main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before the Saga Yoda in Training 2017 Diary Challenge young Yoda 1/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lea-El, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Title : Yoda in Training
    Author : Lea-El
    Description : 2017 Diary Challenge - Young Yoda's diary

2017 diary challenge J182017

Yoda in Training

Today at the Jedi Temple I arrived. Long have I searched for Jedi, now train I will to be Jedi.

Secret to keep I must, or kicked out I will be. Very difficult to keep, it will be. Everything depends on it, my future, Jedi future, galaxy future.

Young ones of many species also in training, much crying for parents. Overwhelmed teachers are, see if help, I can.

(Yoda closes eyes and sings) ‘Ma to la ba, Ma to la ba, Oh ta se la, Oh ta se la’ (Young ones stop crying and sit down on the floor and lean on their bag of belongings)

Oooops! Noticed me, they did.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Very good, your Yodaspeak is. :) But I knew that from your young Yoda epic already.

So, I assume the reason Yoda is caught is because he is required to sever the ties to his homeworld and the Yenell? The song itself is heartbreaking, one almost has to wonder if a good deal of the Yenell is taken away from their homeworld.

Findswoman and Lea-El like this.
  3. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Thank you We will have to wait to see how it works our but I wasn't expecting one so knowledgeable in the story to post. Thank you again.:)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Glad to see this starting—and intrigued! I much enjoyed your Yoda multichapter story, and this sounds like a very fun and cool concept. As in the longer story, you've got the lingo spot on, and I see we're going to see here too the mischievous, humor that you did such a good job with there. Love the song, too! :)

Lea-El and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Thank You for posting. Young Yoda has always been my favorite story lines. I loved the song too. Unfortunately I can only write songs in Yoda speak. I appreciate your feedback. :yoda:

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    J242017

Whew, close call, I had. Notice an extra youngling, they had. Watched me all the time, they did.

Separated me from other younglings. Question me. Tested me for Jedi Training, they did.

Where are you from? Who are your people? How did you get on transport to the Temple? What are your parents names? What is the name of your planet?

Pretending to be a youngling solved many of my problems it has.

Parents names pa and ma. How did you get on transport? Follow other younglings, go to play. Name of planet home. Crying on cue always handy, when trouble there is.

~

A Blind Prophet and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Questions, questions, questions! :p But Yoda has a strategy, and I'm not surprised to hear it's worked well before. His answers are perfect: Pa, Ma, Home, just followed the others. A clever little gnome, he is! :D

Ewok Poet and Lea-El like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Wondering what will happen once they discover that a youngling, he is not.

Findswoman likes this.
  9. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    this is certainly going to be interesting. i'll probably have to check out that other story that ewok poet mentioned good job on the yoda voice. i'll be watching out for more of this.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb. You have Yoda-speak down to an art. =D=