main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters You Can Take the Farmboy Off The Farm... (Luke Skywalker Characterization)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by EmilieDarklighter, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Emmi: Because Luke is a man-hunk, I hereby declare the Sweaty!Luke challenge to be open.

:D I have a Dark!Sweaty Luke in a WIP, but can?t post it here. Guess that's another excuse to write Sweaty!Luke again....darn. ;) [face_blush] [face_laugh]

Pariah: Ok, seriously, now somebody HAS to make a humorfic Luke parody of that famous Coca-Cola ad of the businesswomen ogling a sweaty construction worker outside.

I think YOU should write it. [face_mischief] :D

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I think I'll need to do more research. Hmmm, wow! I guess that means I'll be breaking out ESB and watching sweaty Dagobah Luke over and over and over again. Freeze frame? Well, I'll have to, won't I? :p

I mean, really, it's for my craft! Sigh...the sacrifices I make!

3. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    It's probably a poor indication of my mental stability that I really, really want to write stalker!fic. Huh. :p

Beyond that, no concrete ideas at the moment. ;) Maybe I'll write a PG smutlet. Current pet project is a five-hundred word PG-appropriate kiss, so ... stars, I have strange pet projects. o_O For the record, I'll blame it on AP Gov. :D

4. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    VaderLVR64: You poor, poor thing....

:p

5. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I have a Dark!Sweaty Luke in a WIP, but can?t post it here. Guess that's another excuse to write Sweaty!Luke again....darn.

o_O

Now where would this unpostable ficcy be, Trace? [face_mischief]

And you see, I have this little thing called not being able to write humor... :p

6. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Check your PMs. ;)

Humor is harder than it looks. I think it comes naturally for some folks....I'm not one of them, either.

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Trace

VaderLVR holds up her hand hopefully. Um, PM me that little snippet? [face_praying] Pretty please?

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
  9. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    I've started a landslide. [face_laugh]

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Indeed you have, my friend. [face_plain] Indeed you have.

11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    (It's at FF.N as well as the SWSB, but I sometimes forget to update at FF.N.)

Do we post challenge entries individually or in a separate challenge thread?

12. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Individually, m'dear. :) Just post something about it being a challenge response in the thread.

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *GLOMPS* I lurve you, Trace! *loves that story*

15. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Up for potential challenge takers. :)

16. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    [face_laugh]

That was hilarious, Trace. :p

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Here's my response to the sweaty Luke challenge. Enjoy! I hope...

Not Her Type

18. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    :eek:

*runs to the nearest sports event to get ice-cold Gatorate barrel poured on head*

19. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Ok, I'm fresh off of reading JadeLotus's tremendously superb Innocence Lost and it made me itch to post this (besides giving this poor thread a big fat blatant kick UP):

Everybody writes fics about Luke being either light or dark, but I like seeing more of the kind of fic that shows Luke...not necessarily being inbetween, but contemplative of his own potential for darkness and the actual imperfection of his character. And I don't mean wallowing in depression over possibly falling to the Dark Side (there are enough fics set right after ESB dealing with this, both excellent and not so great). It's kind of hard to quantify, but if I may, I'd like to issue a challenge (for once):

Write a Luke fic concerning his status as a warrior tainted by his deeds--he is not always the White Knight people make him out to be, and even his good actions have painful repercussions (such as his eventual realization that even his rewarded duty of blowing up the Death Star still ended a million lives, for example) for his soul, if not always others.

You may choose to read JadeLotus's fic or not--I'm not sure if you'll get what I really mean out of my description or if you'll need an example, but if you don't want to feel influenced by it then you don't have to click.

Now, if Emmi can just come along and change the thread title again... :p

20. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *thwacks Pariah*

*thwackthwackthwack* [face_batting] Because of you, a bunny bit and wouldn't let go. :p I've written it already, so if certain people declare it postable (and I do say 'if'), you'll see it in a few days. ;)

21. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    OooOOOooooOOo, thwacks from Oba--I'm not worthy! *grovels*

And of all people to see this so quickly, it's you! :eek: Oh lucky day! Thwacketh away, my dear, because it will only bring joy later! [face_laugh]

22. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    *discreetly pokes thread with toe* [face_whistling]

23. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL. Not looking forward to anything, are you?

24. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    o_O

Ya think? [face_laugh]

25. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey, everyone! I can't believe I've never posted in this thread! :eek: But I don't usually do challenges very well. For some reason, when someone else tries to give me an idea, I have trouble making it work. Sometimes I can, but often not.

Anyway, I saw the bit about doing a parody of the old Coke commercial with the business ladies ogling a half-naked construction worker and I thought I'd tell you that...I wrote one already. [face_blush] About 6-8 months ago, we had a Naked!Luke challenge on the Yahoo group I'm on and I remembered that old commercial, and well...

Anyway, if you'd like me to post it, I will. I might have to change a line or two to bring it in under the ratings guidelines, but it's mostly pretty tame.

Anyone interested? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.