main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[YJCC] Parody Threads

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Sith_Wench, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    In keeping with the Post Drama of censorhip, fascism and other grave issues I come to you the issue of Parody threads in the YJCC.

In the long history of the YJCC parody threads have been locked upon detection. Yet today an exception to that rule has been made. Snowball and EBS's Hottie Wars is now being parodied by Ignant and AYBABTU's Male Hottie Wars and according to the first post:

Darth_Ignant
    Date Posted: 5:30am Subject: ~The Official Ignant and AYBABTU's Male Hottie Wars~
    Mod sanctioned, see Kate.

In the interest of equality now ladies and gay guys get to discuss hotness of the male species.

Katya Jade has given the ok to make a parody thread.

If it is ok for this thread to be made, why not others? Why can't everyone have their own personal "What I had for lunch today thread?".

Past SOP has been that a thread like this would be closed and directed to the existing thread. And yet it remains open even thought the YJCC moderators are well aware of its existence as they have posted in it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

malkie edit see my final post

2. robbie_20002002

robbie_20002002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2004
    I'm going to wait and see what happens. I'm betting there will be a few Comms regulars crawling over this thread in seconds.

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    1) It isn't a parody thread
    2) Shouldn't you PM the mod(admin) involved before brining it to Comms ?

To clarify it not being a parody thread :- we have a Band Name Game thread, and a Movie Name Game thread which exist because they are separate entities.

Would you consider those parodies ?

4. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    There's a difference between a parody thread and a companion thread. One thread is dedicated to females (presumably), while the others is dedicated to males.

I fail to see the parody aspect, except for the mirroring of the title.

5. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004
    The fact is the whole thread was created as a bait towards me. However, we all know the double standard will continue, thus ******** about it does no good.

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    How is the thread a bait? You created your OWN hottie thread as a bait knowing the posts you make.

7. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    The fact is the whole thread was created as a bait towards me.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the baiting there - can you help me understand it please. It is a perfect example of a campanion thread (as Bob accurately describes it). Ignant started the thread with some very good examples.

8. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    Earlier this year there was the "Post a picture of a half naked woman and watch the fanboys come running". A companion thread to that was made by a female user and it was shut down on the basis that it was a parody thread. Eventually the title of the original thread was changed to include male and female pictures.

If Ignant and AYBABTU's thread is a companion thread, then based on the past actions of the YJCC moderators the thread should be closed and continued in the already existing, established thread by Snowball and EBS.

Shouldn't you PM the mod(admin) involved before brining it to Comms ?

A PM was sent. Just because I didn't send it doesn't mean procedure wasn't followed. :)

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Why not combine the threads?

10. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    A PM was sent. Just because I didn't send it doesn't mean procedure wasn't followed.

No, proceedure wasn't followed. You are bringing into question a single action of a single moderator (admin) - thats for PMs. If you are unhappy with the answer then take it to the Head Admin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.