main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON YJN Special Interest Costume Group

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jymm_Roquand, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Ok so yes we are a Star Wars fan. But many of us enjoy things outside oft he world of Star Wars. I know for a fact several people have expressed interest in costuming outside of Star Wars.

I myself am Really Really Really wanting to make a full Ghostbusters Outfit.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has any wishes to create other costumes and if other people would like to discuss ideas.

Any takers?

2. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I make anime costumes. It's the only kind of costume that I make by myself.

3. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Well, there's this Lord Of The Rings convention coming up next December, and I already have the patterns and material to do an Eowyn and an Arwen costume... :D

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Like Laurie, I am also looking to make a LOTR costume :)

I'd be intrested.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Jim (or is it Bobby?):

Look here for a Ghostbusters costume discussion.

6. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Another good place to check would be the [link="http://www.rpf.prop-planet.com]Replica Props Forum[/link]. I know some of the people on those boards have made everything from the traps to the proton packs to the jumpsuits.

Hope that helps and good luck!

7. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I am looking to make a Mike Nelson and/or Joel Robinson costume, complete with the bots :D

8. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Sounds really cool!!! I know I am planning to try my hand at the "Dark Magician" form Yu-Gi-Oh for Mike for Halloween.

9. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Not that I am YJN ;)

Well I want an Aragorn costume...for now :)

10. Kazama

Kazama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    Anime North is coming up and i gotta get finished my stuff ^_^

///_~

11. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Dark Magician, cool. Too bad I'm too modest to wear a Dark Magician Girl costume, although it's not much worse than a skating dress. Maybe I could do Mystical Elf or Witch of the Black Forest...

(ok, now you know I'm a little too obsessed with Yugioh)

Many of you have seen my first attempt at a generic Elf dress...

12. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Even though I am not as interested in LOTR as many others, I would like to make a Ringwraith costume. Once we get a vacuforming table done.

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Actually, the costume I'd most like to replicate is McGonnigal's from Harry Potter, I would have loved to be one of the extras from Diagon Alley. That or one of Marian's dresses from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. I've already made a Gone With the Wind costume a few times. You should have seen me skating in a carnival wearing a hoopskirt! I just had a hard time getting on and off the ice.

14. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    What Ringwraith parts do you need made using a vaccuform table, Graeme?....the horse? 8-}

15. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    The armour - the legs and the arms.

16. Kazama

Kazama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    Why a Ringwraith? You should do a hobbit costume you already have hobbit hair 8-}

///_~

17. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    lol, id be happy with some kind of monster from monsters inc, got the hard hat already, got a spare if someone wants to trade or something for it. if anyone wants to go that route. I got them direct from disney, since I work in the building they have offices in and I randomly get neat stuff.

18. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    COOL! :) What kind of other stuff have you got??

19. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    well not too much right now, demo movies which are full movies but have a warning across the bottom, thats how i got reign of fire and Jay and silent bob strikes back, I gave lots of these away before but you might of knew this cuss I brought one of them with me to the wine parade. Got a got a peter pan treasure chest (cardboard) sitting on my Monsters inc locker(cardboard and metal) and tucked inside is the talking mike wasowski I got from them. I gave away the monsters inc game of life I got. I also got a face hugger alien car window suction toy here somewhere.

20. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    LOL @ Kazama. Graeme definatly has Hobbit hair :)

Ideally I'd like the following Costumes;

Generic Jedi maybe, Episode 2 Anakin, Episode 6 Luke ;) And Strider/Aragorn...for now :)

21. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    LOL he does have hobbit hair :)
    I'm aiming to do a LOTR one for the convention in December, an Arwen or an Eowyn - I have a few favourites!

22. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm glad sewing is a stress release for me, or I'd be going crazy... but you should see my bedroom... material, patterns, half finished costumes and dresses spilling out of the closet, sewing machine parts all over the place, odds and ends wherever I can find a place to set them down... I need a two bedroom appartment just to make one of the rooms a sewing room! (My mom always had one in our house)

23. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    My LOTR costume wil have to wait for spetember. I have a temp SW one so my efforts will be placed on working on a GB costume for the summer. :D

24. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    well, I had to make a Snow White costume for work (dress up day) and it wasn't bad, you can tell it's Snow White, but I'm still not happy with it. I want to make one of the Handmaiden dresses from Ep1, but I don't know how to dye velvet without ruining it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.