main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what ... ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BarWars, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    * do you want fries with that?*

2. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    It's really not that same when you say it.

3. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
  4. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    YKW makes me feel like a bit of a tool?

Asking for an extension by one day for some uni work, and then asking for another extension the next day. I'm lucky that my lecturer isnt the sort of person to humiliate students.

5. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Lucky.

YKW Puzzling? I was riding to work today, and there is this dodgy bit where I have to get across the road, on Barry Pde (valley) where there are always all these cars, but they all turn left. So usually I ride up the middle of the street for a bit and just move over after that intersection. no one seems to care. Until today.

And the thing was, the guy who decided to hurl abuse at me was stopped on the other side of the road, with nowhere to go (as he wanted to turn right, to follow all those cars turning left from my side) and yet he still felt the need come at me with his car (yes, still, nowhere to go because of all the TRAFFIC) and to shout out (with the windows down and his child in the back) 'get of the **** road you **** -' and that was all I saw as I rode past. I gave him a single digit salute and kept riding.

What the-? I mean he was stopped there, waiting, for agess before I even got to the intersection, nowhere to go and still needs to try and ram me with his audi and scream abuse. Well, I say scream abuse, I couldn't hear him (his windows up, my ipod on) but I have seen enough football games in my time, I know what he said.

6. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Meh, it's the bikes-on-the-road-actually-going-somewhere-in-peak-hour syndrome, kahli.
    Not warrented, IMHO, unless it's Coronation Drive where they refuse to use the bike track provided. Yes, they have a speed limit on the track but you can't really go much faster than that limit riding in peak hour traffic after all :p

7. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    YK how you know i have work due? I'm spamming it up on these boards

YKW, liek, maiks me cool now?

I'm on teh myspace

Clickez

8. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Please don't use that word in my presence.

9. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I am giving consideration to cutting the phone line running into Marv's place.

Then will he do his assesment?

10. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Ninjas dispatched. They'll cut the line then serve as runners if Marv needs to get a message out.

Don't abuse your ninja privileges.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

11. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW frighteing?

Watching the Chaser last night, and charles firth asking residents of New York a) what year the 9/11 attacks occured, b) what the date of the 9/11 attacks were c) which two cities were attacked and d) how many people died (which was multiple choice).

While I do concede that the results were no doubt edited for optimum comedic value, the results were both hilarious and astounding. Most people aired thought the attacks were sometime in august, october or decemeber, one guy almost got a & b right but he though they happened on september 1 2001 (an honest mistake...) while most thought the deathtoll was in the hundreds of thousands to possibly millions, or the more acurate "a lot". Also, no one seems to recall the pentagon being attacked.

12. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    YKW irks me, that i forgot to watch the chaser again [face_skull]

13. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    download it geek!

14. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW addictive?

The smh.com.au daily 'target' puzzle. You know, 9 letters, make as many words as you can, must use highlighted letter. I simply MUST keep at it til I've got the 9 letter word. Lucky there's only ne a day! Ironically, yesterday's word was ADDICTION...

15. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW awry?

our banner. What is it the deal? I get the sidebar at the top left, then 8 repeats of the rear banner, then the banner where the sidebar should be, then the corner next to that.

Is it just firefox/mac/me?

16. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Mac or you, I'm afraid :p
    I've not experienced the problem you are having at all :p

17. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    turns out it's firefox. Or perhaps mac/firefox. Works l like a bought one in safari. :rolleyes:

18. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    No I had the same problem this morning K. exactly as you described it. Explorer/pc over here.

It's fine now though.

YKW's weird?
    Ended up at Kippa-Ring after a Nana visit today and thought ooo I'll surprise the kid and go see Shrek. SO I ask him if he wants to and he says "no thanks". I didn't really mind as I wasn't in a real Shrek mood, but it was weird.

YKW's pretty?
    I could see the mountains in great detail whilst driving over the Hornibrook Bridge today. Everything was crystal clear, and beautiful.

19. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    In my case, sometimes all I get is the 'corner' piece in the location of the 'main' banner. Next page, its fine. Firefox/PC. All bases pretty much covered, let's put this down to IGN and their hosting of the boards.

20. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    YKW... Funny.. But not really?

Hordes of drunk American sailors.
    I know they're here to save the world.. but seriously.:rolleyes:

21. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I saw a couple of them earlier this evening pre-indulging. Awww, look at their little uniforms. It's like mardi gras has come to town.

22. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    They've been in the last 2-3 nights...
    funny to see the local female nightlife swoon.
    There be much debauchery happenin' in the river city this week... Arrgh!

23. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    So we headed into town tomorrow night K?

YWK is really cool.
    New sandshoes for the kid. Just very funky and groovy. Not a huge fan of littluns looking like grown ups, but I like these shoes!

24. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    YKW...is interesting?
    As mentioned in the news thread, with it is being half way through 07, we're 3/4 through the decade. If you count 00 as the first year, we're already past that!

25. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW gross?

Smelly, unwashed, WoW nerds.
    I don't understand how someone can go for three days without a shower - even moreso, I can't understand how they don't notice the incredible smell they're generating. It's really not cool :oops:

[image=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/musicalbek/Random%20and%20humour/hygiene.jpg]

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.