main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends You Had Me At Hello (Obi-Wan/Siri vignette; AU) posted 9/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: You Had Me At Hello
    Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi ponders the moment he fell in love with his wife.

Disclaimer: George Lucas created Star Wars. Star Wars, LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company. The plomeek soup reference is from Star Trek, which is currently owned by Paramount.

Listed at: http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/17041267/?8]The[/URL] Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and the http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/17037796/?20]The[/URL] Obi-Wan Fan Fic index

Maybe it was when I was twenty-five and Anakin and I returned from Naboo. She’d been standing there, just waiting. I saw the tears on her face right away; they weren’t for Qui-Gon, they were for me. Maybe it was then.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

”Are you okay?” she asked me softly, so softly in fact I had to strain to hear her voice. Her tan face seemed sad, as sad as my own had been for the past week.

Quickly the tears were falling again. I thought I’d cried as much as was possible, but I was wrong. Slowly, I shook my head. “No, I’m not.”

Suddenly I was in her embrace. I lowered my head to rest on her shoulder. She wrapped her slender arms around me, one of her hands trailing through the hair at the back of my neck. Just being near her made me feel better.

Maybe it was when I was nineteen. I was so sick that I wanted to die. The pain of death would have been welcome if I didn’t have to suffer through sickness anymore. She brought me soup and kissed my forehead. Maybe it was then.

”Obi-Wan, are you awake?” I heard her ask quietly.

“Barely,” I answered her, my voice roughened by my severely sore throat.

“Are you okay?” was her next question to me. She seemed determined to make me speak.

“Barely,” I answered again, hoping she’d take the hint that I really wasn’t in the mood to talk with her.

“Well, I think this might make you feel better. It’s plomeek soup, your favorite,” she said to me. I know she wanted me to sit up and look alive at the mention of my favorite soup, but I just didn’t have the energy.

Again, all I could manage was a one-word answer. “Thanks.”

I closed my eyes then and tried to get back to sleep. I felt her hand run through my spiky hair at the same time I felt her cool lips against the heated skin of my forehead. I didn’t need soup; just having her near made me feel better.

Maybe it was when I was twelve years old and on the verge of leaving the Temple forever, leaving her forever. She hugged me tighter than I’ve ever been hugged. She made me feel better when no one else could. Maybe it was then.

”Obi-Wan, you can’t leave,” Siri whined at me. She was trying to help, trying to make me understand how much she cared about me. It wasn’t helping.

“Siri, I don’t have a choice. I haven’t been chosen so I have to go to Agri-Corps,” I told her, surprising myself at how calm and collected I sounded. That sure wasn’t how I felt.

Faster than I’d ever seen her move, Siri darted across the room towards me. Before I even knew what happened I was in her embrace. She was practically strangling me with her tiny arms, but I really didn’t mind all that much. I suddenly realized that being hugged so tightly by her felt like…eternity. It felt like I’d found my eternity, my forever.

Maybe it was when I was five years old and she was three. She was as annoying as anyone I’d ever met up to that point. She was prissy, always straightening her blonde hair and strutting around like she owned the Temple. Maybe it was then.

”Obi-Wan, Garen, this is Siri. She’s going to be in our crèche group from now on,” the crèche Master said to Garen and I.

“Yuck, a girl,” Garen spit out; his dislike for girls shining through. He’d been reprimanded for that comment.

“Siri, say hello to Garen and Obi-Wan,” the Master instructed the tiny girl.

“Hewwo,” I heard the small, hesitant voice invade my ears, and I knew.

“Well, did you figure it out?” Siri asked me as she wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head against my chest.

“Yes, I finally figured it out,” I told her, running my hands through her blonde tresses. “You had me at hello,” I said right before I leaned down and captured her mouth in a kiss that promised I would love her forever.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was so wonderful! What an original approach! I loved it! I can't even begin to pick out my favorite part, so I'll simply say BRAVO!

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That was great! How cute! ;) Awesome job :D hehehe 'Hewwo' that was cute hehehe

4. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    That was wonderful! I enjoyed that!

Obi-Wan and Siri [face_love]

~Jedikma :)

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    That was wonderful and I'n not even a big Siriwan fan! :D Loved every word of it. :)

6. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Very cute! Really enjoyed it. :)

7. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    VaderLVR~Thank you so much. I'm original? Alright!! [face_laugh]

Kynstar~Thanks. That is how I said hello at age 3, so I figured I'd use it.

Jedikma~Thanks. I think I could get used to Obi and Siri.

obi-ew~Thank you. I've never been a big Siriwan fan either, but I enjoyed writing this.

Master_Noi~Thanks. Glad you liked it.

Thanks everyone.

8. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    very nice vignette with a great approach. I loved the homage to Jerry Maguire.

I enjoyed it very much

9. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    What a sweet little vignette! I loved how you actually used flashbacks to show all the moments in their lives, it was very effective. More so, I think than if you had just described the scenes.

Wonderful. :)

10. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004

?Well, did you figure it out?,? Siri asked me as she wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head against my chest.

?Yes, I finally figured it out,? I told her, running my hands through her blonde tresses. ?You had me at hello,? I said right before I leaned down and captured her mouth in a kiss that promised I would love her forever.

That was just great! Loved the progression between these two.

11. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    That was great! [face_love] Wonderful.

12. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    This was just adorable!

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    That was so sweet! [face_love] Great work!

14. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Vivid~Thanks. I actually can't stand the movie, but Cameron Crowe is a favorite of mine so....at least I got some inspiration.

Kazzy~Thank you. I definitely wanted to show the little moments between them like that. I thought it would bring it closer to the reader than just a description, so I'm glad you liked it.

LukesTheMan~Thanks. They came a long way, didn't they? Glad you liked it.

red_rose_knight~Thank you so much.

My-T-Chewbacca~Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

LaYa~Thanks a bunch.

15. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    cute!!!!!

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the count-down in age. Great way of showing how much they've come in the years since they met.

Great job.

17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Vongchild~Thanks for reading.

dianethx~Thank you. Glad you liked it. :)

18. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
  19. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    So so sweet, I liked it very, very much. The bittersweetness it a great touch for the nice ending

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Lady-KenobiThanks.

Hananiah~Thank you.

21. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I really enjoyed this. I love that line from Jerry McGuire. This was a great idea, and a great story.

*green_eyes*

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks green_eyes, I'm glad you liked it.

23. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, going surfing through boards really does produce some wonderful treasures.

I love how it went down in age. I don't know much about Siri or the time when Obi-Wan was an apprentice but I do know that was beautiful.

24. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Ohh, that was wonderful! I was actually trying to figure out who Obi-wan was talking about before I realized it was Siri! [face_blush] Anyway, very good fic; your writing style is very enjoyable!

25. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    J_M_Bulldog~Thank you for reading. I'm glad you liked it.

Jedi_of_Imladris~Thank you very much for reading and for the compliment on my writing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.