main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda Fan Ficition Ideas

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by RKMeibalane, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    After seeing Attack of the Clones, I have felt compelled to write an action/adventure story that focuses on Yoda. The idea itself is not a bad one. Yoda is an extremely interesting character, one who always seems to hold the attention of fans when he is on screen. However, I've found that the challenge with writing Yoda-related stories has to do with the fact that not much is known about him, and so, it is difficult to decide on an appropriate fanfiction plot for his character, one that is both believeable and interesting to read.

The following Yoda story ideas have occurred to me as I've thought about what to write:

Yoda Origin Story

This would, in my opinion, be one of the most difficult fanfics for any author to put together. At the time of his death, Yoda was approximmately nine hundred years old. That means that anyone writing his life story would need to synthesize enough information to fill in the first eight hundred years of his existence. The last several years are comprised primarily of the Star Wars films, so most of that information has already been provided by George Lucas. I wonder if Brendan Wahlberg would be interested in writing this. :)

Yoda During the Clone Wars

I actually started a story like this during the summer, but didn't get far with it. The plot revolved around the idea that a member of the Jedi Order who sought to put an end to the Clone Wars would begin selling military secrets to the Separatists. Due to the dwindling number of availible Jedi to undertake missions, Yoda decides to investigate the matter himself.

Yoda's Early Years

This, too would be a challenge. Most of Yoda's history is unknown to us, so even a story that encompases a short period of time would require the generation of a large amount of information. The Republic that existed at the time of Yoda's youth was probably much different from that seen in the Prequel Trilogy. The Jedi Order was different, as well. None of the characters familiar to us, expect for perhaps Yaddle or Even Pell, existed during Yoda's younger years.

Basically, I have long wanted to write a Yoda-related story, but never found the the right storyline for him. I guess what I'm asking the rest of you is whether anyone has other ideas. There must be something either myself or someone else could do with Yoda's character. I just haven't found what that is, yet.

Thanks for reading!

2. R2D1000

R2D1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    There's an online comic here at TF.N, that deals with that, you could read that.

Best regards

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I remember reading a fic over a year ago about a backward speaking Jedi. It turned out that the Jedi in question wasn't Yoda, but on a mission somewhere this Jedi found a young, green being who was very strong in the Force and trained him.

So in effect Yoda's speech pattern came from his Master.

This is just an example of one of Yoda's quirks that your fanfic can explore. Perhaps your writing can explore how young Yoda learned to cope in a galaxy where most everyone else was much taller than him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.