main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Yoda on Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Taalcon, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014

That's not the impression given but your dubious deduction...How in the hell would Yoda appear on a cartoon? Did you really think we wanted a "Roger Rabbit" type of thing going on?

2. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    A direct quote from the article:

"In the episode, he’ll appear only in the form of his disembodied voice — provided by Frank Oz,"

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As it showed in AoTC, Yoda trains pretty much all younglings collectively (Kanan was probably in that group); as for Yoda just appearing as a "disembodied voice" - Vader in the deleted RoTJ scene was able to contact Luke across the galaxy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yoda's 'voice from the Force' instructs Kanan or Ezra (or both) to travel to Tatooine or some other planet to meet a former Jedi Master.

4. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

:confused:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I don't mind the idea of a disembodied voice directing or helping Kanan / Ezra, but it would be cool to see Yoda meditating on Dagobah as he did it - though I don't want anyone traveling there. I wonder if the message will be specific to this pair or if other former Jedi, like Ahsoka, will hear the echo of his voice in the Force...

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

That would be good if it is surviving Jedi.

7. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    A lot of you people need to review your reading and comprehension...I know it's only going to be his voice on the show...and no one ever thought it would be Frank Oz returning in the flesh to puppeteer...especially on a cartoon....therefore i leave you with this...
    [​IMG]

Doop and darklordoftech like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

If thats directed at me then I am sorry I have dyslexia so before you start pointing things out don't your not a mod so just stop.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

you don't point out that it is just yoda's voice, you keep on saying things like "but I fully expect him to be in exiled monk mode" and .I don't want to see him swinging a saber like he did in Clone Wars" you never say anything about his voice so I though you were confused and I was just clarifying.

TheSilentInfluence and Cevan like this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Jedi Knight Fett

You're spelling and grammar is fine. Don't worry about it. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Thanks. for the complement the only thing I still work on really is commas. :)

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You're welcome. And don't worry too much about that. I never used comma's and such properly either. I'm better then I was two years ago anyway. It takes time. :)

13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Sure sounds like you did. You said you didn't want to see him swinging his lightsaber around, but that won't be happening at all since it's been confirmed he is only speaking and we won't actually see him. I suppose you could say you didn't want him doing this in a possible future Rebels appearance, but you didn't specify that at all.

Perhaps you need to write better and be more clarifying in your statements.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, that thing that's going on here, stop and stuff.

But yeah, no need for condescension people. Unless you're me, 'cause it's funny when I do it. ;)

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Good Idea.

16. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    The only real thing I can see Yoda saying to Kanaan or Ezra is some sort of phrase of wisdom as they go into hiding, probably after the group gets separated by the Empire. It'll probably just some sort of action which causes him to just reassure them that they are not the last of the Jedi alive left in the Galaxy. It'll be very over dramatic like when they played the holocron of Obi-Wan.

17. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    From an interview with the Wolfpack Podcast, Freddie P Jr. made it sound as if we're getting Ezra's lightsaber soon. I'd assume the January premiere episode(s) involve this plot point, and Yoda is involved somehow.

shorttrooper likes this.
  18. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    It is also known that his lightsaber construction is a 2 part arc episode... as well as the finale being a 2 parter... so either it's in the finale or 4/6 remaining episodes have 2 part arcs in them.

19. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Then the lightsaber construction arc must be Path of the Jedi/Idiot's Array

20. Nerf Herders

Nerf Herders Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2014
    I feel like, if anything, Yoda will provide much needed guidance. We've yet to have Ezra properly instructed on the darkside, and the key teachings in this require Yoda, especially since Kanan seems clueless on the subject. In a way they're both still learners, and Yoda needs to provide clarity after Ezra's brush with the darkside. After overcoming that, and realizing its temptation, then his Lightsaber construction should begin.

21. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    If Idiot's Array and Path of the Jedi are indeed the Ezra's lightsaber arc, I wonder what Idiot's Array had to do with it? Do they need to win a kyber crystal or some lightsaber parts in a game of sabaac or something? Hondo did say that even just one kyber crystal was worth a fortune on the black market, and with so many dead Jedi after Order 66 there's bound to be a few floaing around. If they do try and win a kyber crystal in sabaac though, I wonder why they go to the temple on Lothal? Or it could always be that they get the crystal at the temple, but to get the parts for the built-in blaster they have to win a sabaac game.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    ...if Yoda gives Ezra a lightsaber...

23. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    What is the purpose of the Empire trying to get a hold of so many Kaiburr crystals? What are they for to power the Death Star?

I think Yoda will only speak to Kanaan or Ezra in a moment where they lose hope in their situation and the Force. Perhaps Ezra is captured by the Empire and separated in order to be forced to join the Dark Side. It should be a moment of real despair.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    unlimited Death Stars

25. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    It was stated in one of the Rebels Recon aftershows that the Death Star uses 8 massive kyber crystals.