main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

yoda knew anakin would kill sidious from the get go

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by anakin101, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin101

anakin101 Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2006
    i have a feeling yoda knew what the prophecy meant by 'he will bring ballance to the force.' He realized once anakin turned to the dark side that he would eventually kill sidious. I say this cuz yoda says "Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be..." when he is talking to sidious.

any thoughts....

2. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    Then why does Yoda send Obi-wan to kill him? :0)

3. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Yoda also said : A phophesy that mis-read may have been .

4. Sith_UK

Sith_UK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Yoda trusts in Obi-wan, not the prophecy as he says "A prophecy that misinterpreted could have been."

5. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I think Yoda was referring to Darth Vader becoming more powerful than either of them. Yoda knew that would not happen because he had complete faith that Obi-Wan would Slice and Dice Anakin. By RoTS, I think Yoda had ALOT of faith in Obi-Wan's abilities and patience. He probably also realized how reckless LIGHT SIDE Anakin was. I think if Yoda were a bettin man he had more money on Obi-Wan over Anakin than himself over Sidious.

Carnage

6. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I do not think by the time of revenge of the sith he was as powerful as the emperor. Yoda sends Obi-wan to figh Anakin because on of the reasons are Anakin is not nnbeatable.

7. vadersmyfather

vadersmyfather Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2005
    I say this cuz yoda says "Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be..." when he is talking to sidious.

He's referencing the fact that Sidious thinks Anakin will become all powerful in time....but Yoda knows that Obi has gone to destroy him therefore not allowing him to become too powerful.

Yoda believes Obi will kill Anakin.

However, Yoda evidently knows more than he's letting on, after all he's been speaking with Qui Gonn for some time.

BUT, he wouldn't have etried to kill Sidious had he total faith in the Chosen One. Therefore, Yoda thinks he can kill Sidious.

8. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

JASTERSLEGACEYV2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    your all wrong, the profacey is compatable by both anikan and luke, the chosen 1 will bring balance to the force but also turn to the dark side of the force, luke did this for 2 years, so infact the profacey was corectly read but not all of this was read, they missed the part about the choosen 1 turning to the darkside, so by anikan killing palpatine (cry) balance was brought 2 the force and part of the profacey was complete, so no yoda could'nt have predicted this because it would go against the profacey that the jedi beleive in and yoda sees only wat the empoerer wants him 2 see, andwhy would he want yoda 2 see this?

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yoda doesn't have faith in the prophecy, by ROTS. And even less in Anakin, especially after he becomes Vader. Both Jedi Masters give up on Anakin. Yoda wants Obi-wan to kill Vader and he more or less does.

10. Kirk_Kanos

Kirk_Kanos Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2006
    I agree completely farcical, He could not see that as the future was clouded with a dark vail, also the prophecy was misinterpited, and he sent Obi-Wan to kill him.

I think that says it all, no debate.

11. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I think Yoda meant Sidious may have mistrusted Anakin to be a stronger apprentice, when Yoda felt Obi-wan would defeat Anakin.

12. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    I feel Yoda by the end of ROTS had lost faith in himself. His feeling of failure is part of his reasoning for trusting soley in the force by the time of the OT. I think Obi Wan had faith in Anakin and Yoda felt he was essentially dead up until the start of Empire Strikes Back. Notice Yoda is sceptical about training Luke, but Ben thinks that maybe Luke can reach Anakin. By the end of the film Yoda can sense the potential in Luke and sees the same trait that Anakin had; love for family.

Even in the final moment when we see the three characters as ghosts. Ben has sort of a proud smile wheras Yoda seems a little surprised at Anakin's arrival. In the end I think it's simply a matter of Ben having known Anakin better or perhaps believing Padme's dying words on behalf of her fallen husband. Yoda knew him but not as well as Ben did. And no one knew him like Padme. Ben twice spared his life, once on Mustafar and again on the death star. And although the outcome on the death star wasn't 'in the bag' so to speak, his aim wasn't to take Vader's life. And while the motivation may have been much different back in 1977; when Lucas made the prequels he surely crafted his new films according to the apparant motivations for actions by characters in the OT.

Considering Ben's choices and Yoda's reluctance to train Luke, I would say Ben may have suspected Anakin would kill Sidious when put to the ultimatum of killing his own son, wheras Yoda went along with Ben because he ultimately trusted his instinct.

13. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Considering Ben's choices and Yoda's reluctance to train Luke, I would say Ben may have suspected Anakin would kill Sidious when put to the ultimatum of killing his own son, wheras Yoda went along with Ben because he ultimately trusted his instinct.

But even as a force ghost, he was still uncertain about that.

14. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Nah, I think you just misunderstood the line.

Yoda has faith in Obi-Wan that he will put a stop to his "former apprentice gone mad".

And he did just that.

He 'cut him off at the knees' :p

15. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Actually the prophecy was NOT misinterpreted.

The prophecy was right. Anakin was the chosen one, and he does bring balance to the Force.

16. Darth-Natas

Darth-Natas Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2006
    JASTERSLEGACEYV2 brings up a very good point.
    I think this is a very good assessment of Yoda indeed?well done!
    I think it is fair to say that Yoda always had uncertainty with his faith in the prophecy. Keep in mind, Qui-gon is the one who discovered Anakin and decided that he must be the chosen one. When he brings young Ani before the council, Yoda is quite obviously not convinced that he is the chosen one (in the positive terms everyone believed the title to imply)?and also very uncertain of young Skywalker's future.

Nevertheless, I also believe he could see far more of Anakin?s future than he admitted. One must take into serious consideration that the ONE thing that both Yoda and Anakin share in common is exceptionally high midiclorian counts. To make a real world analogy, mitochondria produce the chemical energy that our bodies need to function?and the higher the numbers of mitochondria?the higher the relative potential for energy production. The force is focused by the midiclorian count in an individual with training and practice?and Yoda by Ep.I was already quite old and experienced. Not only that, but the exceptionally high midiclorian count within young Ani even further enabled Yoda to see of him what he did. However, not only was the dark side interfering with his abilities to see the future clearly, but Yoda also clearly saw the inner conflict within the young boy?and through wisdom, realized the potential for uncertainty that exists with such a dynamic.

He no doubt realized Anakin?s potential for good, but he also clearly realized his potential for evil?and because of that, he also realized how dangerous he was to train. To grasp the concept of uncertainty, imagine rolling a beach ball along the top edge of a peaked roof?which side will it ultimately roll off on? Impossible to predict the future is when the potential to go either way exists equally. I believe Yoda did know that Anakin would likely ultimately destroy the Sith lord, but the toll along the way was a strong factor in why he always mistrusted him. Though Anakin had an even higher midiclorian count than Yoda, Anakin/Vadar never possessed the clarity of mind and thought that Yoda possessed to utilize it properly. Yoda=zen Anakin/Vadar=chaos

Lastly, Yoda sent Obi to confront Anakin, but he knew he would not kill him?I also believe he knew that the confrontation would push Anakin fully over to the dark side, but because it was inevitable at that point, he saw the path as already chosen?and realized that fighting it was pointless. However, he also knew the path of the chosen one (though not the path he would have liked) was already plotted. Both Obi and Yoda were devastated by Anakin?s chosen path, but neither ever completely gave up on him?they still had hope that the prophecy would be fulfilled?just not the way they?d have wanted it to be.

17. Kirk_Kanos

Kirk_Kanos Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2006
    For starters i do not agree with it that Yoda knew Obi would not kill Anakin, but I'm not going to get into that, simple because i just wrote all about it in another topic here,
    which has brought to my attention that there's at least 2 maybe 3 topics here that are all going much in the same dirrection and could be merged, to save all the same points been said in each of them, Up to the mods and Admin of course, I am merely pointing it out,

theres:

"Anakin had to become a Sith"
    "There is still good in him"
    and this one
    "Yoda Knew"

cause to me it seems that everyones debate in each is the exact same as in the other,
    Just a thought/Idea.

18. Darth-Natas

Darth-Natas Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2006
    I won't argue with you about it because it's all fiction anyway, but you are of course, welcome to your own opinion.

19. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Sids is referring to Vaderkin's tremendous powers -- Yoda is simply saying that Palpy's faith in those as of yet unrealized powers might be a bit hasty.

As is more often the case than not, Master Yoda proves correct. Obi-Wan waxes the vaunted Sith apprentice, sending him into a life lived inside of a cage, dependent upon a resperator, and more machine than man.

Also, as Yoda instructs Luke in TESB when Luke sees his friends suffering and he asks Yoda if they will die, Yoda replies: "Hard to see the future is. Always in motion!" Yoda is essentially saying that visions and prophecies of the future are merely one possible alternative, one potential outcome. Each individual has choices. Each can alter the final outcome in some seeminly minor or almost insignificant way.

Yoda may have seen only one possible future for Anakin. Once he saw the carnage in the Temple and the holocron of Anakin's role in the slaughter, he knew that Anakin chose another path, another destiny. He may have come back to believing in Anakin after QGJ's instruction, but we do not know that based upon the canon of the films, books and screen plays. We are left guessing, as GL diabolically intended.

20. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    If Yoda knew Anakin would kill sidious from the get go, Then why do you think he confronted Sidious in the first place?:oops:

It is obvious to me that Yoda lost all faith in Anakin fulfilling the prophesy of the chosen one. He just became what he was supposed to ultimatly destroy. It is not until the midpoint of Yoda's duel with Sidious, that Yoda realizes that he was wrong. As it says in the novel, he just didn't "have it." It also states "He lost before he even begun".

It wasn't Yoda's fight to win. It was the chosen ones fight. In other words...Anakin's fight. That is the reason why Yoda chose to flee, even though it did seem that he was winning the duel.

Only the Chosen one can have enough power to destroy Palpatine, the last of the sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.