main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what ... ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BarWars, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW I never thought I'd get away with?

Readin 300 pages or so of harry pottter at work, cos there is nothing else to do. And only getting asked to stop IF i think I'm going to need counselling, cos they don't want to pay for it.

2. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
  3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    OMG! :eek:

That is both frightfully exciting yet worrying... ReBoot was awesome and I'd love to see it back, but at the same time I don't want them to do it poorly... [face_worried] Aaah!

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You know what's.... a tough choice?

What tv shows to have described to you. Seems there's a whole gaggle of them at the moment. The tough bit is twofold: Will this show last more than four episodes? And which ones shall I have eat up my quota on people describing to me?

Example of new shows:
    - Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    - The Bionic Woman.
    - Californication (David Duchovny family drama).
    - Damages (Legal drama with Rose Byrne).
    - Pushing Dasies (Guy ressurects people by touch, but can't touch them (ie revived girlfriend) or they'll be dead forever).
    - Chuck (Geek becomes spy).
    - Greek (University drama).
    - Reaper (Deadbeat gamer becomes bounty hunter for satan, catching those who have escaped from hell).

...to name a few.

5. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW gorgeous?

[image=http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/sardinejewelery/brodyhooper.jpg]

Brody & Hooper.

I blame the medication.

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW devilishly inconvenient? What could either be a head cold, or a sinus infection. Ugh.

But YKW great? Daria. Man I've missed that show. One season down, a few more to go.

7. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    you rhymed ;)

8. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    She did? Oh my... :eek: Hide the children!

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I read that as "hide the chicken". That combined with that darned rooster that's followed me around today proves I'm overtired...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW frustrating? A perfectly alright afternoon soured by someone who no matter how hard you try to leave them by the wayside, they just don't seem to be able to disappear from your life. I feel bitter and cranky, and slightly violent.

11. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW freakin' cool?

Computers. I can work, surf the net, make up a mix CD and watch tv all on one convenient device and all at once.

Pretty cool :)

12. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    You know what's written?

A List of 11 things i want/have to do before the end of october, including last year's and the year before's tax returns, and getting my license, and all my uni work, and maybe writing some chapoters for this "novel" i keep putting off.

13. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    YKW Forces me to clean out all the junk in my room? Removing my chair, i can't sit down and surf the net. (I got this idea from Admiral Cain in BSG)

14. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    You know what's amusing?

Hambo's Princess Leia life size stand up pic in his hallway scared me just as he told me she would.

You know what's fair enough?

There's an indepth racing game between spiderman, superman, and various yowies being played in the kid's room at the moment. ( spiderman is winning most of the time by the way ) and variations of american accents are being used.
    " Can you talk Australian, and not so much American?" I ask.
    " well Spiderman and Superman do live in America, so they should talk American. These other guys are Stralien though" he replies
    Broad Aussie accents follow

Can't argue with that.

15. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    YKW... strangely empty feeling?

Playing in the Monthly Regional poker playoffs for the area I'd qualified in, going deep and getting so very close to the money and the prize I was really there for - a Wild Turkey Tournament of Champions ticket. It's the second time I've been so close, and yet so far away from that prize, and it leaves me feeling a little hollow right now.

Oh well, there's always next month. And there's supposed to be two tickets up for grabs next time.

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW has been a long time coming?

Reorganising my budget. I haven't been using one for a few months, but I've worked out my finances again, simplified my budget considerably, and I think it will work out a lot nicer this time. [face_thinking]

Fun times. :)

17. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    You know what is truly and utterly disgusting?

The way certain people on this board have treated other people on this board over the last six to nine months.

For a group of supposedly mature adults, you're all acting like a bunch of 13 year-olds.

Grow up.

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Guh..? :confused:

And here's me thinking that we'd gotten all the immaturity out of our systems months ago. What the hell did I miss? [face_plain]

19. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Cargin if you have any issues with anybody who is posting on these boards then please PM me about it. I shall try and sort out the issue as best I can. But above all don't throw your grief out pubicly like this. I don't want to belittle you but such actions just causes more tension amongst us than is most likely warranted. So please if you have a problem PM either myself or a RSA.

20. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    [image=http://www.turboconnection.com/images/picard.jpg]]

21. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    yeah i was gonna say wheres that coming from? :(

22. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm confused as anyone. I've not been doing much more than skimming the boards the last couple of weeks, and now I get the feeling I've missed something...

But anyway, YKW scares the frak out of you? When the power supply of a computer you're working on EXPLODES right next to your head.

Sweet zombie jesus. [face_beatup]

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    That's always fun. Does make it slightly easier to identify the problem though - rather than when the power supply melts onto the motherboard and the compy just shuts down leaving you with the smell of burnt plastic. Hi-larrious. Wait, what am I talking about? I do find that hillarious in retrospect. [face_thinking]

Anywho, YKW is nice?

My copy of "The Effigy Mound" (Sam and Max sketch book) arrived today, within a fair enough time turn around. As such, I expect my main Sam and Max cache to arrive about the end of the week, or early next. I can't wait :)

24. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    My dvd and case file are on the way! [face_dancing]

25. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW funny?

When you give your mum a book you think is just an oversized mills and boon type arrangement, and when you ask her how it's going she says she's enjoying it, but it's a bit rough in places (I think she means saucy), and that there is some bad language in there - at least she thinks it's bad language, cos she doesn't know what the words mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.