main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends "You Decorated My Life" OTP #17 Luke/Mara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 25, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: "You Decorated My Life"

Characters: Luke/Mara; Han/Leia
    Note: This is for OTP Challenge #17: Our Song
    A song with special meaning for a favorite pairing is included in the story.
    Context: A lovely follow-up of Heart's Destiny, my scrumptious collaboration with @Jâd Sphera
    Song: "You Decorated My Life" by Kenny Rogers

MELTY MELT!

Disclaimer: None of this is mine but I love it all like it was [face_laugh]

-----

Luke and I found ourselves on Chandrila to visit family. We were gently persuaded to attend a New Republic meet-greet complete with food, beverages, and a live band.

Usually, we avoided such things whenever possible, but it was our one-year anniversary, and although I wasn't sentimental about such things, Luke tended to be. We had privately celebrated that momentous date on a world that held personal significance to us, the semi-isolated, bucolic world of Yalorum, where I had recuperated back when he and I were allies/friends, on the edge of more...

Luke and I attended this gala dressed in our finest: he in a suit that matched his eyes, I in a dress that matched mine.

Luke went to the stage where the band was playing lively melodies and slipped them a data-chip with a song request on it.

The melody began, and it turned out to be the song we had danced to first as newly-marrieds.

We danced extra-closely to the tender, sweet ballad.

It was as if we were the only ones in the room.

Afterwards, we slipped away to the balcony overlooking a garden sloping down to a lake.

We held each other as the first stars came out.

+++ :) [face_sigh] [face_love]

gizkaspice, Kahara, Bel505 and 6 others like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  3. Jâd Sphera

Jâd Sphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Oh my!
    What a wonderful trip back to Yalorum! [face_love][face_love][face_love]
    And that last part, both sitting and watching the starts, making reference to that first time they did at the lake cottage. [face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

Thank you for writing this. It is so sweet to see Luke and Mara celebrating their first anniversary. [:D]
    I hope you keep posting little snippets like this! I'll love to read them ^:)^

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Force Ghost star 5

Jun 19, 2019
    Aww! What a beautiful, heartwarming Luke/Mara story for this challenge[face_love] I love the idea of Luke being sentimental about things like songs and year milestones since I could totally picture that being the case, and it was so clever to have this be about Luke, Mara, and that special song they dance to. It really does make it feel that it is Luke and Mara's song, which is so true to the spirit of the "Our Song Challenge"!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much! Yes I can so imagine Luke being sentimental and Mara secretly so [face_shhh] And the song just FITS!

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Awww, that was just so sweet!

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    "You Decorated My Life", what a funny title.

My Dutch husband, DarthUncle, muttered that is the story of his life since he married a German kindergarten teacher. And pointed at some of the Halloween decoration in this flat. Tsk!

But since this is one of your stories, dear Ny, I thought immediately that this must be a very sweet Mara and Luke story. And yepp, it is.

Plus it is a wonderful entry for the OTP Challenge. Well met!

9. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    [face_love]

So lovely and sweet! And a wonderful song for them too. [face_love]

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh yay! It was wonderful to visit the world of Heart's Destiny here, checking in with Luke and Mara after a year of happiness together. Though Mara may say the sentiment is all with Luke in their relationship, she is understandably smitten here - and who can resist a slow dance and holding each other under the stars in a beautiful setting like that?! Such a lovely moment to capture in words, and an all too fitting reflection of your song. [face_love]

Gorgeous job from start to finish on this, as always! =D= [:D]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] You can tell an OTP has taken hold when you hear a song and think that fits! ^:)^

12. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    Such a sweet moment for these two, and so well deserved after all they have been through—and gorgeous song, too! It really does fit them so well. Beautiful work once again, as always! =D=

13. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    Great Luke/Mara story, like the idea of them revisiting this world due to its significance to them.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. I think of Luke as being openly sentimental, Mara not as much ;) but just as eager to return to a place that holds warm personal significance. @};-

I totally relate sweet, romantic songs to my favorite pairings. :)

gizkaspice and Findswoman like this.
  15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Short but sweet and cute. Loved it.

Edit: It's so hot here that I'd forgotten I'd already read this. *sigh*. Still cute and sweet though!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy it was worth the re-read LOL @};-

Findswoman likes this.
  17. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Aww! [face_love] This was SO sweet! I liked that Luke was prepared with their wedding song, so thoughtful. Loved it!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  18. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    So glad this was bumped up because now I know this beautiful entry exists so I can read it! Very sweet indeed!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks you two. [:D] :D