main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"You are a collector, are you not?" The new acquisitions thread.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Commander Antilles, Jul 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Went to Walmart yesterday and bought a ROTS shirt. They didn't have any teen girl SW shirts though but because I'm small (5'1") so I was able to fit into a boy's 16-18 size shirt.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm really mad that my local Walmarts don't have any adult sized t-shirts or hats. I haven't seen any since Episode I. :(

3. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    at midnight madness one of the wal-marts i went to had them. i'm sure i saw them online, but i can't remember where. they also have some at hot topic, and they have a website.

4. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    Got teh red saber Palpatine #35 from Kohls. [face_dancing]

5. MatamFowas

MatamFowas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I've got:
    Obi-Wan #1
    Yoda #3
    R2D2 #7
    Grievous' Bodyguard #8
    General Grievous (four saber) #9
    Darth Vader #11
    Anakin (Slashing) #28
    C3PO #18
    Shaak Ti #21
    Kit Fisto #22
    Aayla #32
    and the Sneak Previews of Grievous, Tion and R4

I'm desperately trying to find:
    Palpatine #35
    Royal Guard (Blue AND Red) #23
    Clone Commander #33
    AT-TE Tank Gunner #38
    and any others above #33

I live in the Columbia, MD area. Anybody got any spots I should check out in order to obtain these?

6. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I got an Obi-Wan elcectornic lightsaber with kcikin' Force vibration.

7. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    When I got home from work today, the "gift" that a good buddy from Long Beach had sent was waiting on my doorstep:

[image=http://img55.echo.cx/img55/7271/lavavader0cx.jpg]

I still don't think it's that amazing at all, but when someone offers you a great deal on something, you take it (As in free).

8. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    My dad got me Chewbacca today. I went out and got the new issue of Premiere, and since my dad got me Chewie (and I already had the Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior), I decided to grab Tarfful. I don't think he's as good as the warrior, but still cool. I love the huge size of the wookiees. His swinging club action was a neat little surprise.

9. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    Today I picked up ROTS Kit Fisto at Wal-Mart. I almost got Darth Vader instead, but I realized I needed a new Kit more than I needed another Vader. Especially considering my only Kit Fisto is the half-naked one from the Clone Wars line.

10. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Clone Commander #33
    Clone Pilot #34
    Palpatine #35
    General Grievous #36

The grat thing is that the Palpatine that I picked up has the Blue Lightsaber. :)

11. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Picked up the Wisdom of the Force Yoda and the Art of ROTS book which is stunning :)

12. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Anakin #2

13. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Giant Chewbacca Pez and Vader & Yoda bobblehead pens.

14. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Vintage OTC Stormtrooper

Star Wars Early Bird Set

OTC Spirit Obi-Wan
    OTC R2-D2 (Dagobah scene) plays sounds when you push his front)

15. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    Great run for me today. Went to Target and TRU:

1) Sneak Preview wookie warrior
    2) Sneak Preview R4-G9 (for my ARC-170)
    3) Clone trooper 3.75"
    4) Blue senate guard
    5) Yoda that has over 500 phrases and stories/ trivia from all 6 movies
    6) ROTS Yoda Jedi Training Lightsaber (for my Yoda Costume that I will wear on opening day)
    7) Anakin Unleashed

...didn't find any Lava Vaders, though.

16. scubajake

scubajake Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    I didn't acquire anything new today but on sunday I finsihed 1-36 of the ROTS 3.75 set finally. O and I also bought/ got the holo yoda for free.

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Here are "some" of the ROTS items I have purchased thus far:

[image=http://images9.fotki.com/v172/photos/4/42811/152894/MidnightMadness284-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images9.fotki.com/v174/photos/4/42811/152894/MidnightMadness285-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images9.fotki.com/v176/photos/4/42811/152894/MidnightMadness286-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images9.fotki.com/v171/photos/4/42811/152894/MidnightMadness287-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images9.fotki.com/v177/photos/4/42811/152894/MidnightMadness288-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images9.fotki.com/v172/photos/4/42811/152894/MidnightMadness290-vi.jpg]

That is my cat Padme sleeping on my new black Star Wars T-shirt! GAH! Cat hair!

18. Flaar_Fyre

Flaar_Fyre Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2004
    I recently got the Padme Amidala basic figure, which is really needless to say as that is the only thing she has right now, and the 500 piece puzzle that is shaped like Darth Vader's helmet. I got the one that has Darth Sidious, Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, and Darth Vader on the Sith side. It is rather difficult to put together, or at least it was to me, but I'm almost done with it now.

19. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Where did you get those pins from? TOS?

BTW I'm not a big cat fan but that shot is by far one of the cutest things I have seen in a long time.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Did a run to town today and managed to find the following in two different bookstores:
    RoTS Graphic novel
    RoTS YA novel (Scholastic)
    RoTS Scrapbook
    RoTS Movie Storybook
    RoTS Funfax diary

MJF - cute cat!

I think it will be time for a new thread for this soon - we are getting near 5000 posts!

21. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    MJF- Impressive collection.

22. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    MJF - Impressive kittycat. :D

23. Ewok_Commando

Ewok_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    Went to TRU to look at their selection, and ended up finding an Obi-Wan Unleashed, the AotC variation, not the new ROTS release. At that point, decided to spend exclusively on the Unleashed figures, as I'm a displayer, and I think the Unleashed set up and display much better than the smaller figures.

A trip to Wal-Mart provided me with the opportunity to pick up Mace and Count Dooku Unleashed as well. Get them at the stores if you can, and avoid paying the exorbitant eBay prices! I shudder to think what the prices on the harder-to-find Unleashed figures will be like at Celebration III next week as well.

24. MatamFowas

MatamFowas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I went to Target last night, and they had ONLY ONE Polis Massan out. So I got that.
    I swear that my conspiracy theory about Target only putting out one 33+ figure every so often is TRUE!

However, I should also say to any collectors out there that there are some low number figures that are starting to become less and less seen on the racks of TRU, Target and Wal-Mart. They are: Clone Trooper #6, Padme #19, Count Dooku #13, Bail Organa #15, Battle Droid #17, C3PO #18, Shaak Ti #21 and Mon Mothma #24. So if you don't have these by now, you might want to consider picking them up. And OF COURSE both of the royal guards and anyone over #32 are still scarce.

25. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I just got the Clone Wars Cartoon Yoda. That little sucker is hard to find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.