main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Yjn mascot

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Kazama, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazama

Kazama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    It seems that Nick has chosen YJN's new mascot. Not that I think that the idea of the dead bird is a bad idea or anything, but I feel that the rest of the club should have some input. Please feel free to suggest any other ideas, or thoughts, before we decide as a group.

I'll start with my idea. I thought Dana (Java_Jedi) did an awesome job with her Jedi cat she gave Stef on her birthday. That may also by a great mascot.

///_~

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Well, I've told quite a few people about this since the day of the lineup. It's not some major deal. This is some running joke, like Foo-Foo the Goth Bunny, the TLL Mascot. No need for a huge matter surrounding something like this. This could have gone in the thread that is related to this very same matter.

3. Kazama

Dec 20, 2001
    Well, most of us did not know anything about this. We would all like to be a part of this. If choosing the mascot is not such a big deal, then why is naming it? I think we should still circulate ideas, after all this will represent all of us in YJN.

///_9

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Frankly, I don't mind the idea of a bird as a "mascot". We even have, apparently, a few contenders for it.

This is really something that is better discussed at a meeting, where most of us are in a room, and can see the mascot contenders.

I'm going to request that this topic and the name of the mascot topic gets locked for now, until we have a real meeting and can discuss the idea in person with everyone.

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I think we can leave it open for FRIENDLY discussion.

I for one find having a dead bird as a moscot rather odd, but then again I do like the name "WingNut". :)

6. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    You really want to promote that "Wing nut" was first in our line...? I for one don't like that name, but I really don't care what our mascot is.

7. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm not to fond of the name "Wing-Nut" Reminds me of someone I don't want to remember. . . ..

Shaden *^_^*

8. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    It's just named Wingnut because he's got wings, and a little in-joke.

9. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    How about "KITTY"? :D

10. Kazama

Dec 20, 2001
    LOL I was waiting for that. =^._.^=
    ///_~

11. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY

:D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D

12. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    For Deb...

How about:
    A) Raccoon
    B) Raccoon
    C) Raccoon

13. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Since it's a dead bird, Kitty would confuse the, uh.... normal people here.

Wait a second....

14. Kazama

Dec 20, 2001
    Remember, the club has not actually decided what the mascot is going to be.

For example, KITTY would be a great idea for a Nexu mascot.

///_^

15. Darth_Slitherous

Darth_Slitherous Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Well, well, well.
    Fanboy's dead bird sure has opened up a can of worms.

16. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    For Chris:

What is it?
    What is it?
    What is it?

:D

(*smartass)

17. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    But we've got a mascot already, I didn't exactly start the topic to announce the new "mascot". There were no intentions on having some enormous matter involving votes. This isn't something we're going to have brought to official charity events, painted on our banner or put on our site, etc. Just like Foo-Foo. You don't see him in many places, besides inside Tragic's Jacket or squished in a scanner. Now a couple of people are dismissing my idea and are Kitty fanatics or something. Well maybe some people don't think that relates to the club or something. I just created this mascot because he was first in line. I find that more symbolic, even for something as silly as a mascot to bring to social events.

18. Kazama

Dec 20, 2001
    Hmmm, even the fact that naming the mascot was suppose to be a group effort. Why now that you have found one name you like, thats its name. So what if there are kitty fanatics, by the looks of it there are also wingnut fanatics yet you like that idea...im just curious.
    ///_~

19. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    I was just asking for some ideas for a name, not a voting system. I liked the suggestion of Wingnut and that became the name.

20. Kazama

Dec 20, 2001
    Why do you think you should make this decision? Everyone should have apart in this. I don't beleive that is fair you just took the first idea you liked and that was the end of it.
    ///_x

21. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    THis had been discussed with other people there was no problem with it. As I had posted numerous times before, this was just some mascot that would be carried around to social events. I wish people would actually read that. It's not as important as some people think, so they shouldn't make it such a huge concern. Nothing's stopping Steffany from bringing her cute Jedi Cat to events, making at a mascot of some kind. So stop treating this as some official matter. Keep that in mind so you won't insisting that everything ever done by anyone in the club must have all members consulted and vote to have a part. There are instances in which voting or having everyone involved is not pertinent.

22. Darth_Slitherous

Darth_Slitherous Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    "I love democracy".

23. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Read above... This isn't an important matter. Come on, you didn't hear people voting on Foo-Foo. That proves how unimportant this matter is. Yet there are some still upset about a mascot to bring to social events! Anyone else can bring an animal or alien deely and call it a mascot as well. Nothing's stopping them. Calm down and leave it be. I'm glad that people weren't so belligerent towards me when I told them about them back at the party and other times I talked to people a while ago. Why don't we vote on whether or not I should bring Epic Duels to my party?

24. Kazama

Dec 20, 2001
    LOL at Slitherous!
    The thing I don't understand is how come you started a thread for its name, but when you could have just talked among your friends about it. It seems perfectly clear that any
    other ideas that have been suggested to you, you have put down.

Epic duels does not represent the club silly.

///_o

25. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Drop it, okay? I started a thread because some people were online and I asked for a few suggestions. That's the purpose of topics: talking about things! Just as meaningful as any other out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.