then hethere are no more unless he has children in the future."

I don't think the bending talent is necessarily genetic. There may well be all manner of folk who have the potential to be Airbenders, but there's no one to teach them.

Just saw most of Tales of Ba Sing Se and Appa's Lost Days back-to-back. Momo's Tale was the very touching, especially after learning just how close he was to finding Appa. Also, did I understand correctly that Iroh's son died during the seige of Ba Sing Se?

Nice homage to Digital Underground and rapper Humpty Hump during Sokka's Tale:

My name is Sokka
    Pronounced with an "okka"
    And ladies, I just rocked 'ya

My name is Humpty
    Pronounced with an "umpty,"
    And ladies,
    Oh how I'd like to bump thee

22. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    It's fun to do that rap with names.

That's right my name's Twinky
    it's pronounced with an Inky.
    and boys, I'm not stinky.

It so works.

23. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    For your edification!

While there is a questionable genetic component behind bending, there is a heavily spiritual one. According to the creators, every air nomad was a bender. As the societies grow though bending becomes rarer as a percent. My guess is it's roughly like this.

Iroh's son did die during the seige, however the exact sequence of events is unknown. From flash backs, I would assume he broke through the walls, his son died, then he lost heart and was pushed back out.

Also, for anyone interested, the first 2 minutes of the Guru is up on TurboNick Click buzz, then click on Aangs face.

Happy Zuko is creeping me out.

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I really love the character development in the Avatar. I think its the best i have seen in a long time. Iroh seems lazy but he is much wiser than Zuko gives him credit. Also i love Sokka the player. He seems to meet girls in villages and falls for them easy. LOL Appa's Lost days was great. He went through alot during his journey and im sure we will see more of it next season too. Poor Appa.:(

Is Azula just an evil little firebender. She has no remorse. Hey does anyone know what happened to Zuko and Azula's mother. I think i missed it. Was she killed or just taken away from Zuko for protecting him?

25. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    What exactly happened with Ursa and the rise of Fire Lord Ozai remains a mystery. Several equally plausible possibilities present themselves and my assumption is that Zuko will spend the next season finding out and then leading, perhaps a traditionalist revolt against his Father's Fire-centric world view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.