main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Niagara, ON Yjn mascot

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Kazama, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazama

Kazama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    Some people....but not all eh?
    ///_^

2. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Your kind of contradicting yourself with this one Nick. You say that this is a forum for discussion and yet you do not wish to discuss. Eryn just brought up a point that a FEW people of the club said they liked the idea of a dead bird mascot and she figured if there were to be a mascot, it would be a group decision. You of course got your socks in a knot because that's not what you had in mind. Same goes with the name. Just because someone said a name first doesn't mean that should be it.

Just open up to broader ideas.

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Ok "color" stepping in!!!!!

Nick answer the questions.

1) Are you looking for a club mascot?

2) Is this YOUR mascot or the clubs?
    (If it is the clubs mascot everyone should, and will, have an opinion and it will count towards the final decision.)

3) Are you looking for a name for YOUR dead bird or are you looking for a name for a future mascot (that is yet to be determined by the club)?

Nick, if this mascot is for the club, in the light of recent opinions and feelings towards this, the best course of action would be to open a new thread for suggestions. Once you have a few (3-4) suggestions create a poll for those to vote on.

Then, once that is done, ask for suggestions for a name and vote again.

If the mascot (dead bird) is your personal club mascot, I think that asking opinions on the board was a time bomb waiting to go off. I understand your intentions and I do think some took offence when there was no need. But lets find a solution that benefits all.

(NO ONE ELSE POST TO THIS THREAD TILL NICK MAKES A DESICION AND LETS US KNOW WHAT HIS INTENTIONS ARE.)

4. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Whatever, make a poll. Doesn't matter to me. I just wanted a mascot since the bird was the first in line (kind of a neat symbol), but no one seems to care. Nobody seems to like listening to me. You might as well make a poll.

5. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Did I miss something? Why is everyone so upset? Man, it's a stuffed bird for cryin' out loud!! I thought you wanted ideas for names and I thought KITTY was a good one for a dead bird. It's irony, don't you see that? If you don't like it, fine. I do, but I won't get my pants in a bunch if you don't choose it. I was being serious with my idea, so don't cut me down for that either. Can't you people ever just have fun? Why does everything have to be a big deal, and everyone getting upset when others don't agree? I have just about had enough with all this childish behaviour!! Everyone just take a deep breath and step back and just have fun with each other. Stop the bickering!!!! I thought we were all friends. Can we please start acting like it?

6. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    It was just that I, among others favoured Wingnut. Now people don't seem to like dead birds, rather kitties, which weren't involved in the Episode II lineup. I told a few people since the lineup that he's our new "mascot", but people basically said "No, I like cats, therefore our mascot must be a cat" Then people seemed to just love disputing with me, so I don't feel like caring about it anymore.

7. Darth_Slitherous

Darth_Slitherous Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    [image=http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/special/platzner/deadf.jpg]

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Nick - "I told a few people since the lineup that he's our new "mascot"..."

I think that was the problem Nick.
    I believe if there is to be a club mascot the entire group should have a say in what it is.

I like the idea of a mascot and I also think you are the man to spearhead and take the lead on this.

We always need good leadership.

9. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Fine then, I've been waiting for people to throw out ideas on this thread but so far it's just been 2 or so saying Kitty. I thought I was the only one in this matter but I don't care about it anymore. The idea of voting on an in-joke never appealed to me. This bickering is pointless and doesn't help our image.

10. -SANBAS-

-SANBAS- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/foofoo.jpg]

FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!!
    FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!

OOOoooo... blood and brains and pink and squishy in my hands.

11. -SANBAS-

-SANBAS- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Tragic thinks I'm weird.

Of course you people are naming a dead bird KITTY...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.