main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON You are cordially invited

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BobaChris12, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    The North Ridge has been invited back to help out with the pregame festivities before the April 26 game at 7 PM. We will be dressed in costume and offering digital 5x7 pictures for $5 with the proceds going to the Boys and Girls Club. The fans loved us a few weeks ago and we were a big hit.

I am offering an invite to our friends of the Great White North to come down, in costume, and have some fun with us. You would need to be at the HSBCArena by no later than 5:00 PM on te 26th and be ready to go in costume by 5:30. How about it eh? You can just respond to this thread or PM me. I will fill you in on more information as it becomes available. We willl have a free ticket into the game. Tickets are also available for friends at $15 each in the 100 level.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I've already told Chris that that is a working weekend for me, so I'm out, but I suggested he post in here to see who else in interested.

3. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Ooh, I'd definetely like to go, considering I had to miss out last time the group went to the U.S.

4. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Padme would very much like to attend if she can get the day off work. *picks up blaster and heads to local bookstore* :D

edit: *goes to humour section and picks up large volume of American jokes and insults" 8-}

5. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I am very interested in attending this.

Pre-game festivities for what exactly?

How about it eh?

Thank you so much, you are one of us :D

6. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks for the invite, but unfortunately I am unable to attend because I am taking part in an Olympic power lifting workshop that Saturday afternoon.
    Hopefully next time.

7. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
  8. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    Whoah whoah whoah

April 26 was the planned date for head shaving

9. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Ah yes, I knew that date seemed familiar...

What are the times for the game? Maybe we can do both??

10. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    What time is your head shaving event....all the times were listed in the original message

11. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    Sent this to BobaChris12:
    Just wanted to know more information on the event you have invited us to.
    First, is this a hockey game? a football game?, a ping pong tournament?, a jousting match? LOL Are the teams local?, regional?,college?...and who should we be cheering for? Would we be meeting at someone's house to get into costume?...or doing it at the arena? Besides pictures, what else does the pre-game show involve?
    Will we be going to someone's home after?

We would love to come, but it may be tight with this hair shaving for charity event going on here that day.

This is the reply:
    The Buffalo Destroyers are a local professional indoor football team. There will be a room designated for us to get into costume. The last time we were there, the guys had to step outside while the girls changed and vice versa. The pregame is held in the main vestibule of the arena. If it is chilly outside, then the chill tends to linger by the main doors, but gets warmer the further you move away from them. We were in the middle last game and did not find it cold at all.

As far as post game goes, we are working on the details now. Most of us have very small houses or apartments that would make it a very cramped party.

There will be about 13 of us going to the game. We will have a Vader, Biker Scout, Stormtrooper, ANH Leia, Arena Battle Padme, Han Solo, Imperial Officer, and some mixed Jedi.

The team wants us to be ready to go in costume by 5:30. The game starts at 7 and we will be walking around in the arena, or we can sit and watch the game. I am meeting with the team this week and will pass on more information as it becomes available. I wanted to give you as much notice as possible to give you a better chance of making it.

12. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Sounds very interesting, but that list does knock out like 4-5 of the costumes we (YJN) have.

I have no idea if this will clash with the head shave event. I don't mind going to the game, but am curious how late ppl think it will run due to the fact that I will probably have 2-3 kids with me. Oh... where would the seats be? (height wise)

13. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Wow! That is really neat! I'd love to come down in costume, but my last exam is on the 28th and I'll probably be working that weekend as well. Good luck though!

14. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    I sent some questions over to BobaChris...
    in regards to tickets, end time, and such... I thought I could at least share the info with you guys.

>>>The game should end no later than 10 PM. There is a parking ramp attached to the arena that we could park in. Since we will be arriving at the arena early, we will get the prime spots.

The tickets are for sale for anyone who wants to bring some friends. If you are volunteering to help, you will be given a pass to get into the game. We can it down for a while and get up and walk around at half time.

The unofficial age limit for the event is 16. What ages are you inquiring for? Keep in mind that the tables will be set up in the main vestibule just outside the main gate. It tends to get a little crowded and little children could be lost easily.

I'll get back to you on the duplicate costumes. What costumes are duplicates?<<<<

Doesn't seem like our family will be going over the river for this one. If my guys ever got lost I would freak, so I think we'll sit this one out. Oh... I did send him another message about parking cost, so noone gets surprised. Last time I have to park for an event in Buffale it was like $10. us. not a huge deal, if ya know you have to pay it out.:)

Have fun all those who are going though :D.

15. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    Well, if they have ANH Leia and a Battle Padme already...looks like Eryn will have to be Zam (if she goes) and I will have to be Senate Gown Amidala (grrrrr).

What will you do Nick, if there's a Han Solo already?? (Any chance of borrowing the stormtrooper armour?...you looked great in that)

16. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Well I have a couple options:

1. See if the Wook will let me borrow the fur.

2. Go as Han anyway

3. Beg/Borrow/Steal another male costume

17. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Parking is $8.00 US. :)

18. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    The Zam costume would be a big hit as would the Wookie..if you could borrow it Nick. If not, I am sure we could work something out.

19. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Sorry nick, my costume will be unavailable because it will be on me, for I will be attending this event. I do have some Jedi robes if someone would like those.

20. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    Well, Nick, you could borrow my Podracer Anakin!!

(joking...please let me live....) 8-}

21. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I would like to go in my new costume but that depends if I find the right stuff and how much work I might have to do. So I guess I should plan for my rainbow outfit.

22. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Nick you could always go as Han in trooper armour, if you had it ;)

How about Wedge...the orange suits always are cool :)

Too bad I'll be away guys, otherwise I'd want to go :)

23. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Um, is everyone planning on going to this game instead of the Head Shaving??? Kevin was counting on us!! What are we doing???

24. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    We'll be at the head shaving, but I have to warn Death to anyone who comes near Hubby with shaver!!!! LOL... Still working on getting a few more ppl to come down.

25. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.