main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda to be RECAST?! screen tests of Yoda in exile.....

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by KissMeImARebel, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    It looks like Yoda may be getting recast in episode IV - this new screen test footage on an unknown jungle planet includes the muppets trying out for the part of Yoda:

here

2. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    No that's not possible. Take my word for it, Yoda will definitely be CG, after all, he and Sidious are the stars of Episode IV. a puppet can't carry that much dramatic weight. Next thing you'll be telling me the Empire will be destroyed by teddy bears.

3. acidfireeyes

acidfireeyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2005
    Actually I heard that Lucas was going to go 2 dimensional and replace Yoda with Plankton from Spongebob. He thinks it will have more kid appeal and add comic relief.

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'd bet on CG, but Yoda's voice may be changing a little bit in the next film. Word is that John Lithgow has been given copies of Yoda's scenes, presumably for voiceover work. Maybe Frank Oz is too busy? I suppose some time in exile could change one's voice a bit, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this news...

-Paul

5. UncleErnie

UncleErnie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    [face_dancing] John Lithgow...?

"I-yah see-ah you innah Hell, Buckaroo-AH Banzai !"[face_chicken]

(or something like that)

6. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    It HAS to be CGI, remember the puppet from TPM, they can't pull that crap again. That's a weird planet for Yoda to go too, it looks like this next one has way less everything than the last one huh?

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I dunno, maybe we should have faith in George. I can remember back to the days of 3SA when I was the few who beleived in him and my faith was paid off.

8. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    Ya maybe....do you think Yoda will build a new lightsaber?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.