main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga You Don't Know Me -- H/L SongFic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

First I'd like to thank Exeter, DarthIshtar and VadersMistress for taking the time to look at this before I posted. I was watching Ray the other day and heard this song. I always thought it described the uncertainty between Han and Leia in ESB with perfection and so the plot bunny attacked, but enough of my rambling.

Ladies and Gentlemen Mr. Ray Charles

The mission had been anything but pleasant. Almost being caught by the Empire, narrowly escaping death by a bounty hunter and nearly crashing the ship while flying through Ord Mantell hadn?t been at the top of Han?s list of things he wanted to accomplish. As he walked down the ramp of the Falcon he saw the small frame of the Princess briskly walking towards him, this could only mean one thing. He must have screwed up.

?Great,? he mumbled. ?Another lecture.?

The Princess had to practically threaten the High Council to tell her what had happened on Ord Mantell to cause Han to go missing for a week. She didn?t know why but the thought of never seeing him again made her chest ache, and the moment she heard the Falcon had landed, she ran everyone down in the corridors to get to the hangar. She finally saw Han disembark from the Falcon when it happened.

She slipped on a piece of ice and was now lying on her back staring at the ceiling.

You give your hand to me, and then you say, "Hello."

Han watched as the Princess crash to the floor in a heap. An instinct took over causing Han to drop everything in his arms and run to Leia?s side.

?Are you alright?? He asked as he offered his hands to help her up.

Not thinking, Leia grabbed his hands. She had taken off her gloves in the mess hall and had forgotten to put them back on. The skin-to-skin contact was a sudden reminder, as Han pulled her up.

?Oh ? ? She was a bit flustered. ?Hello.?

And I can hardly speak, my heart is beating so.

The freezing air pinched Han?s throat, as his breath quickened from the close contact with the Princess. They were still holding hands and at that moment the only thing Han could see was Leia. How could he have let this get so far? He was a smuggler, a rogue, the type of guy you slept with to rebel against parents not take home to them. Somewhere between rescuing the Princess and now, the young woman had managed to invade his every thought.

There was something in the smugglers eyes that caused the Princess? heart to beat faster. Normally this would happen in an argument, but Leia noticed this reaction was happening more and more whenever she encountered Han, even if they didn?t argue. His hands were rough but warm and she never wanted him to let go. Who was she kidding? Han could have any woman he wanted, why would he want the Ice Princess? That wasn?t the toughest question though. Why did she care who Han was with?

And anyone can tell. You think you know me well.

?You ok?? Han whispered.

?Yes,? Leia quickly glance down trying to avoid Han?s gaze. ?Just a bruised ego,? she tried to lighten the mood.

?I don?t buy that,? Han let out a chuckle. ?It would take a lot more to bruise your ego than slipping on ice.?

?And what is that suppose to mean?? the Princess tried to act hurt.

?Hey Solo!? Wes called out. ?You?re not even back for five minutes and you?re already hitting on the Princess??

?Not my fault she can?t keep her hands off me.?

But, you don't know me.

Han immediately regretted the joke as he felt Leia yank her hands out from his. He mentally cursed himself. Sure, it was fun to get her riled up but they had been having a nice moment and he had to ruin it.

?Don?t flatter your self, laser brain,? she snapped right before turning on her heels to walk away. Why did he have to do that? The Princess let out a breath of exasperation before she shut her mind to any thought of the smuggler.

No you don't know the one. Who dreams of you at night;

The images were so vivid that Leia didn?t know i

2. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Really good! =D=
    All of your stuff - oh, H/L! - is great. The song really fit well too.
    Plus, the Pre-ESB H/L is great for fanfics.

3. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    That was touching bit of romance. I'm glad we know how this one turns out. I like how you weaved the song into the story. Looking forward to more of The One He Saved. (Hint, hint. Time for an update?)

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    If I didn't love you before, I do now!!! [:D]

Bravo!! =D=

Ray Charles! Wow! Never imagined you could combine my boy Ray with Star Wars and you did it so beautifully!

I'm not a mush kinda guy--really. But...this is just great.

@};-@};-=D=@};-@};-=D=

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wonderful, especially the opening circumstances and the epiphany.

6. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Man oh man, you already had me when I looked at the title. That was utterly beautiful! Combining the greatness of Ray Charles with Star Wars.

You deserve ten pats on the back for that.

@};- @};- @};-

Wonderful Job.

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    That was wonderful IrishEyedJedi! I don't read a whole lot of OT fics, but this was fantastic :D

Brilliant work!!

8. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great fic! I loved the depth of emotion you touched within the characters. I also liked the different point of views. The song really does fit Han and Leia perfectly. Great job :)
    --Wynssa

9. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005

Awesome, Irish. You and Ish's H/L viggies should keep me going for a few days. The song was weaved really well throughout the piece, and the scene was just so perfect.

This part was one of my favorites. I just wish that it were real. *sigh*

10. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excelent!

11. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Wow... that was just super! Fantastic job, IrishEyedJedi! :D =D=

12. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    If he was going to pursue anything with Leia he couldn?t have his debt to Jabba following him around.

Great explanation of why Han was going to leave! I haven't heard it before, and that makes the best sense!! Awesome!! Wondeful job!

13. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I doubt I've read a better-written songfic. You've done beautifully in incorporating the song to heighten the mood of the fic without detracting from it or pulling focus. It was all very lyric and flowing. Even the changing of perspectives - while I normally discourage authors for doing it in songfics, this one actually made it work. Beautiful!

KR

14. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Liesl - Really good!
    All of your stuff - oh, H/L! - is great. The song really fit well too.
    Plus, the Pre-ESB H/L is great for fanfics.
    -- Pre-ESB H/L is a lot of to write, thank you for reading!

Chewie-Fan - That was touching bit of romance. I'm glad we know how this one turns out. I like how you weaved the song into the story. Looking forward to more of The One He Saved. (Hint, hint. Time for an update?) -- Okay I get, I get it. I'm working on The One He Saved right now. ;)

Souderwan - If I didn't love you before, I do now!!!

Bravo!!

Ray Charles! Wow! Never imagined you could combine my boy Ray with Star Wars and you did it so beautifully!

I'm not a mush kinda guy--really. But...this is just great.
    -- Awww shucks [face_blush] Glad I could bring some mush into your life.

DarthIshtar - Wonderful, especially the opening circumstances and the epiphany. -- Thank you very much Ish :)

Aiden_Sanic - Man oh man, you already had me when I looked at the title. That was utterly beautiful! Combining the greatness of Ray Charles with Star Wars.

You deserve ten pats on the back for that. Wonderful Job.
    -- I don't know about ten but I appericate the thought. Thank you for reading it.

Layren - That was wonderful IrishEyedJedi! I don't read a whole lot of OT fics, but this was fantastic

Brilliant work!!
    -- Glad I could provide a little OT for you! :D

WynssaStarflare - Great fic! I loved the depth of emotion you touched within the characters. I also liked the different point of views. The song really does fit Han and Leia perfectly. Great job -- Ms. Wyn I can't thank you enough for stoping by! Means a lot.

kotorchick - Awesome, Irish. You and Ish's H/L viggies should keep me going for a few days. The song was weaved really well throughout the piece, and the scene was just so perfect. -- I'm so excited everyone loved the choice of song!

ccp - Excelent! -- Thank You!

PonyTricks - Wow... that was just super! Fantastic job, IrishEyedJedi! -- Thank you person formally known as "GreatOne" :p

Laura_Anu - Great explanation of why Han was going to leave! I haven't heard it before, and that makes the best sense!! Awesome!! Wondeful job! -- I can't take full credit for this explination, I've seen other people use it as well but thanks for reading.

KnightedRogue - I doubt I've read a better-written songfic. You've done beautifully in incorporating the song to heighten the mood of the fic without detracting from it or pulling focus. It was all very lyric and flowing. Even the changing of perspectives - while I normally discourage authors for doing it in songfics, this one actually made it work. Beautiful!

KR
    -- KR I'm greatly humbled! [face_blush] I know some people don't like the perspective change but I think it builds the tension better.

15. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Incredible work. You managed to capture both characters quite well without losing their underlying personalities. Not generally a big fan of song fics, but you've certainly impressed me here.

16. carla

carla Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    Love it!! Wonderful story, great characterization of Han and Leia!
    H&L mush always makes my day! [face_blush]

17. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Perfect characterization, Leah! You truly are THE H/L expert. I'm officially giving you that title. :D

I truly loved this piece. It was wonderful. =D= Bravo!

18. ThatJonesGirl

ThatJonesGirl Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    I've been lurking around here for a few months, absolutely loving all the H/L fics. There are some really great writers posting here.

But the seemingly-unlikely (yet unbeatable) combination of Han, Leia and Brother Ray has finally pulled me out of lurkdom. I don't usually get into songfics, but this was so beautifully-written and the song lyrics were integrated so well into the story. It's so funny, because I was just listening to this song this weekend and was struck again by its heartbreaking sadness. So perfectly-suited for H/L at this stage in their relationship.

My heart actually clenched when Han asked Leia if she had found Alderaan. He knows her so well that he already knew what she was doing. I love when we glimpse the soft center of that scoundrelly exterior.[face_love]

Wonderful job, IrishEyedJedi! :)

/returns to work and lurkdom

19. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    I know I'm a little late to this...

Han gave a small snort of exasperation. Was there nowhere he could get away from the Princess? If Luke was around, he?d say something about the ?Will of the force? or some other hokey thing. His eyes traveled down the length of the Princesses body, and again Han felt his body temperature rise. She looked angelic bathed in the pale blue light of the moon. Her hair was down and she was wearing a white robe.

I liked this part. It seems so typcial of Han to blow off Luke and his ramblings about the will of the Force, lol. And then seeing Han actually look at Leia as a woman that he wants to be with was nice. I think you really captured Han here--we saw his banter and bravado, yet it was measured with his 'softer' side.

Great job.

20. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Don't know how I missed this one but WOW!!!!!

21. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    WOW
    so beautiful!!
    you pinned the characters.. wow great job

DM

22. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Just found this. the song and story were woven around each other like an embrace. Tough to write and you pulled it off.

23. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Beautifully, beautifully done! IEJ, you are the queen.

24. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Simply beautiful.

The souls of two unknown lovers sat and waited to see if they would ever get to know each other.

My favorite line, because I have always thought of Han and Leia as soulmates.

25. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'm in school right now, and the teacher is playing this song. [face_love]

It just made me think of this song fic...and want to read it again.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.