main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON YJN - NICK RING MEMORIAL

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    YJN - Nick Ring Memorial
    Place: Masonic Hall (23 Centre Street, St Catharines)
    Date: Saturday, July 12th, 2008
    Time: 3:00pm

As you have noticed I?ve had to change the gathering place from our house to the Masonic Hall. It will allow for a greater number of people, and it will be easier to hold a slightly more streamlined day and address the parking issue.

Flowers/Cards ? Mr. And Mrs. Ring have requested that instead of flowers and/or cards, we collect that money and put it towards a charity that will be named at a later date, in Nick?s name. There will be a gift box set up by the front door for donations to be placed in.

Memory Book ? Instead of giving the Rings multiple sympathy cards, Deb and I have picked up a small lined album that will be passed around on Saturday. We are asking that everyone take the time to think of a small story, or memory, of Nick that you can share. The book will then be given to the Ring family the following week at the Formal Nick Ring Memorial on July 19th (Formal announcement to come Wednesday)

Time - We are also asking that everyone please be at the hall by 3pm, please try not to be late. I have asked that Graeme and his parents come to the hall shortly after we have all arrived. I thought it would be a better idea to have Graeme and his parents tell everyone at once, in their own words, what had happened at the hospital, and the last few minutes prior the Nicks death. This will prevent the Rings from having to tell the events multiple times.

Moment of Silence/Final Thoughts - At some point in time we will hold a moment of silence for Nick. Then after if anyone wishes to say a few words they would be welcome to do so. If you would like to say a few words, please message me back, so I know how many there will be and the time that we need to allot.

Dinner ? We will all chip in $5-$10 for pizza. But we are asking everyone to bring their own beverages (water is a good suggestion, not just pop). Beyond that lets try to have a variety of other items, we don?t want 50 bags of chips. Salads, cheese and/or meat platters, desserts, and a FEW varieties of chips would be best. Please let Debby or I know what you plan to bring and we will let others know so we don?t end up with too much of the same things.

If anyone has any questions or requests for Saturday, please contact Debby or I.

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I will be with you in thoughts.

Thanks for doing this Chris, Sometimes I just wish I could "blow" everything else and just show up where I'd like to be when I'd need to be.

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Hello all...

Just an update regarding who is bringing what..SO FAR.

Deb and Chris - Our Nacho Dip
    Dana and Chris (and family) - Cheese and Crackers
    Laurie (and family) - Sushi
    Steph C. - Couple bags of chips
    Crazy Mike - Sandwich plater
    Bayley - Garden Salad

Please contact me so I can add/update the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.