main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

you guys are all awesome. (yeah, it's gonna get mushy)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Seriously, you guys are great. If it weren't for you guys, I would be a very lonely airman here. I'm terrible at meeting people, but thanks to this forum and how cool you guys are, I've got to meet all of you. And, save for tim, I consider everyone I've met a friend of mine (I think of tim as more like an uncle or grandpa or something). :D

If it weren't for you guys, I would probably have no friends, and would be bored all the time with nothing to do and nobody to play with. I know a few people on base, but nobody I really consider a good friend.

All my friends are in Kansas and Georgia, and I only get to talk to them, I can't exactly go out and have fun with them.

Also if it weren't for all of you, I wouldn't have my very own jedi costume, homemade lightsabers, and I probably wouldn't have seen AOTC until a couple weeks after it was out to avoid the crowd.

It might sound a little dorky or gay or something, but I don't care...I love you guys.

I'm not drunk or anything, and I'm not really sure why I'm posting this, but I just felt compelled to say this and thank you all. You're like my little Star Wars family.

Okay, I'm done now, you can all proceed to give me hell :D

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Why yu little shnitzingruben!!!!!! OK....I'll be yur grandpa......FLOL!

3. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    :_|
    I love you too, man. Now let's all gather together in a circle and sing Kumbaya

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I can relate very well to what you are saying. I have some aquaintenances at work (sort of friends, but they have families and all that junk), but outside of one person, all of my friends have moved away. So when I found this place and we started getting together for meetings, and then for everything under the sun, it meant a lot to me. For one thing, I was able to find a group of people who I shared at least one common thing w/, only to discover that most of us have been able to find many things in common w/ one another. From the oldest to the youngest, and everyone in between.

That's one of the reasons I am so quick to promote this place (not just the Denver boards, but all of FanForce), because it does bring people together into a sense of community. That why I think the requirement of physical meetings to become official is so important. We have a tendency as a culture to become disconnected w/ one another, and although I think the net has brought many people together, it has also created a barrier in our social development. That's why places like this are so important. We are able to express something, like you just did, w/o fear, and w/ th eknowledge that no one is going to slam you or become uncomfortable w/ that kind of expression. It provides a safe zone for releasing some of those emotions. But at the same time, you are able to have that physical connection w/ people, and it is an important human need that many people forget to nourish.

So, I applaud your admission and I thank you for sharing a part of yourself, that would otherwise be kept silent.

5. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I ... uh.... [face_blush] ....

yeah. :) you guys rule.

6. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    [face_love]

JD
    that is so cool, Jen and I really like you too. I am glad you expressed your feelings. I also enjoy the meetings and love that we all have things in common and have differences. yeah, at the next meeting we should have a group hug :D

now, I am in such a great mood, its Friday, I have a tank full of gas, and some money in my pocket. let's go and watch out world!! (unfortunately I have to go to work now)

later

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Group hug! [face_love] [face_love]

Ok, and I am going to add some stuff here. Living waaaaay up in the middle of nowhere I've really started to miss hanging out with you guys. When I'm at a meeting, I don't have to worry about someone looking at me strange (unless I want them to ;) ) about some theory I have about Darth Vader relating to modern politicians or something like that. I connect with you all on several levels, internet junkie and star wars freak. After every meeting I feel really good. I've even been inspired by you guys. Which is great cause lately I've been in a rut. :p

8. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    What Jennifer said - ditto.

I'm just surprised JO has been on the board and hasn't trashed this yet ;)

9. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    wow , i dont know what to say ! yeah i guess i have gushed a couple of times about how i think what we have here is special . its cool to know that you guys think the same way . cool !

10. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Sniff...I love you too man! :p

ANd i agree, TGIFF!

11. vperozo

vperozo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    NO, you can't have my BUD LIGHT! [face_laugh] Love you too, man!

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks, that is so cool. I feel the same about all of you. I will admit when Jeff said he was going to a "Star Wars" meeting I laughed. Then he went to another, then another. Well I had to find out what it was all about, he was talking about people I didn't know. So after my first, then second meeting I was like "I have to get on the boards"
    The rest is history. I havn't meet a person I don't like, and I tell Jeff all the time that I am glad we have meet all of you and how diverse the group is. I think if Star Wars (God forbid) fell of the face of the earth we would all remain friends because we do have other things in common.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is.......

I LOVE YOU ALL TOO!!!! :)

13. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    hey jd...

i actually like spiderman (the movie) now.

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? ***sits & looks confused**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.