main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph You have the ability to inspire great fear: The Sinestro Corps War!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Soontir-Fel, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I finished reading SCW over break. Enjoyed it a lot. I like Yat's character more after that GLC issue fighting Super-man-boy Prime. Though after I finish any Green Lantern book, I find myself inclined to think "Not enough Guy Gardner." Even if Guy was the only thing in it, it's not enough. :p

The Black Lantern idea seems pretty great. I'm glad they're waiting for '09 to unleash that; you need that breather between giant crises.

The Sinestro Corps War was an excellent example of an "event" done right. It was essentially contained in two series, and when it did bleed over (just Blue Beetle really), it didn't feel shoehorned in. It didn't go overly long; it used the epic moments to good effect; it had by and large good characterization; and the status quo changes flowed naturally from the plot.

2. jacenskylo

jacenskylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    I have to completely agree with your take on this storyline Face. These days it's pretty hard to find a right balance with storytelling but also keeping things moving. I really like how Johns kept the crossovers down to a minimum though

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    GLC #20 sold out, so obviously the SCW bump is helping still.

4. jacenskylo

Feb 19, 2006
    Vol 1 is out in hardcover

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I picked it up two weeks or so ago. Surprised me - I didn't recall seeing it on release lists, just one day it was there on shelf. It's a pretty stripped down version of the story, no extras at all. The least that they could have done would be to include the Sinestro Corps origins from the Green Lantern issues. Those aren't collected yet so far as I know.

6. jacenskylo

Feb 19, 2006
    There will be a third volume containing the tales of the sinestro corps war. This may be what your looking for

7. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Anyone know when the second volume is arriving?

8. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Amazon says June 24th

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Thanks!

10. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Hah, and as I look today, it's been pushed back to July 1st. :p

11. TheCosmicGeek

TheCosmicGeek Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2008
    This was a great book. I love what Johns is doing with the Green Lantern legacy, top notch stuff. Blackest Night is going to be amazing when it hits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.