main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Niagara, ON You are cordially invited

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BobaChris12, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    *cough*trooper*cough*

I sooo can't wait to get to another costumed event. So sick of these jeans and t-shirt-things :)

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 NE RSA & North Ridge VP star 9 Manager

Aug 30, 2002
    Hey Nick, don't worry about the Solo costume, we can alter marty's to make it a Bespin so you won't look exactly the same.

3. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Right-o. Good thing I'm keeping my hair.
    Hm, I'm listed as a shavee for some reason.

4. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Well I am obliged to stick with Kevin's head shaving thing so if there is any conflict then that is my priorirty. However, I will also bring along my borrowed Emporer Palpatine costume should I get a chance to come down.

James

5. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Here is the update as I promised. The team is glad to have us and is looking forward to seeing us in our costumes and helping the fans have a good time. Everyone who dresses in costume will be given a pass to go to the dressing room area anytime they want, and a ticket so they can sit and watch the game if they so wish.

The plan is to walk around during the game. If you chose to do so, we can donate our tickets to a local charity and the team will match our contribution. ( We all will have a pass into the game anyways, so why not let a famikly from Ronald McDonald House come by and enjoy the game?) If you are not in costume, you can still come, but will need to purchase a ticket.

Lastly, the team is open to whatever number of costumeed volunteers want to come. If there are more from Niagara, please let me know asap.

I need to know who is coming by Sunday night April 20. The team needs me to submit the names of everyone coming so that they can prepare our security passes.

6. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Sorry Chris, I won't be able to make it, but I wish you all the best and hope you have lots of fun with the event. Thanks for thinking of inviting our group!!!

7. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Depending on when the Head Shaving Event takes place here in Niagara, the list of those attending are:

Buffalo Charity Event
    April 26th

Nick
    Laurie
    Graeme
    Eryn
    Andrew
    Steph
    James
    Chris

8. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Awesome. If anything new comes up, I will post it as soon as it becomes available.

9. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    The team is not limiting the number of Star Wars people, so if more members want to come in costume, you are more than welcome to join us!

10. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Just a reminder...I need a list of names (first and last) by Monday morning 10 AM for those who are attending the game. I will have the meeting times for you Tuesday or Wednesday.

11. Tari_Nolatari

Tari_Nolatari Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2002
    Hi guys-
    Just wanted to say that it would be really cool if you guys could come so we could have a bigger group. Sorry about the duplicate costumes but I think it would be really fun to meet some other star wars fans.
    Hope to see you guys there!!
    (I'm Michelle/battle arena padme btw!)

12. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I sent Christian this list:
    Nick
    Laurie
    Graeme
    Eryn
    Andrew
    Chris (?)

For those that are going can you please contact me in regard to the question mark by my name? I want to talk to each of you before I will know if I am going or not.

13. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    :_| Won't be making it afterall...Rez is kicking me out that day. :_|

14. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Well that's just great. :(

Well it looks like my other plans will have to be cancelled if I have to be a driver now for the rest to go to Buffalo. Unless Steph is still going and can drive?

The reason I was a "question mark" was because there is a large NorthEast gathering in Pittsburg this comming weekend. There will be a number of GSA/RSA's traveling to the Comicon that I would like to meet, along with a number of chapters. There is a dinner Saturday night that I was planning on attending.

There were 3 things that were holding me back: Debby, our Hair Cutting event, the ok from BobaChris to pass on their event, and the ability that you guys can get to Buffalo without me.

- I ran the idea by Debby and she thinks I should go to Pittsburg :)
    - Our charity event got canceled
    - I talked to Christian and he also wants to go to Pittsburg and said it was ok for me to miss his event.

- That leaves YJN. I was hoping James would be able to drive, but he can't now. I'm hoping Steph can, but I'm not to sure how comfortable she is driving to Buffalo. And I know Laurie can't drive.

So I guess I'm S.O.L. for going to Pittsburg if we don't find a driver.

But there is also the question...
    How do the YJN members feel about me missing this event to go to Pittsburg?
    I've always felt a level of responcibility towards our events or making trips to events put on by others. Bottom line is, I don't want to let anyone down because I'm wanting to do something different.

15. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Personally it isn't much of a problem for me, as long as I get to go to Buffalo.

16. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Sorry for delay-lack of internet

Unfortunately I can't drive Sat-I have to move that day

17. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    I will see if there is something I can do Chris, since I know how much it means for you to go to Pittsburg!

18. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I wish I could go so I could drive, but this event comes at a craptacular time for people in college/university with exams & moving... :(

19. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Well my plan didn't work out, so I can not help out by driving. :(

20. AcrossTheStars86

AcrossTheStars86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Amanda
    (Dark Mara Jade)

21. B-Lo_Fett

B-Lo_Fett Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    Whats up cats! I look forward to meeting all at the game, especially my northern competition! Can't wait to see what i gotta measure up 2! Unfortunately because of my damned personality i wont talk to many of you, dont take offense. Peace!

22. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    So, it looks like this is a go??
    As far as I know, the following will be attending: [ul][li]Chris[/li][li]Laurie[/li][li]Eryn[/li][li]Graeme[/li][li]Nick[/li][li]Andrew[/li][/ul]

I am thinking to meet at my place (9 Tara Cres. pm me for directions) but I need to determine a time. (1:00?)

Don't forget for those under 18, you need to bring birth certificate, photo health card, and a note signed by your parents that says Chris has permission to take you across the border.
    Also please bring $5 gas money and any spending money, drinks and snacks you wish (no fruit).

Any questions or comments, please post. :)

23. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Have birth certificate and a note, no photo health card though. Never got one of those, and never needed it.

Also, what is the protocol for the whole bringing somewhat-realistic-weapons-over-the-border thing?

24. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Do you have some photo ID Nick? A student card or something, just in case they ask?

As for the weapons thing...I had my Bombad Zam rifle last time...and we just made sure it wasn't really visable going through customs....like we didnt aim it out the window at anyone...we buried it under a bunch of stuff in the hatch...LOL ;)

25. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Ok, I'll remember that when I need to hide my .5 Desert Eagle under my car seat.

But seriously, as far as I know, the 2 pieces of paperwork will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.