main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Yoda & Kenobi in TPM if made today?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JMaster Luke, Feb 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    If TPM was made today do you think they would of had obi-wan and yoda instead of qui-gon amd kenobi?

Two reason why i think that might be case is one they physically couldnt have yoda on screen walking around in tpm with lack of technology.

And two didnt lucas first make tpm without quigon? And later drafts he split kenobis character and made qui gon?

Maybe if yoda was with kenobi, kenobi could of found anakin and wanted to train him. But yoda would say they need to focus on mission.

Just something i was thinking.

Edit: i havent posted in the PT section in awhile. I just saw this other topic called What Ifs....if this question has to go in there im sorry. I know ive been part of this site for like 19 years, but i dont know....is there a way for me to close this topic and transfer the question in there?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    As it ended up, Qui-Gon needed to be there to show that Anakin might have followed another path, and he needed to die to prevent that happening and to be the first loss that set Anakin's eventual fall in motion. Neither of those would work with Yoda (a traditionalist who we know full well lives on through the entire trilogy.)

Jedi Princess likes this.
  3. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    [​IMG]
    I am a huge fan of Qui-Gon Jinn and he is one of the main reasons to watch TPM. Having said that, I do not see how his character would've come into the picture if Yoda could've been made as a CGI character, at that time. I'm glad things worked out as they did, because Liam Neeson did a very credible job as the "grey" Jedi. I cant imagine the SW saga without him.

KyleKartan likes this.
  4. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Thats what the story is now but couldnt anakins failer be because obi-wan was more adamant on training anakin? He would be the one who discovered him and was amazed how strong the force was with him. Yoda would say no he shouldnt train him. "I thought i could train him as well as master yoda...i was wrong."
    Maybe make Kenobi always someone who got anakins back...even when anakin goes bad kenobi should of tried to bring him back. He didnt seem to say much as far as how there is good in anakin in revenge of the sith. If he did then vaders line would fkow better when he said "obi wan once thought as you do"(i think those are the words) after luke said "i wont fight you...theres still good in you."(i think thats what he said haha. Bad memory)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  5. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    No. The whole point is to show what the Jedi Order lost in those times that eventually led to its destruction. The Order lost its ability to follow the essence of the Code, paradoxically because they were too stick to the literal rules. Yoda and Obi Wan who survived understood that and changed their attitude (and trained Luke differently).
    There is another reason: the size. The PT shows two more remarkable Jedi Master characters, Qui Gon and Mace Windu (apart from many side characters in the Council) to show indeed how big and powerful was the Jedi Order in that times. Staying in the "area" of then known characters as Yoda and Obi Wan would show the Jedi Order as small closed circle and not as powerful entity which it was.

Subtext Mining, KyleKartan and boonjj like this.
  6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Not quite

In the earliest known drafts, Obi-Wan traveled alone, and Qui-Gon was a separate character who didn't show up until the cast arrived on Coruscant. It still ended with him being killed by Maul, but his role was significantly smaller