main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yo Joe! SF*2009 Group Costume Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by LadyoftheMandalore, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All,

It has been awhile since I decided to take the time to get on and post. GREAT JOB to all!!! I had fun as always. And I agree not to shabby for throwing a costume together on a Thursday before the con. LMAO Anywho I will try and get on more often to catch up with everyone.

Later Days...

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    It was great seeing you again=)

3. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    It was great to see you too.....and everyone else, once a year is not nearly enough time though...

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
  5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Are you going to upload the videos somewhere?

6. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Gotta show the funky chicken to my co-workers...

[face_laugh]

7. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff64/darthhair/starfest%202009/

here they are, i dont know how to rotate the video.

8. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i love the "are you taking video?" in the 3rd one and the dyslexic mod and city-rep in the 4th

9. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Okay... Firefly doing the Chicken Dance is freakin' hilarious!!!! [face_laugh]

10. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    lmao! that was hilarious!

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Since I wasn't able to get any pictures of you guys, and you all did such a good job on the costumes, I'd like to find a place & time to do a photoshoot for you & your Joe costumes.

I have 9' wide seamless paper in white and black, and it makes for some phenomenal photos. I also have 12' wide white cloth if we need it for full group photos, or we can do those outside.

All I need is for the shoot is someone with a basement of a large room that could host. Ideally, it needs to be about 12' wide and 20 feet deep. The panel room we were in was a smidge shallow and I took some group pics from outside the doors. I might be able to use my clubhouse at my apartment, I'll check it out and see if it will fit.

[image=http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Nsy9Ry9bVy4/Se3TOSGsYEI/AAAAAAAAeFo/fxlw0VTsCRE/s400/Starfest_general_2009_pics_0345.JPG]

[image=http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Nsy9Ry9bVy4/Se3TXJ9gt6I/AAAAAAAAeHg/eRqSiktTd8M/s400/Starfest_general_2009_pics_0377.JPG]

[image=http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Nsy9Ry9bVy4/Se3TtbDmhOI/AAAAAAAAeNA/nEib2sGtjHA/s400/Starfest_general_2009_pics_0441.JPG]

So would there be interest in doing a full shoot of your GI Joe costumes?

12. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd like to try to coordinate a shoot at WOTR. :D

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    [face_thinking] That might just be big enough. ;) [face_mischief]

Could we use the F-14 as a backdrop? Especially if it were possible to pull it out so it's not so cramped in there with the other planes. (I know, probably a logistical nightmare, but it would look SOOOO cool!!!) I always loved playing with that and the aircraft carrier playset as a kid.

If so, could this be coupled with a future meeting, like August or September or something so we could get max participation?

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    That would be fun :D But I would have to dye my hair again or keep it red for many, many months? Not sure about that.

15. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    unless i get a new wig i am not doing it. LOL. :)

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Who else really liked SC as a fiery red head?

=D=

17. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I think your hair looks HAWT red, Kim! I do suppose Jeff could veto us all, tho'. :(

18. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    If you need me to do it sooner, then LMK. I will check the clubhouse and see if there is room. If so, I could do the shoot on a weeknight or next weekend. I just can't do May 1-3.

19. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'd like that. I didn't get the chance to try the complete costume on until I had it at the hotel, and there are some modifications I think it needs after seeing the photos. I do plan on using it again!

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    *ROTFL* That's great! It looks like you guys had soooo much fun. (And I didn't know videos could be uploaded to photobucket. Cool.)

SC's red hair looks great - but shorter? Did you get it cut, or is it just the styling?

21. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    :eek: Holy carp! New GI Joe cartoons online! Cobra Commander's just... wow. I don't remember him being like that.

EDIT: Would help if I posted the link... http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25059520b3d89e0120b49221340025

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Are you watching GI Joe Resolute? If so, it rocks! Very nice!

Gotta love it when they destroy Moscow just to prove they're not farting around. Plus, people actually get killed. Even poor Bazooka.

So, I did check the clubhouse at my apartment. It is big enough to do a shoot. Is there enough interest to warrant doing a shoot? I can do a poll thread if needed. But I have several Saturdays in may that are open if you want to do it now.

23. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Yeah, GI Joe: Resolute. Crazy stuff!

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    well that makes me a little less inclined to watch it now.

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It's actually really well done. Better than most cartoons I've seen in a while. And it has a good feel to it --a good mix of how the old cartoon was, and enough realism (if you can call it that). And lots of the proverbial red shirts get killed. What's not to like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.