main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph You have the ability to inspire great fear: The Sinestro Corps War!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Soontir-Fel, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    JOHNS ADDRESSES GL #25 SHIPPING SLIP

In a post at the ComicBloc forms, Geoff Johns notified readers that Green Lantern #25 will ship to stores two weeks late. Johns wrote:

First off, I want to thank everyone reading Green Lantern. It's a book I plan on writing for a long, long time. I hope you'll be reading it.

Now. The record

Green Lantern Corps #18 is a chapter in the Sinestro Corps War that ships prior to Green Lantern #25. If you've seen the cover - you know it's bad ass. Prime vs. Sodam Yat.

As for the conclusion to Sinestro Corps in Green Lantern #25 - it is 54 story pages. FIFTY. FOUR! Ethan Van Sciver is illustrating 11 of those pages - epilogues leading to our third epic - and Ivan Reis is illustrating the remaining 43!

You've all seen the beautiful work Ivan has done. He'll be doing nearly two issues in 6 weeks to get this book out just 2 weeks later than planned - Dec. 12th.

I do not want to sacrifice the quality level we've maintained on Green Lantern. No one at DC does. No one else is going to be drawing pages meant for Ivan. And you should all thank Ivan for working every waking second to deliver this monster of a book. He loves Green Lantern and he knows how important this story is to you. He is sacrificing everything else in his life right now to finish this book.

In a day and age where it's taken at face value that amazing artists can't produce that much material, Ivan defies them. The amount of beautiful work he generates cannot be beat.

I hope we've earned your support to tolerate our need to deliver the absolute best, and biggest, conclusion we can.

Thanks!

Geoff

The information was confirmed in DC's e-mailer, Direct Currents:

GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS WAR RAGES ON

With excitement over the GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS WAR storyline continuing to build, retailers are reminded that all parts of the story to date are available for reorder now. Make sure you have enough copies in stock!

Title Diamond In-store
    Item Code Date Part

GREEN LANTERN SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL #1 (4TH PRINT) JUL078080 9/12/07 PART 1
    GREEN LANTERN #21 (2ND PRINT) JUN078026 8/8/07 PART 2
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14 (3RD PRINT) JUL078085 9/19/07 PART 3
    GREEN LANTERN #22 (2ND PRINT) JUL078086 9/19/07 PART 4
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #15 (2ND PRINT) JUL078084 9/19/07 PART 5
    GREEN LANTERN #23 (2ND PRINT) AUG078139 10/24/07 PART 6
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #16 JUL070204 10/3/07 PART 7
    GREEN LANTERN #24 AUG070225 10/10/07 PART 8
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #17 AUG070226 10/24/07 PART 9
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #18 SEP070163 11/28/07 PART 10
    GREEN LANTERN #25 SEP070160 12/12/07 PART 11
    GREEN LANTERN #25 VARIANT EDITION SEP070161 12/12/07 PART 11
    TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS: PARALLAX #1 (2ND PRINT) AUG078138 10/24/07 TIE-IN ISSUE
    TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS: CYBORG SUPERMAN #1 AUG070224 10/3/07 TIE-IN ISSUE
    BLUE BEETLE #20 AUG070227 10/24/07 TIE-IN ISSUE
    TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS: SUPERMAN PRIME #1 AUG070223 10/24/07 TIE-IN ISSUE
    TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS: ION #1 SEP070162 12/12/07 TIE-IN ISSUE

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Fair enough. Two week delays nowadays are nothing short of remarkable. If you don't believe me, go wait for "One More Day Part Three". :p

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    That's rumored to be do to a change in the ending...

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    9 bucks it sucks worse than the original ending that they probably planned

5. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    "Bad news Spidey: not only is Aunt May dead, she had sex with Norman Osborn! And had his kids! Who then raped her!"

I probably shouldn't give them the idea though...

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's obvious. :p

7. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    SUPERMAN-PRIME PUNCHED SCARLETT WITCH

8. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

Aunt May did almost marry Doc Ock that one time. She likes them bad boys.

9. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Still enjoying this story. It has a very epic feel without having to cross over into every book and its brother. Though I have to say Sodam Yat sets off my Mary Sue detector; I keep expecting something to happen to subvert that, then it's only reinforced.

The art in GL Corps was inconsistent enough to take me out of the story. But Kilowog was awesome. :cool:

10. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    The fact that Yat was invented by Alan Moore makes any Mary Sueness about him ok for me.

11. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

This whole arc makes me realize just how much I want a Sinestro Corps/Batman crossover. It'd be awesome. Some veteran member of the Corps travels to Gotham, looking to learn from the masters of fear who dwell there. Gets driven completely out of his or her mind with terror, and that's before Batman even lays a hand on him or her. End the story with Batman handing Hal or Kyle the Sinestro corps ring, and them going "Another one? Sigh."

I get reduced to gibbering fanboy at the thought of it.

12. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Wouldn't work, when the host becomes not suited for the ring the ring finds a replacement.

13. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    who's the new Ion?

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Sodam Yat, a Daxamite. He's about to throw down with Superman Prime.

Wouldn't work, when the host becomes not suited for the ring the ring finds a replacement.
    Yes, see Blue Beetle #20. And I seem to recall hearing about someone attempting to recruit Batman for the Corps already.

15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    IIRC, in Green Lantern #16 (or thereabouts) the Corps tried to recruit Batman, but failed due to incredible willpower resistance and previous exposure to Green Lantern rings.

16. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Ion and Superman Prime are the biggest badasses in the history of badasses.

Except for Cap and Bats.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    [image=http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/darth-ermac/DC/568px-Sodam_Yat_Ion.jpg]

Sodam Yat, aka Ion II.

18. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I think you might be right. :p

Also, GLC #18 practically drips testerone. Such a manly fight.

19. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    So, uh, how about that ending?

20. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    The end? Basically, the yellows lose, and then everyone is basically making a Corps.

Red - Rage
    Orange - Avarice
    Yellow - Fear
    Green - The center of the spectrum, the balance of willpower.
    Blue ? Hope
    Indigo ? Compassion
    Violet ? Love

And at the end of the issue? The Anti-Monitor is trapped by forces unknown, in a Black power battery... the teaser at the end says that the dead will rise and that all the Lanterns will have to come together against the Darkest Night.

The issue had its ups and downs. Kyle, Guy and John were underused, but overall it was very, very good.

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    The Dead Will Rise. The fall of the new gods. The final crisis approaching. I seriously wonder if we'll see a Black Lantern Barry Allen.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, "The Blackest Night" will be in 09, so it won't tie into "Final Crisis". But I'm betting that a lot or all of the dead heroes and villians will be made Black Lanterns. We could see Barry Allen, Superboy, Jade, Ted Kord and a lot of other dead characters return.

Geoff Johns talks about the future.

Major highlights.

1. Superman-Prime will appear in a title that Geoff Johns isn't writing right now, but apparently he will in the near future.

2. In the coming year, John Stewart will get all kinds of attention in both Green Lantern and Justice League of America.

3. Odds are that Black Hand will be a Black Lantern.

4. The Cyborg-Superman will be back.

5. The Ion one-shot explains the role of Ion and how it exists.

23. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Dan Didio acknowledged in a recent Newsarama interview that SCW was "the best thing DC did all year, hands down." I'm inclined to agree. :cool:

24. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    On the one hand, I am looking forward to the buildup of the "Blackest Night" arc. But on the other hand, I'm thinking... "Yeesh, ANOTHER long GL arc?!?". But I digress, since by this point, I am a hopeless DC Zombie, and have been enjoying a lot of what they're putting out. [face_laugh]

25. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

You know, I really find myself hoping that Kyle will take into himself Ion, Parallax, and the manifistations of all the other colors, turning himself into Ion Prime, the White Lantern. Or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.