main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda Anthology Film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rax, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Nah, just give us Kenobi, then give us what Rian Johnson is doing, take a break from the 'A Star Wars story' films, from there, come back to Boba Fett after Rian's trilogy.

If The Last Jedi does great at the box office, they might move up his first film of the new trilogy a year after Episode IX in 2020.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree with most of this, but actually I'd prefer they wait a few years before starting Rian's new trilogy. I wouldn't mind seeing at least a couple spinoffs before that. It would give us a nice break before starting a whole new saga. Then, after like 4 or 5 years we embark on that new journey with a trilogy of all new characters and story...

3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I don't have much interest in a Yoda anthology film, but if it's made, it must be Frank Oz or nothing. Tom Kane has been serviceable filling in for the role, but only that.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    ....Although, Yoda may have sounded different when he was younger...

"When 900 years old YOU reach, speak as good YOU will not!" :p

I'm not saying he would sound unrecognizable, but there are many individuals who's voices (regardless of why) sound much different as the decades go by. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, just to name two. Jeff Bridges is another good example of this.

Another voice actor could work IMO...

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Even Jame Earl Jones... you can hear the passage of time on his voice in Rogue One.

Is their Voice De-aging tech?

I've long thought that a Boba Fett movie could be a sequel to the Solo movie. Same set of actors, belonging to the same sub-Universe.
    So in the same way, a Yoda movie could be a sequel to the Kenobi movie. Escaped Jedi, on adventures while trying to keep under cover and looking out for Luke and Leia.

6. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    A perfect opportunity to do an Old Republic movie but with a OT/PT/VIII cameo character, Yoda Movie, a 800 hundreds old dude

7. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    As much as I would love to see Yoda at a younger time, I like the mystique that surrounds him and would hate to lose that. Plus, he looked a little odd to me in TLJ, so the trick will be how he is portrayed, almost certainly CGI. I think the most we will ever get is a film several centuries in the past, where Yoda is featured prominently but not the central lead. Would love to see a movie where Yoda is a new minted Jedi knight.

8. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I would love a Yoda film, however, I do hope it's a focused story and does not take away from the mystery of the character. I'm one of those who does NOT need to know every aspect of his history. If they do a film on Yoda, keep his species and origin a mystery. There's nine hundred years of his life :)

9. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Too late for that, because TCW has him draw his light saber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.