main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what's good? Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by casual-jedi, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    [Double post]

2. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    School lessons from the age of 10, on-and-off private lessons through high school, and a few too many hours logged learning by ear to Powderfinger and Silverchair circa 1998. Served as the Default School Band Guitarist at an awful lot of small town community functions, and then there's the obligatory Teenage Rock Group years, the memories of which alternate between painfully awkward and fantastic. Then I graduated, my amp got stolen, and the urge to play regularly has since lain dormant, ready to return in England's greatest time of need. Which, apparently, is right now.

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    HB with a guitar playing rock. I know, I shouldn't, but it makes me giggle. LOVE to see and hear you play sometime Bob though honestly. A talented group of friends we really do have.

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You know what's very good?

Kahlan and I have added to the family.

Aww...

5. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Oh shiny.

6. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I hope the birth went well.

7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Well I was glad it didn't have bigger wheels anyway... [face_worried]

..Goobs..just a car, not a child. No, it's not staying in our room.

8. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    I think it's safe to say this is the single most important sentence to be posted in this thread:

Adventure Time has been picked up as a series.

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Actually, I still think it's the command codes for NORAD we posted a few pages back, but this is still excellent news!

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Free tickets to stuff. Got pointed this way by a friend. Go see something cultural you might not normally see. Of course you can only do this once..get free tickets in your name..but I guess it depends on how many friends you have who want to go to stuff and take you.

Go see something..

11. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    (Wrong thread. Kindly disregard this post.)

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Had my first attempt at a costume day for school for the kid today. It's book week, so character from a favourite book ( although they said nothing from tv, movies or comics ) He chose a dinosaur from one of his books and some green felt and some elastic later it was simple but oh so cute.

God, I'm a real parent!
    Although happily not one of those PARENTS that made an entire Cat in the Hat costume from scratch out of material. Kid made his own snout.

Of course I couldn't go in and watch the parade of cute kids..not contagious anymore I don't think..nt sure though and still look scary enough for them to think I was cosplaying "where the wild things are"

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'd love to see a picture, my son did the dinosaur for his birthday last year and its not an easy one!

14. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    That's so sweet Kahlan! HEhehe yeah I'll so be one of those parents ;) Eventually :p

YKWG?

We're moving next week! YAY!!! So very very excited! This week we'll be moving things over a carload at a time, and packing as much as possible. We officially move in on Sunday :D The owners won't be moving their furniture out for another couple of weeks, but it's not such a big issue as we don't have much of our own anyway :p My first task once we move is to set up a table and my sewing machine :p Once all the furniture is moved out, then I can start scouting for a proper desk and other bits and pieces to set up my sewing room.

It's going to be nice to have access to a kitchen again :D WOO!I'll be able to make my own breakfast in the morning, and I'll be able to make dinner in the evenings. I'll be able to actually start baking again! No more hour long trips to and from work! I'll have my own room where I can sew and do my other crafting. I'll be able to finally start on a new wardrobe :D I'll finally have my own space, rather than being confined to one room. No more being woken up early in the morning by yelling, or by irritating mobile phone alarms that go off every 15 mins starting at 5am. No more slamming doors or angry yelling. I'll actually be able to use the bathroom, and the lounge room! I can watch TV! Oh it's going to be great!!

I know it doesn't seem like much, but for those of you who know exactly what Matt and I have been living through these past 7 months, you'll know that it means a lot!

Only 1 more week to go!! YAY!!!!

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Yey LC! So happy for you. Need a hand with the move;) I'm sure you've planned your own space down to the last detail. ENJOY!

16. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Yay for LC! Finally out of the house from hell! :D It's been a long time coming :)

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    YKWG?

Friday off, sleep in, unhealthy breakfast. Beautiful.

18. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    What's good is hanging out with friends you haven't seen in a while.

Thanks guys, that was fun!

Also getting a friend commission (hopefully) and getting a new phone at the same time :)

Kithera

19. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Wg. today. Catching up on my TRC reading and realising I've been referenced in the Wiki [face_laugh] That's hillarious - made my afternoon. [face_peace]

20. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    YKWG? Knowing a silly supplementary Wiki of said Chicken Site is actually read, let alone enough to make your afternoon. Thanks!

21. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    YKWG? New Job :D... Not the most fantastic job in the world. Optics my friends, I check lenses for glasses and what not. Damn easy if a little confusing on the technical front. Anyhoo, 10am starts... Sweet :D Don't get out of there till 6pm though.. Meh, whatever.

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Excellent G. A Job's a job - so if you don't hate it and it pays the bills I'd say that's a win - and can't really argue with 10am starts either.

23. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    G, that's great!!!!! I need new glasses too! Happy for ya!
    ..and the sleeping in..bonus!

24. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    YKWG?

YouTube's comments section now has an Audio Preview button.

It's one of the many things that makes Google great: an infrastructure flexible enough to allow somebody to draw a legitimate idea from an xkcd strip. And given the timing, I have no doubt that's exactly what happened.

Randall Munroe must be proud right now. The dignity of the human race is about to be restored one notch thanks to his webcomic.

25. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    haha. very nice.

WG:

Bathurst is on and it looks nice on my new tv. Can't seem to get HD channel 7 though.
    Go Lowndsey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.